[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

16 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@Nertea  I can provide a log if you want, but I think these are self explanatory.

A few NFLV config file errors:

nflv-decoupler-75-1.cfg and nflv-separator-75-1.cfg, missing comma after 0.231

fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.231, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple

nflv-cargo-tube-75-1.cfg, missing comma after 0.2

fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple

I see dozens of errors from NF Solar compiling one part related to a missing texture property

[LOG 08:37:55.752] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/deploying-advanced/nfs-panel-deploying-advanced-2x20-hub-1/nfs-panel-deploying-advanced-2x20-hub-1'
[ERR 08:37:55.762] Material doesn't have a texture property '_SpecMap'
[ERR 08:37:55.762] Material doesn't have a texture property '_SpecMap'

I'll check out the first two, the latter is kinda... well, I know about it, it's a fair bit of effort to fix but it's harmless.

7 hours ago, llikooid said:

will u make lunar gateway solar arrays and power and propulsion element next update?

You can make those yourself using parts already.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:34 AM, Kwebib said:

I think I found a typo in the CTT patch for NFLV 2.0.

@PART[nflv-fueltank-adapater-5-75-1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FOR[NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
   @TechRequired = specializedFuelStorage
}
@PART[nflv-fueltank-adapater-5-75-2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FOR[NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
   @TechRequired = specializedFuelStorage
}

Those should be "nflv-fueltank-adapter-75-5-1" and "nflv-fueltank-adapter-75-5-2", respectively, correct?

Yes.

hey there, i was digging through the log after getting a frightening warning from tweakscale and i managed to find the sixteen "showstopping" parts were from nf solar. heres a a choice excerpt from the log

Spoiler

[LOG 17:18:16.313] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-blanket-1 (OKEB-500 'Titan' Blanket Photovoltaic Array).
[LOG 17:18:16.313] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-blanket-1 (OKEB-500 'Titan' Blanket Photovoltaic Array) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

now side note... i dont really know what im doing. so lets see if i can attach my log and hopefully this is the right place to post this. thanks!

ok so i dont know how to attach my log and rather than pressing backspace im typing more. so anyways let me know if you want it and if so, how to post it. thanks again!

2 hours ago, KerbalSofaProgram said:

hey there, i was digging through the log after getting a frightening warning from tweakscale and i managed to find the sixteen "showstopping" parts were from nf solar. heres a a choice excerpt from the log

Hide contents

[LOG 17:18:16.313] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on solarpanel-blanket-1 (OKEB-500 'Titan' Blanket Photovoltaic Array).
[LOG 17:18:16.313] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part solarpanel-blanket-1 (OKEB-500 'Titan' Blanket Photovoltaic Array) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

now side note... i dont really know what im doing. so lets see if i can attach my log and hopefully this is the right place to post this. thanks!

ok so i dont know how to attach my log and rather than pressing backspace im typing more. so anyways let me know if you want it and if so, how to post it. thanks again!

Suggest you post it in tweakscale forum with a note to lisias, he will troubleshoot ir . 

5 hours ago, KerbalSofaProgram said:

This topic will help you figure out how to post a log file.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, Nertea said:

Your log doesn't present any immediate suspects. Are you using the latest version of all the mods, specifically DBS and NF Electrical?

Yes latest in CKAN NFE I did not pull from github manually if that's what you're asking....  DBS?

Edited by Atlas Gaming

Running NFLV and a sizeable number of other mods (notably JNSQ, if that effects anything) on 1.8.1 and I'm getting a bug with the upper stage engine mounts.

They look absolutely fine in the editor and seem to function as intended, but upon loading into the flight scene I get this weird red cone-shaped thing appearing at the tail end of the loading screen that I can't seem to capture with a screenshot, followed by the interstages completely vanishing from existence. I used to have a problem with the whole rocket being suspended from the engine mount, but that wasn't present this time round on a test save. The thing still took off and flew about as well as something of this shape could be expected to under the power of both stages, so it seems to be a mainly visual issue.

Spoiler

xgK25E2.png

TTUyzV7.png

I've reinstalled the mod and a few others and checked all dependencies are up to date, nothing seems to have fixed it.

Here's the log:

https://mega.nz/file/wdMW0A4A#_MGfcd9jeM0O6sFDFr2jp-1uegeyJj5vOOc5sIMicRc

Edit: I should mention I installed via CKAN as with all my mods, but a manual install didn't fix anything, so I'm going to try a minimal install at some point today to see if it's conflict-related.

Edit 2: Minimal install (just the mod and dependencies) still didn't fix the issue.

Edited by GJdude

11 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Yes latest in CKAN NFE I did not pull from github manually if that's what you're asking....  DBS?

Dynamic Battery Storage.

It's generally shipped together with NF Electrical. But if you're installing via CKAN, it might not get included. As I don't use CKAN, I can't say for sure.

14 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Well, I just want to ensure you have the latest version of both mods installed. I can't reproduce this error in my current install (1.9.1, with most recent version of Near Future Electrical and Dynamic Battery Storage installed, nothing else except Restock). I have to assume at this point that there's some kind of mod interaction going on that isn't clear, especially since there are lots of non-NF related errors in your log.

