[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

Reporting on an extremely tiny discrepancy. The file name for the 3.75m service tank is "service-tank-375.cfg," and I guess "service-tank-25.cfg" as well for the smaller one, while in older versions of the mod it was "servicetank-375.cfg" and "servicetank-25.cfg." Now, this might seem utterly insignificant, but in my case it causes my older craft using those parts to not load because it's searching for the old file names and not finding them. No idea if that's something you want to go back and smooth out, but just letting you know.

The name of the folder containing these part configs is also "serviceTank" in the older versions and "service-tank" in the newer ones. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that simply changing all those file and folder names, and editing the configs to point to the new (old) file names does not seem to help. I'll continue trying to see if I can't hook it back up myself.

Alright so it appears that I wasn't hooking the most important part back up, which turns out to be the part name inside the config. Editing the file name and the location it searches for the model in appear to not do much in this regard. The name line is actually what appears to have needed changing for the old craft to detect the presence of the part correctly.

PART
{
    name = service-tank-25
    module = Part
    author = ChrisAdderley

Edited by Bomoo

This is the next mod I am currently translating. I won't pester you with status reports on the individual mods. I'll just quietly place the pull requests against the dev branches like with the other mods. However, I just wanted to say how much of a dad joke the description of the ARH-1M Argon Tank is:

Fuelling your spacecraft with medium-weight noble gas, this tank is a limited offer and won't be on the market forever. Get one now, before all of them... are gone.

This had me grab my head in despair thinking about how to translate it into an equally bad pun. Well played, sir. :D

On 03.08.2017 at 3:01 PM, Alexsudo92 said:

Hello, i install near future electrical, but i cant transfer fuel from nuclear reactor, reactor disabled and i have engineer

Hello, I have the same problem.

The reactor is quite cold, an Engineer of the 5th level, and I still get a message saying that "This transfer requires a Level 1 Engineer on board!", аnd the transfer does not occur.

1 hour ago, Firral said:

Hello, I have the same problem.

The reactor is quite cold, an Engineer of the 5th level, and I still get a message saying that "This transfer requires a Level 1 Engineer on board!", аnd the transfer does not occur.

Did you try his solution?

21 hours ago, Nertea said:

Did you try his solution?

No, I did not find solution to this problem.

I took the "clean" assembly (added only your mods, nothing more).

Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.0 (version 32 or 64, no matter difference).
Your mods - the latest versions.

Game - new.

I have an vessel (cockpit with a pilot and an engineer of level 5, tank with uranium, reactor without fuel). The reactor is cold. I can not transfer uranium in the reactor.
The same thing happens if the reactor completes its life (for example, about 2 years), and self-extracts its fuel.
I can not transfer uranium or waste.

Below is a link to the cloud, there saving and video. Plus a little translation into Russian, which you did not have (is not completed, literary adjustment is required. I can do this a little later).

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8rvQ/K4aSsRVuu

On 20.9.2017 at 6:31 PM, Firral said:

No, I did not find solution to this problem.

I'll take a look when I get home later.

7 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Hey, I was wondering about Real Fuel configs for  NF launch Vehicles. 

Traditionally, none of Nertea's mods have included patches for any Realism Overhaul related stuff. They have been shipped by RO itself instead, and have been created/curated by RO players.

6 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I'll take a look when I get home later.

Traditionally, none of Nertea's mods have included patches for any Realism Overhaul related stuff. They have been shipped by RO itself instead, and have been created/curated by RO players.

No, I just need a Real Fuels patch. Real Fuels Stockalike does not include a patch for this.

On 20.9.2017 at 6:31 PM, Firral said:

I took the "clean" assembly (added only your mods, nothing more).

Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.0 (version 32 or 64, no matter difference).
Your mods - the latest versions.

Game - new.

I have an vessel (cockpit with a pilot and an engineer of level 5, tank with uranium, reactor without fuel). The reactor is cold. I can not transfer uranium in the reactor.
The same thing happens if the reactor completes its life (for example, about 2 years), and self-extracts its fuel.
I can not transfer uranium or waste.

Below is a link to the cloud, there saving and video. Plus a little translation into Russian, which you did not have (is not completed, literary adjustment is required. I can do this a little later).

Okay, I went and checked this. Result: unable to reproduce your issue.

I loaded up the save file you included, went to the craft you left on the launchpad, and performed the steps precisely as you did them in your video. I was able to transfer fuel without issue, on the first try.

