[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

4 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

does this work for 1.4.1?

or rather does near future solar currently work

Have you tried it in 1.4.1?  Let us know what happens when you do.

Remember that modders have real lives and this hobby called KSP doesn't pay the electricity bills so we, generally, don't ask this question.  Releases will occur when and if the modder gets at it.  Please be patient and spend the time reading the thread for updates.

No disrespect but I'd just like to point out that if you had read even the last page of this topic, you would already have your answer.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:50 AM, Nertea said:

It's limited and not hugely useful for my use cases.

Glad you solved it, but recall - no support for 1.4.1 stuff with 1.3.1 mods.

Speaking of which...

1.4.1 Update Status Breakdown

NF Propulsion

• In the process of working on some 0.625m and radial Li tanks. Update whenever that's done ( > 2 weeks)

NF Electrical

• Testing a number of heat fixes and tunings, as well as code improvements. Update whenever I'm satisfied ( ~2 weeks)

NF Solar

• Recompile needed but otherwise no problems, update SoonTM

NF Construction

• In the middle of some major work on new and revised parts, not updating until done (> 3 weeks)

NF Spacecraft

• Seems good right now, needs a few tests, update SoonTM
  • Also needs NF Props update, not a huge problem. 

NF Launch Vehicles

• No major issues found, update SoonTM

5 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

does this work for 1.4.1?

or rather does near future solar currently work

All the "Near Future" seem to be working fine for me so far in 1.4.1 ...As are the rest of Nertea's awesome mods (cryo engines, heat control, station parts redux etc)

Give them a go (always back up important saves etc) Worst case scenario you have to revert to a backup but the more likely case is you'll get to use all the modded goodness in your game play :) 

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Have you tried it in 1.4.1?  Let us know what happens when you do.

Remember that modders have real lives and this hobby called KSP doesn't pay the electricity bills so we, generally, don't ask this question.  Releases will occur when and if the modder gets at it.  Please be patient and spend the time reading the thread for updates.

No disrespect but I'd just like to point out that if you had read even the last page of this topic, you would already have your answer.

it works, sorry for asking, and i didnt know if needing a recompile meant something.

On 3/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, Modding Maniac said:

... i didnt know if needing a recompile meant something.

Rarely for us game players.  Recompiling, if you're interested, would involve downloading the source code and a compiler to create the dlls yourself.  Not a trivial task for non-coders.  I'm a big fan of leaving it to the experts and keeping my mouth shut. :cool:

Edited by Brigadier
Grammar

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Rarely for us game players.  Recompiling, if you're interested, would involve downloading the source code and a compiler to create the dlls yourself.  Not a trivial task for non-coders.  I'm a big fan of leaving to the experts and keeping my mouth shut. :cool:

oh thanks

So far in 1.4.1 the only issues I've seen with the Near Future mods are related to KAS, add parts with KAS, and sometimes the NF parts sorta get ejected, nothing like adding a strut and watching your ships cockpit fire off the front of the ship :confused: Not sure if this is NFM or KAS either way I just keep reloading saves till it works. GREAT mod. The coder will update, when he updates, till then we should shut up, smile and wait.

It seems to be working for me in 1.4.1.  No real game-breaking glitches so far as I can tell. I also have this issue:

So far in 1.4.1 the only issues I've seen with the Near Future mods are related to KAS, add parts with KAS, and sometimes the NF parts sorta get ejected, nothing like adding a strut and watching your ships cockpit fire off the front of the ship :confused: Not sure if this is NFM or KAS either way I just keep reloading saves till it works. GREAT mod. The coder will update, when he updates, till then we should shut up, smile and wait.

Sometimes things don't fit quite right, or are just buggy when matched together. Solution is just to reposition or choose a different part configuration. It doesn't always happen for me even with identical combinations. Oh well! I just RPG it in my head and attribute the problem to budget cuts in my Kerbal Space Program (lol).

On 3/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, wolfschwarzmond said:

So far in 1.4.1 the only issues I've seen with the Near Future mods are related to KAS, add parts with KAS, and sometimes the NF parts sorta get ejected, nothing like adding a strut and watching your ships cockpit fire off the front of the ship :confused: Not sure if this is NFM or KAS either way I just keep reloading saves till it works. GREAT mod. The coder will update, when he updates, till then we should shut up, smile and wait.

giphy.gif

Edited by Messernacht

After Squad removed version 1.3 from the optional betas I've been trying to get my mod setup to work with 1.3.1. It's now giving me an error on the loading screen before CTD'ing. The error states that Far Future Technologies 1.0.1 is installed but 1.1.4 is available, with a download link to this page. I have scoured this page and my GameData folder for FarFutureTechnologies but couldn't find anything of the sort. When I googled it there was a mod called Far Future Technologies but it had neither a 1.3.1 version nor did I have any of the previous versions installed. Does anyone know where my error comes from and/or how to solve it? I would very much like to be able to continue my 200 hour save :)

Just so you all know, this mod has basic functionality in 1.4.2. Station bits spin, load in, and have fuel and EC in them. Some that should have seats don't but those you can just avoid.

Otherwise, the mod is working ok.

@Nertea (if you haven't had a chance to look) 

Oh btw, i would be happy to help bug test this when you find time to push out an update. =P

1 minute ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Just so you all know, this mod has basic functionality in 1.4.2. Station bits spin, load in, and have fuel and EC in them. Some that should have seats don't but those you can just avoid.

