Nertea

[1.8.x] Near Future Technologies (1.8 updates November 6th)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zuldwyn said:

It's not adding any new parts at all.

Then you've probably installed it incorrectly. I can assure you that it works when installed properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Hmmm. We do have this: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureElectrical/blob/master/GameData/NearFutureElectrical/Patches/NFElectricalContracts.cfg, which should do the job for the reactors. Anyone have any insight here?

There is definitely nothing for NF Solar though.

Cool. Didn't know you had developed a contract patch.

Is there some technical detail about the curved panels that might make the contracts not recognize them?

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Then you've probably installed it incorrectly. I can assure you that it works when installed properly.

There also used to be a thing where you install new parts into an already-existing save but they don't show up in the VAB because you had to "buy" them (for zero science cost) in the tech nodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

Cool. Didn't know you had developed a contract patch.

Is there some technical detail about the curved panels that might make the contracts not recognize them?

There also used to be a thing where you install new parts into an already-existing save but they don't show up in the VAB because you had to "buy" them (for zero science cost) in the tech nodes.

The curved solar panels use a custom module that allows them to be curves yet also have only 1 solar panel module. I guess KSP finds modules by name, not what they are derived from. (in the programming sense)

Edited by DeltaDizzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nertea said:

Hmmm. We do have this: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureElectrical/blob/master/GameData/NearFutureElectrical/Patches/NFElectricalContracts.cfg, which should do the job for the reactors. Anyone have any insight here?

There is definitely nothing for NF Solar though.

Forgive me if I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t find any reference to a module_definitions node in the contracts.cfg, nor its post-mm-patch structure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Jognt said:

Then you've probably installed it incorrectly. I can assure you that it works when installed properly.

B9partswitch was causing my game to crash and cause space station redux to crash which crashes my game and without space station redux installed it caused this mod to not work. Removing b9 fixed all issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Zuldwyn said:

Removing b9 fixed all issues.

Just so you are aware, that will cause you other issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nertea said:

Hmmm. We do have this: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureElectrical/blob/master/GameData/NearFutureElectrical/Patches/NFElectricalContracts.cfg, which should do the job for the reactors. Anyone have any insight here?

There is definitely nothing for NF Solar though.nF

A similar patch from Contract Configurator says that it's only being kept as legacy support for 1.1. The Space Station contract pack adds the Kopernicus, NF, & USI electrical generator modules as requirement parameters. Not sure if possible on Stock 1.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I'm getting this Error in my logs:

Quote

190831T164839.459 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/deploying-blanket/restock-engine-boar-1' not found!

Is it a problem?

 

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Error in my logs:

Is it a problem?

 

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Hello,

This error seems to exist, because the file isn't in the newest download-file.

So others should have the same error, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am experiencing a really strange bug.

I have Near Future (including Dynamic Battery) installed. I have TAC-LS installed.

I have a large multi-part accumulated ship with (among other things) cryo tanks being cooled, a lab, a greenhouse, and the small 60 ec/sec nuclear generator.

I detach part of the ship to descend down to Minmus and collect ore. Then I bring that back to redock. When I get close, TAC-LS suddenly warns me that the orbiting ship (with the nuclear power) is running out of electricity. I don't know, but I'm going to guess it's whenever the ships are both within physics loading range.

When I switch to that ship I can see that the generator is working fine, saying it is putting out 60 ec/sec. The dynamic battery control window says I have way more ec than draw and should be charging my battery. But the battery just keeps drawing down like it's not seeing the nuclear reactor at all. TAC-LS is flashing red and the the main KSP resource meters all show zero electrical charge, but the Near Future control panels all insist that the reactor is putting out full power and the batteries should be charging. (I have disabled the TAS-LS "kill your kerbals" functionality, fortunately.)

When I dock the two ships, all of a sudden everything works fine and the battery starts charging.

In case it's important, KSP apparently considers the ship with the drill to be the main root ship, because when they dock the entire thing takes the name of that ship "Drill Miner", and when they separate the part with the lab, reactor, etc. is renamed "Drill Miner Ship". Perhaps this has something to do with why the reactor power is not going to the ship with the lab? I'll say again, however, that the reactor is actually located on the part with the lab.

This is repeatable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, maybe I just misunderstood how much power the 3.75m greenhouse is taking? If I turn it off, I seem to have power.

Oh! Now I see. The greenhouse is not being included in the electrical load by the "Near Future Systems Manager". So that's why that window says I have lots of power available, but the ec actually gets drained when the greenhouse is turned on.

When the ship is unloaded, it seems that the greenhouse power drain is not actually being applied. When the ship loads, the greenhouse starts draining more power than the little nuclear reactor can supply, but it doesn't show up in the systems manager window.

(The mining ship had a bunch of solar panels on it, which kicked in enough power to get the total positive as soon as it docked.)

By turning it on and off, I can see that the greenhouse is sucking down 97.2 ec/sec, which is why the little nuclear generator can't keep up.

Edited by mikegarrison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day, quick question regarding what version is best to use with KSP 1.6.1. I've currently got v.1.1.2 (Construction) and it seems to be working fine, but wondering if I should bump up to the latest one or will there be any compatibility issues? (RP-1).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

OK, maybe I just misunderstood how much power the 3.75m greenhouse is taking? If I turn it off, I seem to have power.

Oh! Now I see. The greenhouse is not being included in the electrical load by the "Near Future Systems Manager". So that's why that window says I have lots of power available, but the ec actually gets drained when the greenhouse is turned on.

When the ship is unloaded, it seems that the greenhouse power drain is not actually being applied. When the ship loads, the greenhouse starts draining more power than the little nuclear reactor can supply, but it doesn't show up in the systems manager window.

(The mining ship had a bunch of solar panels on it, which kicked in enough power to get the total positive as soon as it docked.)

By turning it on and off, I can see that the greenhouse is sucking down 97.2 ec/sec, which is why the little nuclear generator can't keep up.

I am seeing this as well.

Though it's repeatable for me not just with parts from SSPX, but also the stock Science Lab. 

Any of the Labs (stock or SSPX), or other parts that draw EC ( like Snacks! recyclers ) are not being factored into the NFE control window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@coredumpster, @mikegarrison these are both better located in the Dynamic Battery Storage thread:

However the answer is pretty simple in general. Other mods don't get automatically detected, support needs to be added to give the planner the information it needs. The supported modules are, from the thread:

On 7/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, Nertea said:
  • ModuleDeployableSolarPanel (Stock)
  • ModuleGenerator (Stock)
  • ModuleResourceConverter (Stock)
  • ModuleActiveRadiator (Stock)
  • ModuleResourceHarvester (Stock)
  • ModuleCommand (Stock)
  • ModuleLight (Stock)
  • ModuleDataTransmitter (Stock)
  • ModuleEngines (Stock)
  • ModuleEnginesFX (Stock)
  • ModuleAlternator (Stock)
  • ModuleCurvedSolarPanel (Near Future Solar)
  • FissionGenerator (Near Future Electrical)
  • DischargeCapacitor (Near Future Electrical)
  • ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator (Near Future Electrical)
  • ModuleCryoTank (CryoTanks)
  • ModuleDeployableCentrifuge (Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux)
  • RealBattery (RealBattery)
  • KopernicusSolarPanel (Kopernicus)

I haven't found find a good way of extracting the power draw from the stock labs yet, and have not done Snacks! (it's not on the list above). So this is effectively expected behaviour right now. Snacks support is probably coming soon. TAC will probably not come for a long time if ever, it's very opaque to get data from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, OK. It's just that I was quite confused for a while because I thought the system manager was showing me all the current draw and couldn't figure out what was wrong. It wasn't until I clicked on the button to show all the calculated power draws that I realized some were missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nertea said:

 

@coredumpster, @mikegarrison these are both better located in the Dynamic Battery Storage thread:

[ SNIP ]

I haven't found find a good way of extracting the power draw from the stock labs yet, and have not done Snacks! (it's not on the list above). So this is effectively expected behaviour right now. Snacks support is probably coming soon. TAC will probably not come for a long time if ever, it's very opaque to get data from. 

Found the DBS thread.  I seem to have an older version, and have updated DBS with the latest version linked from the DBS thread, ( which does claim to support Snacks! ).  I am seeing the Snacks resource converters appearing now.  Still no lab power draw, but I can make do without that, as that seems to behave well even at high timewarp, unlike some of the other resource / background converters /consumers from Snacks.

Thank you again for all of your great mods ( and yes, I donate to your coffee fund :D ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This didn't happen when i first downloaded the mod, but when i download all these together, it says B9PartSwitch Fatal Error.

When i remove B9PartSwitch, The error message goes away, But all the parts DON'T have variants.

I need to fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys, I have an issue with Near Future Spacecraft & the additional LFO Engines patch. I have just installed these mods for the first time.

How is it possible to switch from Monopropellant to LFO ? I can see no button to make this choice. I can confirm B9 Switch has been installed.

I run KSP 1.7.3 with both DLCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey so I downloaded the NF aerospace stuff...it is super cool and works great but the parts are so huge for anything Mk2.  Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They go best with Mk 3, or the Mk 4 mod that they were originally bundled with. I use Mk 4 a lot, on my shuttles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

They go best with Mk 3, or the Mk 4 mod that they were originally bundled with. I use Mk 4 a lot, on my shuttles.

Thanks...I should download that stuff too then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkNounours said:

Hi Guys, I have an issue with Near Future Spacecraft & the additional LFO Engines patch. I have just installed these mods for the first time.

How is it possible to switch from Monopropellant to LFO ? I can see no button to make this choice. I can confirm B9 Switch has been installed.

I run KSP 1.7.3 with both DLCs.

The patch just converts the engines to another fuel type. I mean, why else would it be optional? If it was switchable, the engines would come like that out of the box.

If you want monoprop, you run without the patch. If you want LFO, you run with the patch. I'm afraid that you can't have both at the same time.

 

17 hours ago, siklidkid said:

This didn't happen when i first downloaded the mod, but when i download all these together, it says B9PartSwitch Fatal Error.

When i remove B9PartSwitch, The error message goes away, But all the parts DON'T have variants.

I need to fix this.

You could look and see if there is a newer version of B9PartSwitch available for manual download.

 

Edited by Streetwind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

The patch just converts the engines to another fuel type. I mean, why else would it be optional? If it was switchable, the engines would come like that out of the box.

If you want monoprop, you run without the patch. If you want LFO, you run with the patch. I'm afraid that you can't have both at the same time.

I though the fuel stored in the NF Spacecraft pods could be LFO instead of Monoprop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I read your post like you were trying to switch the engines themselves between modes.

Can't say much about switching the tanks, but considering that multiple people have reported B9PartSwitch problems in the last few days, it might simply be broken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarkNounours said:

I though the fuel stored in the NF Spacecraft pods could be LFO instead of Monoprop.

Are you by any chance using a non-english localization? Looks like there could be an issue under that case. 

On 9/5/2019 at 3:38 PM, siklidkid said:

This didn't happen when i first downloaded the mod, but when i download all these together, it says B9PartSwitch Fatal Error.

When i remove B9PartSwitch, The error message goes away, But all the parts DON'T have variants.

I need to fix this.

Recently this has been caused by not installing CRP when you need CRP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.