- Can you verify that you have the latest version (0.9.5) of NF Electrical? If yes:
- Please move everything in your Gamedata folder to a backup folder, except for the Squad folder, and NF Electrical and its dependencies (Module Manager, dynamic battery storage, B9partswitch, CRP). Then try again and tell me how it went.

On 22.09.2017 at 10:15 PM, Streetwind said:

Okay, I went and checked this. Result: unable to reproduce your issue.

I loaded up the save file you included, went to the craft you left on the launchpad, and performed the steps precisely as you did them in your video. I was able to transfer fuel without issue, on the first try.

- Can you verify that you have the latest version (0.9.5) of NF Electrical? If yes:
- Please move everything in your Gamedata folder to a backup folder, except for the Squad folder, and NF Electrical and its dependencies (Module Manager, dynamic battery storage, B9partswitch, CRP). Then try again and tell me how it went.

Well, I already did it, but I repeated it again. In the assembly of mods like you said, only the necessary mods.
The result is the same :(
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
- Right button on tank with fuel> in menu "Transfer Fuel".
- Next, I have a requirement for an "This transfer requires a Level 1 Engineer on board" (although I have him the 5th)
- Further on another tank or reactor.
All right? What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the reason is in some game settings?

18 minutes ago, Firral said:

All right? What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the reason is in some game settings?

I don't know. As I mentioned, I did exactly the same thing you did, and it worked for me, without any "engineer required" message.

As far as game settings go, I can only tell you that my test instance came from a freshly unpacked archive of a clean Steam install. It does not include a settings.cfg at all, so everything is at default settings.

Edited by Streetwind

23 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I don't know. As I mentioned, I did exactly the same thing you did, and it worked for me, without any "engineer required" message.

As far as game settings go, I can only tell you that my test instance came from a freshly unpacked archive of a clean Steam install. It does not include a settings.cfg at all, so everything is at default settings.

Hey. I spent a couple of hours, once again refilled the game, took a "clean build" and tried it with different options (32 and 64) and different settings. I do not understand why this does not work for me! Apparently this is my own personal "bug".

I have a question for you. Is it possible to change the file "NearFutureElectrical.dll", so that when transfer fuel and wastes there is no request for an engineer? I have no experience with working with files .dll, so that I cant do it myself.:/

In any case, thanks for answer, and for this wonderful mod!

19 hours ago, Nertea said:

Previous person who had this said it was resolved by reverting translation to English. Are you using a translation at all?

Yes, I weakly speak and write in English, so I use online translation. I found two "previous person" one with such a problem. The latter did not write anything, and the previous found the reason. 
I understand that the problem in russian localization of the game version 1.3? It's strange, that this happens:(

8 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I believe so - he has included some preliminary Russian language translations for Near Future in his upload.

In the near future (possibly this weekend) I will finish these translations and write to you here. I'm bad in humanities, but Russian language is given to me better than English. :wink:

On 9/27/2017 at 8:56 AM, Firral said:

Yes, I weakly speak and write in English, so I use online translation. I found two "previous person" one with such a problem. The latter did not write anything, and the previous found the reason. 
I understand that the problem in russian localization of the game version 1.3? It's strange, that this happens:(

In the near future (possibly this weekend) I will finish these translations and write to you here. I'm bad in humanities, but Russian language is given to me better than English. :wink:

So is it resolved if you switch to English localization? If so, I don't know what's going on, but at least have a starting point to look at. 

On 29.09.2017 at 2:45 AM, Nertea said:

So is it resolved if you switch to English localization? If so, I don't know what's going on, but at least have a starting point to look at. 

Yes, I checked it. In English localization, everything works as it should.

On 02.10.2017 at 7:20 PM, Nertea said:

Well, can't say when I'll have time to fully investigate this, but: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureElectrical/issues/89

I checked the Spanish and Chinese localization, and there were same problems as in the Russian.

Localization- RU (perhaps I will still edit it.): https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2c77/ao49kha6W

Edited by Firral

Okay I just have a really quick question that I want to ask just in case I missed something or installed it wrong. But I believe the part is the Lv-85 orbital maneuvering engine, which is the smallest one, in the description it says it uses monopropellant fuel but on the details portion it says LF/O is used. I did some searching on the web and the only thing I can deduce is that maybe it went to monopropellant and broke some things so maybe it's back to lf/o? Is this the case or did I screw something up? I think I got all the dependencies but I'll check again and add an edit if I don't while I wait for a reply but I'm like 95% sure. Thanks in advance.