[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

nertea bundles those required dependencies for a few reasons, notably so us end users dont have to go tracking things down ourselves, and because its frankly easier and faster to do so, rather than spend time repeating 'download link is at the top of the thread' or something similar. at least thats what I get out of it.

Hello everyone,

Above all, excuse my approximate English. I would like to thank Nertea for her creations, which are excellent and absolutely brilliant. I know that it takes time and that in addition to this passion, he has a life beside.

Although some have easy criticism or fast request, Nertea must continue to take his time to release us the updates because otherwise he risks losing the desire and passion of this game.

At all thank you for supporting him in and especially do not be too hurry, space will always be there tomorrow!

Good continuation in the dream to you Nertea and good courage in your life of every day!

Edited by Sadgeras

18 hours ago, Nertea said:

NFE 0.9.7

- Fixed a bundling issue, actually resolving with NFE patch, if integrated engine is inactive, disable auto-adjustment of reactor throttle

Whatever it is you did, that did the trick. Nice job, dude. Have some coffee. :)

@NerteaGreat mods. When you soft-depreciate a part, is it possible to edit its info/name to state it without breaking the game to people that has the part? Or at least to prevent contracts from pulling it?

I'm asking because I had some parts that I was researching for and buying but I couldn't find in the VAB at all. I was confident that my game was broken. One of the parts was the LV-T95, that after launching more rockets that I'm proud to admit with the LV-95 that I mistook for it, I was able to find in this thread (page 5, third post) your changelog for version 0.6 that stated that It was Soft-deprecated.

Edited by Podesta
Typo self > soft

How will the Ion engine nerf (Because I know it's still in there) affect any currently-flying ion spacecraft? I mean, I have one that's just barely cutting it in the electrical department, and the apparent increase of the electric charge ratio from 1.8 to 54 could ruin many things.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

23 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

How will the Ion engine nerf (Because I know it's still in there) affect any currently-flying ion spacecraft? I mean, I have one that's just barely cutting it in the electrical department, and the apparent increase of the electric charge ratio from 1.8 to 54 could ruin many things.

I haven't checked in a long while, but I think applying a MM patch will affect all instances of a part, even those already in flight.

However, Ec ratios in the config are not equal to Ec usage ingame. You're not going to get a 30-fold Ec usage increase (that would be ridiculous). In practical application, it goes from 8.74 to 14.99. So you'll be able to run the engine at 60% throttle still. (It's not going to give you much thrust, but it should get you home eventually.)

Alternatively, wait with installing NF Propulsion until that probe has done its job. ...Or press Alt+F12 :P

On 10/17/2017 at 2:02 PM, Podesta said:

@NerteaGreat mods. When you soft-depreciate a part, is it possible to edit its info/name to state it without breaking the game to people that has the part? Or at least to prevent contracts from pulling it?

I'm asking because I had some parts that I was researching for and buying but I couldn't find in the VAB at all. I was confident that my game was broken. One of the parts was the LV-T95, that after launching more rockets that I'm proud to admit with the LV-95 that I mistook for it, I was able to find in this thread (page 5, third post) your changelog for version 0.6 that stated that It was Soft-deprecated.

I had this part soft deprecated for a few versions before I fully removed it. Iirc that time period was a couple months which I felt was adequate time for people to adapt.

9 hours ago, Wyzard said:

I noticed that NFLV's N-Series Service Bay is in the "Heavy Command Modules" tech node.  Is that intentional?  It doesn't have any command functionality.

Yes, I placed it there because the 2.5m service bay is in Command Modules. 

15 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Yes, I placed it there because the 2.5m service bay is in Command Modules. 

Huh, I'd never noticed that oddity before.

So the NFLV bay placement is intentionally weird, to be consistent with stock weirdness.  Can't argue with that.  :wink:

Hi Nertea,

just a quick word to let you know that I am seriously impressed by this mod series. I love those component so much that I went on youtube to watch all KottabosGames clips about your mod.

Keep the good work Nertea, this is professional grade material you are doing here.

I just started a fresh new campaign on 1.3.1. I did not go thru all the pages of that thread yet but was wondering if someone knows if the NearFutureProps and NearFutureSpacecraft are still listed as 1.3 because they were simply not tested against 1.3.1 or they are known to be broken on that release?

Again ...amazing work. I will follow that thread closely and I will have a beer in your honor while building my brand new spacestation :)

57 minutes ago, Frag2000 said:

I just started a fresh new campaign on 1.3.1. I did not go thru all the pages of that thread yet but was wondering if someone knows if the NearFutureProps and NearFutureSpacecraft are still listed as 1.3 because they were simply not tested against 1.3.1 or they are known to be broken on that release?

They are not yet updated because Nertea is doing some work on the Props package, which is used by several of his mods (Station Parts Expansion, Mk IV, NF Spacecraft). Anything depending on Props will only be updated once that is done.

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

They are not yet updated because Nertea is doing some work on the Props package, which is used by several of his mods (Station Parts Expansion, Mk IV, NF Spacecraft). Anything depending on Props will only be updated once that is done.

Ho do not get me wrong, I am not asking for an ETA. Nertea is doing an AWESOME job believe me. I will take the update when it will be ready. What I was wondering in fact is if its known to be broken in 1.3.1 or its just because it was not tested yet.

I wasn't getting you wrong, I was explaining the reason why there is no 1.3.1 version of those mods yet :P

As for whether the old versions work - personally I don't know because I haven't tried. And officially I am forced to give you the "no support for mismatched versions" line. But perhaps someone else can give you a better answer for this...

2 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

I wasn't getting you wrong, I was explaining the reason why there is no 1.3.1 version of those mods yet :P

As for whether the old versions work - personally I don't know because I haven't tried. And officially I am forced to give you the "no support for mismatched versions" line. But perhaps someone else can give you a better answer for this...

No prob :wink: 

I installed it and it work well so far (at least the game launches without any issues). I will let you guys know if I stumble on any incompatibility issue.

Thanks guys!

On 10/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, Frag2000 said:

Ho do not get me wrong, I am not asking for an ETA. Nertea is doing an AWESOME job believe me. I will take the update when it will be ready. What I was wondering in fact is if its known to be broken in 1.3.1 or its just because it was not tested yet.

Check this post near the end:

Also, a couple of minor bugfix updates to NFLV.

NFLV 1.1.3

• Fixed CryoTanks patch making nosecone negative mass happen
  • Fixed fuel capacity of short 3.75m adapter
  • Improved MFT patch courtesy of John Latour(ISE)