Otherwise, the mod is working ok.

@Nertea (if you haven't had a chance to look) 

Oh btw, i would be happy to help bug test this when you find time to push out an update. =P

I mean, you're talking about SSPXr here, but I haven't noticed that any parts lack seats. Could you post this in a detailed fashion in the SSPXr thrad?

On 3/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, FakeButter said:

After Squad removed version 1.3 from the optional betas I've been trying to get my mod setup to work with 1.3.1. It's now giving me an error on the loading screen before CTD'ing. The error states that Far Future Technologies 1.0.1 is installed but 1.1.4 is available, with a download link to this page. I have scoured this page and my GameData folder for FarFutureTechnologies but couldn't find anything of the sort. When I googled it there was a mod called Far Future Technologies but it had neither a 1.3.1 version nor did I have any of the previous versions installed. Does anyone know where my error comes from and/or how to solve it? I would very much like to be able to continue my 200 hour save :)

There was a really old bug with a version of NFLV that had a wrong update link (to FFT). You should update NFLV to fix that.

It shouldn't cause a CTD though!

2 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I mean, you're talking about SSPXr here, but I haven't noticed that any parts lack seats. Could you post this in a detailed fashion in the SSPXr thrad?

There was a really old bug with a version of NFLV that had a wrong update link (to FFT). You should update NFLV to fix that.

Crud wrong thread, wooops

Yeah will do XD

12 hours ago, Nertea said:

You were right, I updated NFLV and it stopped giving me the error! Thanks a bunch. It did indeed not cause the CTD, but I'm one step further. Thank you!

Edited by FakeButter

4 hours ago, MarcAlain said:

Would you ever consider making a pod for 5m?

Would you accept any commission work for parts that everyone could enjoy? I'd seriously pay for some custom parts...

There is a 5 meter shroud for the Mk4-1 Heavy Command Module, although a dedicated pod would be really cool. And commissioning is an interesting idea, especially with talent the likes of which we may not see for a while.

I'm in 1.3.1, latest version, i made a nice structure in the VAB, took it apart, and now it seems that the "Octo-Girder Pressurized Angular connector" keeps its "90 degrees" collision box when you switch it to 45 degrees. Is this a known bug ? 

@Nertea just created an account here specifically so I could say thanks for all your hard work. I've only been playing KSP for ~6 months, and only recently nerved myself to install Near Future Technologies and Stockalike Station Parts. I am astonished at the quality of your mods. You are an amazing artist, and from what I've seen reading through the support threads incredibly patient with people and dedicated to your creation. It's hard when upstream changes so much requiring you to rebuild everything; software isn't always as fun as it could be, but you have made a fun game astounding.  You've said you're going to wind down soon but I'll be making a donation all the same. Thanks for your epic contribution to Kerbal and our playing experience.

10 hours ago, istathar said:

@Nertea just created an account here specifically so I could say thanks for all your hard work. I've only been playing KSP for ~6 months, and only recently nerved myself to install Near Future Technologies and Stockalike Station Parts. I am astonished at the quality of your mods. You are an amazing artist, and from what I've seen reading through the support threads incredibly patient with people and dedicated to your creation. It's hard when upstream changes so much requiring you to rebuild everything; software isn't always as fun as it could be, but you have made a fun game astounding.  You've said you're going to wind down soon but I'll be making a donation all the same. Thanks for your epic contribution to Kerbal and our playing experience.

Thank you.

Progress notes: 

1.4.2 Update Status Breakdown

NF Propulsion

• Finished the lithium tank redos. Update soon.

NF Electrical

• Seems mostly good now, update soon.

NF Solar

• Testing a few things, but soon.

NF Construction

• Revisions moving towards done for revised parts. New parts are about halfway there, slow going
  • Needs to match whatever rebalance happens for CryoTanks, so depends on that.  

NF Spacecraft

• Almost ready. 

NF Launch Vehicles

• Stock fairings are stupid and buggy now. Needs work to finish, not sure when I'll have time.

I can release the updated mods this weekend/early next week, or I can wait to finish NF Construction. Opinions?

18 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Thank you.

Progress notes: 

NF Propulsion

NF Electrical

NF Solar

NF Construction

• Revisions moving towards done for revised parts. New parts are about halfway there, slow going

NF Spacecraft

• Almost ready. 

NF Launch Vehicles

• Stock fairings are stupid and buggy now. Needs work to finish, not sure when I'll have time.

I can release the updated mods this weekend/early next week, or I can wait to finish NF Construction. Opinions?

I'm an impatient man, so release the updated mods as soon as they are ready and NF construction later? :P

Edited by juanml82

29 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Thank you.

Progress notes: 

NF Propulsion

NF Electrical

NF Solar

NF Construction

NF Spacecraft

• Almost ready. 

NF Launch Vehicles

I've found that most of the 'plain parts' still work fairly well - and I'm interested mostly in NFE and NFC, so whatever is best for you to get those out, I can wait for the rest.  :wink:

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

I'd just release as you finish. No point in holding out unless it makes it a pain for you in some way; you don't have to have NFC to enjoy the other mods, so no sense in waiting. Just my $0.02.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly