Nertea

[1.8.x] Near Future Technologies (1.8 updates November 6th)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

I have no idea. Gonna try it myself when I get home.

lQ0uvER.jpg

Are any of these mods known to conflict with NFE? I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't be working properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

lQ0uvER.jpg

Are any of these mods known to conflict with NFE? I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't be working properly.

The Decaying_RTG cfg is supposed to stay in its folder, and that folder goes in game data. Same with the RTG patch. Firespitter isn't supposed to be a raw dll, either, it usually stays in its folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

The Decaying_RTG cfg is supposed to stay in its folder, and that folder goes in game data. Same with the RTG patch. Firespitter isn't supposed to be a raw dll, either, it usually stays in its folder.

Decaying_RTGs is ProbesPlus' patch, which doesn't have a folder, and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether NFElectricalRTGPatch.cfg is in it's folder or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, r1chardj0n3s said:

The only .. problem I've had so far though is that they seem to have ... unlimited energy storage :) I struggled to write "problem" there :)

Need more data. Specific reproduction steps with only NF mods installed please. 

On 7/9/2018 at 7:58 AM, Valyria said:

just tested in English, the problem has disappeared. So it is the translation into French that is problematic.
There is a manipulation that I could do to play in FR without the bug?

Ugh, I fix this every KSP version. Looks like 1.4.4 broke my hack. I'll look into it...

15 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Hmm, so any ideas why the RTGs aren't decaying, and what I can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Can you define the why more closely? Is the module showing up ingame? How are you measuring the output?

As with the other bug, please detail your reproduction steps. 

 

As an aside, I've been neglecting the forums, my apologies. I'll update things to 1.4.4 as soon as I'm sure squad won't be dropping a hotfix for it instantly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Need more data. Specific reproduction steps with only NF mods installed please

I'll see if I can do this, yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, r1chardj0n3s said:

I'll see if I can do this, yep!

Thanks, it really helps to have these with my limited time if I have a workflow where I can fix something, test and recycle quickly!

It sounds like some kind of problem with Dynamic Battery Storage but who knows really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Thanks, it really helps to have these with my limited time if I have a workflow where I can fix something, test and recycle quickly!

 It sounds like some kind of problem with Dynamic Battery Storage but who knows really. 

Yep! Since it's a low priority (it's not game-breaking) I'll probably not get around to looking into it until the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nertea said:

I'll update things to 1.4.4 as soon as I'm sure squad won't be dropping a hotfix for it instantly. 

1.4.5 is already well in the works, some other mods are waiting also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nertea said:

Can you define the why more closely? Is the module showing up ingame? How are you measuring the output?

As with the other bug, please detail your reproduction steps.

The module is showing up in-game, everything works properly, except the RTGs' efficiency and energy output never decrease (ProbesPlus' RTGs are affected in the same way).

Reproduction steps, I have no idea what's causing the bug, though I'd think it's one of the mods I have installed. I'll try and uninstall a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sslaptnhablhat I just tested on my end.

Screenshot gallery: https://imgur.com/a/J006qBC

1.) Clean 1.4.3 install, plus latest NF Electrical, nothing else save for bundled dependencies.
2.) New sandbox save.
3.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 1), with the custom decay module applied. You can see NFE parts present.
4.) Once in space, the decay actually happens (screenshot 2).
5.) Closed the game down, removed the Parts subfolder from NFE completely.
6.) Started game again, deleted savegame, created new savegame.
7.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 3), with the custom decay module applied. You can see that the NFE parts are now gone.
8.) Once in space, the decay still happens (screenshot 4).

Verdict: everything is working as intended.

You must be having a cross-mod conflict, or an otherwise busted installation. Try starting with a clean 1.4.3 installation plus NFE yourself, then add in your other mods in small groups until you can reproduce the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

@sslaptnhablhat I just tested on my end.

Screenshot gallery: https://imgur.com/a/J006qBC

1.) Clean 1.4.3 install, plus latest NF Electrical, nothing else save for bundled dependencies.
2.) New sandbox save.
3.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 1), with the custom decay module applied. You can see NFE parts present.
4.) Once in space, the decay actually happens (screenshot 2).
5.) Closed the game down, removed the Parts subfolder from NFE completely.
6.) Started game again, deleted savegame, created new savegame.
7.) RTG looks like it should in the editor (screenshot 3), with the custom decay module applied. You can see that the NFE parts are now gone.
8.) Once in space, the decay still happens (screenshot 4).