To get more help, you could post:

• Your ModuleManager cache file
  • Go into the Dynamic Battery Storage folder in GameData and find this file. Change DebugMode to True, then try the game again and post your log. 

4 hours ago, GJdude said:

Running NFLV and a sizeable number of other mods (notably JNSQ, if that effects anything) on 1.8.1 and I'm getting a bug with the upper stage engine mounts.

They look absolutely fine in the editor and seem to function as intended, but upon loading into the flight scene I get this weird red cone-shaped thing appearing at the tail end of the loading screen that I can't seem to capture with a screenshot, followed by the interstages completely vanishing from existence. I used to have a problem with the whole rocket being suspended from the engine mount, but that wasn't present this time round on a test save. The thing still took off and flew about as well as something of this shape could be expected to under the power of both stages, so it seems to be a mainly visual issue.

Reveal hidden contents

xgK25E2.png

TTUyzV7.png

I've reinstalled the mod and a few others and checked all dependencies are up to date, nothing seems to have fixed it.

Here's the log:

https://mega.nz/file/wdMW0A4A#_MGfcd9jeM0O6sFDFr2jp-1uegeyJj5vOOc5sIMicRc

Edit: I should mention I installed via CKAN as with all my mods, but a manual install didn't fix anything, so I'm going to try a minimal install at some point today to see if it's conflict-related.

Edit 2: Minimal install (just the mod and dependencies) still didn't fix the issue.

Definitely don't see this kind of thing in my install. I'll check the log when I'm off work but you could try clearing your MM cache and your part database. I assume you're running the latest version of the mod and fully updated versions of all the dependencies (particularly B9PS).

On 5/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, afafsa said:

EP-50 engine plate appears to have some broken physics from most recent patch. It somehow fixes the rocket in place, as if it has infinite inertia. It broke my Saturn V design. :(

04Qw0ol.jpg

Edit: Wait, sorry, this isn't one of your parts. Hmm, need to do more digging.

You're playing 1.8.1, right?

The engine plates weight was changed in the most recent version of restock, check out my github post

The hovering is happening because the engine plate wheighs 0 or less than 0 tonns

On 5/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, Nertea said:

Definitely don't see this kind of thing in my install. I'll check the log when I'm off work but you could try clearing your MM cache and your part database. I assume you're running the latest version of the mod and fully updated versions of all the dependencies (particularly B9PS).

Everything's up to date, and even after clearing ConfigCache and ConfigSHA the issue still persists. I'm starting to think it might be something 1.8.1 related?

Edit: CKAN was lying to me about the version of B9PS I was using, and switching to the latest seems to have fixed it, but I'm still getting that strange low-poly red cone as the flight scene loads in.

22 hours ago, iGGnitE said:

You're playing 1.8.1, right?

The engine plates weight was changed in the most recent version of restock, check out my github post

The hovering is happening because the engine plate wheighs 0 or less than 0 tonns

I'm getting this on 1.8.1 too, and I don't even have Making History, so it definitely affects the ReStock+ plates - at least that's what Janitor's Closet says they're from on my end.

Edited by GJdude

@Nertea just added the antenna feeds part of NFX back in (it was previously conflicting with another mod but I've stopped using that now) and I'm getting an issue with ExtendedAntennaProgression relay dishes all having the same range.

The parts in question are effectively clones of the 88-88 antenna but rescaled and act as extremely powerful relays, but I think being copies of the 88-88 is causing the NFX antenna feeds patch to treat them all as 88-88s and give them the same range (even though the largest ones should have ranges in the tens of light-years!). I suspect the order of the patches may be to blame and will experiment with this to see if I can fix it.

Hi Nert, I'm just now noticing that in the research screen, all NFX parts are copied many times. Doesn't seem to have any effect on anything and the parts seem to work as intended, but it makes finding things in the R&D a bit difficult. Any idea what causes this? I assume I did something wrong, as NFX is the only one I haven't installed via CKAN. Using mod version 1.0.6 in KSP 1.8.1.

Edited by RyGuy_McFly

On 5/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, RyGuy_McFly said:

Hi Nert, I'm just now noticing that in the research screen, all NFX parts are copied many times. Doesn't seem to have any effect on anything and the parts seem to work as intended, but it makes finding things in the R&D a bit difficult. Any idea what causes this? I assume I did something wrong, as NFX is the only one I haven't installed via CKAN. Using mod version 1.0.6 in KSP 1.8.1.

If you installed a different tech tree halfway through a career game this may happen.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:57 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

The parts in question are effectively clones of the 88-88 antenna but rescaled and act as extremely powerful relays, but I think being copies of the 88-88 is causing the NFX antenna feeds patch to treat them all as 88-88s and give them the same range (even though the largest ones should have ranges in the tens of light-years!). I suspect the order of the patches may be to blame and will experiment with this to see if I can fix it.

If the mod in question copies the stock relay after NFX  I'd expect that, so yeah, but with a name like ExtendedAntennaProgression I'd expect it to run before NFX. 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:11 AM, GJdude said:

Cool, yeah that just happens sometimes. I think it's related to drag cube rendering or something and seems harmless. 

Sorry to bother you, but I recently installed Near Future Spacecraft and noticed the Kerbal portraits on the Mk3-9 "Rhea" pod seem to be blocked by something.

I quickly created a new copy of KSP and installed only this mod and its dependencies, launched a craft that's only the pod and a launch clamp to prevent wiggling, and it's still there. Image in a spoiler to prevent cluttering.

Spoiler

URCCC6e.png

I think someone installed the cameras behind a control panel.

Nothing seems amiss from the internal view or interior overlay. I apologise if this has been reported somewhere else, I couldn't find it from a quick search of this topic. I'm using KSP 1.9.1 and version 1.3.1 of the mod, x64 and on Windows 10. If you need it, the log (Player.log) should be viewable here.

Edited by RyanRising
added OS information

On 5/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, RyanRising said:

Sorry to bother you, but I recently installed Near Future Spacecraft and noticed the Kerbal portraits on the Mk3-9 "Rhea" pod seem to be blocked by something.

I quickly created a new copy of KSP and installed only this mod and its dependencies, launched a craft that's only the pod and a launch clamp to prevent wiggling, and it's still there. Image in a spoiler to prevent cluttering.

Reveal hidden contents

URCCC6e.png

I think someone installed the cameras behind a control panel.

Nothing seems amiss from the internal view or interior overlay. I apologise if this has been reported somewhere else, I couldn't find it from a quick search of this topic. I'm using KSP 1.9.1 and version 1.3.1 of the mod, x64 and on Windows 10. If you need it, the log (Player.log) should be viewable here.

I'll look at it next time I'm looking at that mod. Maybe squad changed the baseline camera position again. Please make a Github issue.

Here are some updates:

NF Electrical 1.1.2

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.16.0
  • Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.1.6
  • Updated USI compatibility patch

NF Solar 1.2.2

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.16.0
  • Updated Chinese translation (tinygrox)
  • Enumerated all panel objects on Hub panels, reducing warnings in the log

NF Launch Vehicles 2.0.2

• Fixed some localization issues
  • Fixed FX specification lines of 5/7.5m decouplers
  • Fixed CTT location of 7.5m adapters

NF Exploration 1.0.7

• Updated bundled B9PartSwitch to 2.16.0
  • RemoteTech compatiblity! (thanks TaxiService!)
  • Chinese localization (tinygrox)
  • Fixed an issue with the tiny tiny tank that had negative mass when loaded with LH2
Edited by Nertea

@Nertea found a bug with the NFLV ER-U2 cluster mount, I'll explain it in Gherkin syntax since I don't have time to do screenshots.

GIVEN I set the ER-U2's outer mounts to 8

AND I set the inner mounts to 4

WHEN I attempt to add a part to the inner mounts with symmetry on

THEN the part symmetry matches the outer mounts (8-fold symmetry in this case)

AND the part cannot be attached

This happens with every combination of outer and inner nodes and also affects the 'floating' node in the middle (not the attachment node at the base of the interstage). Symmetry for those nodes is coming from the number of outer mounts. The parts are in the right places over the inner mount points, just with extras superimposed to make up the numbers.

@Nertea

A craft in orbit spams NREs, its a combination of USI/habtech2 and procedural battery parts:

[ERR 08:57:36.982] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[ERR 08:57:37.025] Module DischargeCapacitor threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.get_CurrentCharge () [0x00025] in <989fb22680e84dbba0703c76fe6eb41a>:0 
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00204] in <989fb22680e84dbba0703c76fe6eb41a>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x000bd] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

Makes the game unplayable because of NRE spamming, linux version even crashes after this NRE:

[ERR 17:47:07.565] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[ERR 17:47:07.599] Module DischargeCapacitor threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.get_CurrentCharge () [0x00025] in <989fb22680e84dbba0703c76fe6eb41a>:0 
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00204] in <989fb22680e84dbba0703c76fe6eb41a>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x000bd] in <ac04291822974a138f007b85091a10d0>:0 

think this was after the latest update, but I am not sure, I have been debugging another issue and haven't loaded that craft much. For some time I had no issue with this orbital station, I am not exactly sure when this behaviour was introduced. :confused:

Logs and craft file can be found here: https://yadi.sk/d/6ZHe68IqSAmTrw

Made a github issue.

Edited by hendrack

Excuse a dummy with a dummy question, but I was just trying to see if I understood antennae/reflectors so I quickly made this ugly thing and was wondering why this combination doesn't seem to work:

BCfCkfk.png

With my other things, the rendered path is blue. 

Hi all,

With NF Exploration 1.0.7 supporting RemoteTech, I am requesting your assistance to look over the proposed RemoteTech configs (dev build) for all the NFE antennas.

The main issue is there are so many NFE antennas that I can't unilaterally push RT-NFE configs without your feedback on how these antennas should be supported by RemoteTech.

Please take a look at the spreadsheet of NFE antenna properties (yellow color).

zM0PNYf.png

Spreadsheet link

Thanks!

Edited by TaxiService