[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

NF Propulsion v0.9.6

• Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.4
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.1.1
  •  Fixed overlarge volume of radial argon tanks
  •  Fixed trailing animation keyframe on cryo separator causing a visual model offset
  •  Fixed cost adjustment of stock xenon tanks, added support for fixing mass ratios of RLA Stockalike and MRS (kerbas ad astra)
  •  Minor adjustements to chinese and russian translations
  •  Added engine nicknames to part search fields

NF Spacecraft 0.7.6

•  Updated ModuleManager to 3.0.4
  •  Updated NFProps to 0.3.0
  •  Added KerbalHealth patch (Fraz86)
  •  Added fix for TAC-LS (Streetwind)

NF Launch Vehicles 1.1.4

•  Updated MM to 3.0.4
  •  Fixed a missing bracket in the small 5m to 3.75m adapter which caused all sorts of problems
  •  Added engine nicknames to tags (Kerbas ad astra)
  •  Modified upper 7.5m cluster mount to be more space-efficient

Hi,

Having an issue after the update. My station has TAC LS resources and I do not have TAC LS installed. Logs are here

Thanks

Edit1: In looking further, it's the PPD-24 parts I used in the original version (Itinerant container, and observation module). The one station that has just SSPXr parts and not the original parts is fine.

Edited by Gilph

1 hour ago, Gilph said:

Hi,

Having an issue after the update. My station has TAC LS resources and I do not have TAC LS installed. Logs are here

Thanks

Edit1: In looking further, it's the PPD-24 parts I used in the original version (Itinerant container, and observation module). The one station that has just SSPXr parts and not the original parts is fine.

...But how? The patch that does that is tagged ":NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]". It should only trigger if your GameData folder includes a folder or DLL with that name somewhere. o_O

In fact, it's the same tag that all the SSPX patches also carry. Either it should trigger for all of the parts, or for none?

Edited by Streetwind

I made a GitHub pull request for bugfix....

you can see here https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureSpacecraft/pull/80

or edit the cfg file by yourself:

GameData/NearFutureSpacecraft/Patches/NFSpacecraftTACLifeSupport.cfg

and remove

:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

the FOR tag generates false detection of TacLifeSupport.

Greetings....

Edited by THiGER

13 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

...But how? The patch that does that is tagged ":NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]". It should only trigger if your GameData folder includes a folder or DLL with that name somewhere. o_O

In fact, it's the same tag that all the SSPX patches also carry. Either it should trigger for all of the parts, or for none?

Could it be that I have two directories: StationPartsExpansion and StationPartsExpansionRedux, each having their own Patches directory? It's only affecting the older parts. I did not do anything to the older directory, I deleted and copied the newer Redux directory in GameData only.

The PPD-24 is from NF Spacecraft, not from any version of Station Parts Expansion. We just added a patch this release that adds TAC-LS resources to it because TAC-LS itself will not find it on its own due to the way it is set up. But the patch shouldn't trigger if you don't have TAC-LS installed.

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

I would suspect the extremely common MM error of some other mod writing ':FOR[TacLifeSupport]' when they mean ':NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]'.  That will also count as 'installed' for ModuleManager, and trigger any 'NEEDS' patches.

Only way I know of to check is to look at the config files from all your mods and looking for the FOR line.  This can be done from shell in one command on either Linux or Mac, but I don't know if there's an easy way on Windows.

Actually, I just looked at that patch - and it has ':FOR[TacLifeSupport]' *itself*.  So it's triggering itself.

If I was on my main computer, I'd be submitting an PR for a bugfix right now...

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

It also says "FOR[TacLifeSupport]". For ModuleManager, this implies that the mod so tagged is present, because all patches for a given mod should be tagged so where possible.

As a result, everything else that had its own TAC-LS patches started "detecting" it and inserting TAC resources. I got bitten by that too. :)

The fix: Never do that. Use "AFTER[..." instead, because that's what you meant.

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

The PPD-24 is from NF Spacecraft, not from any version of Station Parts Expansion. We just added a patch this release that adds TAC-LS resources to it because TAC-LS itself will not find it on its own due to the way it is set up. But the patch shouldn't trigger if you don't have TAC-LS installed.

D'oh. My apologies. Updated both at the same time. Will move this to NF.

Edit1: Should I move it? Was this an issue in the NF Spacecraft update or SSPXr update?

Edited by Gilph

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Actually, I just looked at that patch - and it has ':FOR[TacLifeSupport]' *itself*.  So it's triggering itself.

54 minutes ago, Mihara said:

It also says "FOR[TacLifeSupport]". For ModuleManager, this implies that the mod so tagged is present, because all patches for a given mod should be tagged so where possible.

Well what do you know... I certainly didn't know that Module Manager does that! I always operated under the assumption that that's just for sorting the patches into the correct order for applying in sequence. That it has any meaning besides that is news to me.

Welp, sorry @Nertea. I broke stuff. :/ I'll go fix it on Github but you'll need another release.

Just now, Gilph said:

D'oh. My apologies. Updated both at the same time. Will move this to NF.

You're already there :wink:

2 hours ago, Gilph said:

I guess I'll just remove the cfgs for now. Thanks.

You don't necessarily need to, just edit the one in NFSpacecraft... go into the cfg in notepad, click the edit tab, select replace, put ":FOR[TacLifeSupport]" in the top field, leave the bottom field blank, click replace all, exit out of notepad, and select yes when it asks if you want to save changes.

Is there any way at all to get the reactors (and the open cycle engines from Kerbal Atomics) to interact with Kerbalism's radiation system? Or is it assumed that the reactors are already adequately shielded?

Depends. How does Kerbalism make things radioactive? Is it a partModule added in the config? If so, a simple MM patch will do it. Is it something the mod hardcodes in its plugin? Then the Kerbalism author must do that.

I'm tempted to say that this question is probably better asked in the Kerbalism thread. If it does turn out to be a MM patch, though, you can submit it to Nertea as a pull request on github, and he'll most likely include it. (Just don't expect him to maintain it if Kerbalism goes through major changes in the future...)

Since KSP 1.4.0 just landed less than a day ago, I'd like to forestall potential questions and expectations about mod updates with the following:

Another six days from now, the Making History expansion is scheduled for release, and it will come with a v1.4.1 patch for the base game. You should probably not expect any releases to happen for 1.4.0, since it makes little sense to put in the work for a version of the game that has such limited lifetime.

...Unless Nertea has chugged way too many energy drinks is feeling super motivated, of course. :P 

Just passing to say how amazing Near Future Spacecraft is, a mod that took me a while to understand it's uses.

Did this monoprop-only orbital shuttle for Kerbin's SOI using almost only parts from it, and the container for supplies from SSPXr.

The center of mass never changes, and it have the same RCS power in all directions, with good lever for pitch and yaw. Finally found some use to that 3-way port.

It have TWR of 0.45, almost 4,000 m/s of dV and holds 4 kerbals with supplies for 25 days (USI-LS).

The compact form and lack of solar panels helps to maneuver around other ships/stations.

Thanks for the mod!

dllhost_2018_03_07_09_58_46.png

17 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Since KSP 1.4.0 just landed less than a day ago, I'd like to forestall potential questions and expectations about mod updates with the following:

Another six days from now, the Making History expansion is scheduled for release, and it will come with a v1.4.1 patch for the base game. You should probably not expect any releases to happen for 1.4.0, since it makes little sense to put in the work for a version of the game that has such limited lifetime.

...Unless Nertea has chugged way too many energy drinks is feeling super motivated, of course. :P 

Like you think this will actually stop people from asking the question :cool:  Hope springs eternal.