[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

43 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

I wouldn't have expected you to do so.  But now you don't have to worry about forgetting it again when you do.

Yup! I staged things all up for next release so that's at the top of the list :). Thanks!

15 hours ago, jljonsn said:

Yay! Been waiting for this one to revise. Doesn't seem to be functioning in community tech tree, though.

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong here.

11 hours ago, symmeclept said:

Will there be any significant changes to NF Spacecraft that might make updating a problem?

Some parts will be deprecated, however they will be done in a "soft" way that will not break crafts. To be completely compatible, avoid the engines. 

58 minutes ago, JonathanPerregaux said:

Any particular reason why "Heat Control" is always separate from, yet synergistic with, Near Future Electrical?

If you're looking for a reason to keep the separate: Heat Control is a fairly straightfoward set of parts - no new mechanics really, just parts that fill some gaps in stock.  Electrical includes two new mechanics, which are very different from stock - and even changes the behavior of other mods to match it's own.  (And those other mods are work well with Heat Control.)  So giving people the option to not use the new mechanics and just stick with more stock behavior is nice.

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

If you're looking for a reason to keep the separate: Heat Control is a fairly straightfoward set of parts - no new mechanics really, just parts that fill some gaps in stock.  Electrical includes two new mechanics, which are very different from stock - and even changes the behavior of other mods to match it's own.  (And those other mods are work well with Heat Control.)  So giving people the option to not use the new mechanics and just stick with more stock behavior is nice.

An example of this: I love the extra EC capacity of the batteries in NFE, but don't want the new NFE mechanics. So, what I do is delete everything except the batteries from the NFE folder, and then rename the folder to prevent other mods' MM patches from seeing it with :NEEDS conditions. This isn't terribly difficult, but it's basically what anyone who wanted extra radiators but not NFE would have to do every time they installed a new update. It also isn't a very elegant solution (not to mention that I'm pretty sure that renaming folders and chopping out subfolders from NFE puts me firmly in the "do this at your own risk" zone :))

By comparison, downloading one mod if you want one vs two mods if you want two is a VERY simple solution.

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

I love the updates, and adore that you continue the work on NF at all :)

something that spams when a reactor is running:

[LOG 15:09:11.534] IN: edited EnrichedUranium ratio to 2.7149999368703E-05

Same Problem here. I have RoverDude's MKS suite installed, if that's relevant.

There seems to be an issue with the USI reactors following the recent update to NFE. Now, the reactors show two instances of "Fission Reactor" converters, each with it's own Start/Deactivate and Reactor Control Panel buttons. One of these seems to activate the NFE core life tracking and the other activates electric generation. The real issue is that the two different converter instances show wildly different stats that appear to be impacting part performance.

For example:

The USI 1.25m Reactor now shows 3 separate stat blocks of:

Fission Generator - 200 EC/s

Fission Reactor - Required Cooling: 9kW, Inputs: EnrichedUranium 0.01/day, Outputs: DepletedFuel 0.01/day, EC 115/s, XenonGas 0.00/day

Fission Reactor - Required Cooling: 150kw, Inputs: EnrichedUranium 0.01/day, Outputs: DepletedFuel 0.01/day

When you operate this same reactor, the reactor control panel says it's max output is 12.3 EC/s! What is this? A reactor for ants?

So, something is broken, though I'm not sure if its on the USI or NFE side. I'll try reverting to an earlier version of NFE for now to see if that sorts out the issue.

4 hours ago, Omnipius said:

There seems to be an issue with the USI reactors following the recent update to NFE. Now, the reactors show two instances of "Fission Reactor" converters, each with it's own Start/Deactivate and Reactor Control Panel buttons.

The conversion patch had some work done on it recently. Perhaps the required module deletion calls were somehow lost. It's also possible that the modules were renamed on USI's side, necessitating an update to the conversion patch. I'll look into it later.