Verdict: everything is working as intended.

You must be having a cross-mod conflict, or an otherwise busted installation. Try starting with a clean 1.4.3 installation plus NFE yourself, then add in your other mods in small groups until you can reproduce the issue.

Thanks for the info, I'll do just that, but first, I must sleep, for I live in a timezone drenched in moonlight as of present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this is utterly bizzare. The problem just fixed itself, and now the RTGs are suddenly decaying as they should. Sorry for wasting everyone's time, and thanks for the help I recieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, r1chardj0n3s said:

Hiya, love this mod! The little MX-0 KerboPower reactors are proving to be so useful :)

The only .. problem I've had so far though is that they seem to have ... unlimited energy storage :) I struggled to write "problem" there :)

I have a bunch of them around the place and they all seem to just keep growing in their Electric Charge stored.

I've also notice the PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container has the same issue.

KSP 1.4.4

FWIW I've noticed the same unbounded energy in parts from other mods now also, so it's most likely nothing to do with this mod. Sorry for the noise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, r1chardj0n3s said:

I've noticed the same unbounded energy in parts from other mods now also

The question is, does the issue go away if you remove Dynamic Battery Storage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Streetwind said:

The question is, does the issue go away if you remove Dynamic Battery Storage?

I noticed Nertea's reference to that up above but I'm actually not sure what it is. It didn't occur to me that it was a separate mod. I'll investigate when I fire up the game tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 4:10 PM, Streetwind said:

@r1chardj0n3s It is a plugin that ships with NF Electrical. Not in the Extras folder, but rather with the main mod.

Since removing Dynamic Battery Storage I haven't seen the unbounded storage growth in new vessels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 7:02 PM, r1chardj0n3s said:

I noticed Nertea's reference to that up above but I'm actually not sure what it is. It didn't occur to me that it was a separate mod. I'll investigate when I fire up the game tonight.

I couldn't reproduce the issue in 1.4.5 with NFE 0.10.1. Steps taken:

  1. Build a vessel with one Mk1-3 pod, one MX-1 reactor, 4xMedium TCS
  2. Teleport to orbit, extend radiators, activate reactor.
  3. Observe battery buffer increasing as timewarp increases, but decreasing correctly on decrease of timewarp
  4. Tested several timewarp/save/load scenarios with correct buffer created and restored. 

Can you provide some specific reproduction steps? You can activate the DBS window with CTRL+SHIFT+K, it will populate above x1000 timewarp and describe how the battery buffer is behaving. If you're seeing an issue, some screenshots of this window will help.

Also, y apologies @Valyria, I appear to have actually removed the localization fix at one point. I don't know how that happened, but it is easy to reintroduce it.

Edited by Nertea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nertea said:

I couldn't reproduce the issue in 1.4.5 with NFE 0.10.1. Steps taken:

  1.  Build a vessel with one Mk1-3 pod, one MX-1 reactor, 4xMedium TCS
  2.  Teleport to orbit, extend radiators, activate reactor.
  3. Observe battery buffer increasing as timewarp increases, but decreasing correctly on decrease of timewarp
  4.  Tested several timewarp/save/load scenarios with correct buffer created and restored. 

 Can you provide some specific reproduction steps? You can activate the DBS window with CTRL+SHIFT+K, it will populate above x1000 timewarp and describe how the battery buffer is behaving. If you're seeing an issue, some screenshots of this window will help.

Sorry, I've been unable to reproduce it with a reduced mod install set (just NFE and its required dependencies). My main game mod install set is over 100 :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nertea  

 

Lets say I want to use all your mods, What KSP version should i use ?

 

Never played Making History since i have been waiting for your updated mods but I can't take it any more.

Thank you for these awesome mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Juba said:

@Nertea  

 

Lets say I want to use all your mods, What KSP version should i use ?

 

Never played Making History since i have been waiting for your updated mods but I can't take it any more.

Thank you for these awesome mods.

1.4.5... soon... I hope? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

I'm playing 1.4 2, and it works there...

I tried, downloaded every Nertea mod which according to spacedock works for KSP 1.4.2 then I downgraded KSP to 1.4.2

But i get a message for some of the mods that they are not supported and I should use 1.4.3 despite i downloaded the 1.4.2 mods ??!!!

Edited by Juba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running them on 1.4.5 and unless there is something I am missing, the NF mods all seem to work for me.

 

Az

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.