[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm having a minor issue with the 3-9 Rhea pod IVA; it seems to mostly work, but the two displays in front of the pilot POVs have a couple broken features. The Home screen shows A-> Vessel View, B-> DPAI, C->Astrogator, but the A/B/C buttons do not appear to work. Additionally the CAM. EXT numbered buttons don't seem to show anything, but I can get camera views to function properly on the screen in the space between the two pilots. Other than that, pretty much all the IVA components seem to function as expected. I also see mention of

"SET DISPLAY MODE AS PER CHECKLIST
CHECK MODE BEFORE TAKEOFF"

on the home page, but I'm not clear on what this means. Other than that, great work on the IVA!

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, Nertea said:

Q: CKAN Support Questions?
A: Talk to CKAN folks, CKAN is not supported. This is because KerbalActuators, a dependency of this mod, is specifically NOT listed on CKAN

Hi, KerbalActuators was added to CKAN in May 2020:

And Near Future Aeronautics (the mod with this annotation in the OP) was added in August 2020:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Psykikk said:

late to the party but are trusses / connectors working ? CKAN tells me NFConstruction is compatible to 1.11.9 only ? will it work anyways ? 
thanks in advance

They should work just fine. Functionally the parts are relatively basic but provide a lot of structural options.

On 12/19/2022 at 6:54 AM, Psykikk said:

late to the party but are trusses / connectors working ? CKAN tells me NFConstruction is compatible to 1.11.9 only ? will it work anyways ? 
thanks in advance

Works fine. But the dockingports do not come with rotational capabilities.... Nothing to worry about. 

I've got an issue with the "OKEB-25R 'Starship' Blanket Photovoltaic Array" not animating correctly,

It currently doesn't fold the panel part away correctly, which sticks out of the shroud when it is retracted.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

On 12/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, RB101 said:

I've got an issue with the "OKEB-25R 'Starship' Blanket Photovoltaic Array" not animating correctly,

It currently doesn't fold the panel part away correctly, which sticks out of the shroud when it is retracted.

Same issue, for more than one retractable solar part from this mod

On 12/23/2022 at 12:58 AM, RB101 said:

Had the same issue since forever, reported it in the thread, even got a response from Nertea. The advice was to up the graphics settings, I never tried it, because I did run a lot of mods and it wasn't worth it. I don't believe you can fix it in any other ways, it is not a mod conflict. Do you also have a similar issue with ReStock antennaes?

So is the panel sticking out purely a graphical cosmetic thing with no effect on aerodynamic heating of the panels? I've been avoiding the affected parts for heating reasons.  How they appear during launch is no big deal as once I deploy them they tend to stay deployed and only retracted for some docking and EVA activity

22 hours ago, darthgently said:

So is the panel sticking out purely a graphical cosmetic thing with no effect on aerodynamic heating of the panels? I've been avoiding the affected parts for heating reasons.  How they appear during launch is no big deal as once I deploy them they tend to stay deployed and only retracted for some docking and EVA activity

Yes, it's a purely cosmetic glitch with no effect on heating or aerodynamics. At least if we're talking about the same thing - https://imgur.com/gallery/gSuonBZ 

3 hours ago, zhang jiaxiangyu said:

Do these mods revise the config of the LV-N Nucelar Engine.I installed these mods and Kerbal Atomics,and I found the LV-N engine needs uranium.I want to know which mod did this and how to change it into stock.

As far as I know the installation of Kerbal Atomics (by Nertea) modifies the LV-N Nerva. There is a patch in the mod folder, that does that. Just delete/rename the patch and you have the stock properties of the part back.

Keep an eye open for a cfg-file with LVN or nerva or stock in the filename.

Edited by Rakete

So I downloaded the game through Epic Games today, and I'm going to install some mods...and some of the mods aren't supported with 1.12.4.  In particular, B9 Part Switch, which is required for Near Future Tech.  Now, I can potentially override that in CKAN, but should I have to?  I know this isn't the thread for B9, but I want to ask the users in this thread what they have done in the past when B9 doesn't work/isn't compatible?

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

So I downloaded the game through Epic Games today, and I'm going to install some mods...and some of the mods aren't supported with 1.12.4.  In particular, B9 Part Switch, which is required for Near Future Tech.  Now, I can potentially override that in CKAN, but should I have to?  I know this isn't the thread for B9, but I want to ask the users in this thread what they have done in the past when B9 doesn't work/isn't compatible?

B9 is compatible with 1.12.4, you need to set the CKAN supported versions (title bar > Settings > Compatible Game Versions > check 1.12). This will make mods marked as "incompatible" for 1.12.4 available (B9PartSwitch is marked as compatible with max 1.12.3).

On 12/22/2022 at 11:58 PM, RB101 said:

On 12/28/2022 at 5:03 PM, NiL said:

Yes, it's a purely cosmetic glitch with no effect on heating or aerodynamics. At least if we're talking about the same thing - https://imgur.com/gallery/gSuonBZ 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, darthgently said:

Did a test to the Starship blanket photovoltaic array - I can't reproduce the issue.

If you want @Nertea to help (if he still does this; he has retired from Modding KSP1), please provide screenshots, logs, youur complete mod list and a craftfile for him to reproduce it. Otherwise, he simply can't track down the issue in a reasonable amount of time. Always be kind to your modders of choice ;-)

Edited by Rakete

• 4 weeks later...

@Nertea

Is there any chance we could have a feature added that allows us to control the recharge rate of capacitors, the same way we can control their discharge rate please?

The static recharge rate is often enough to overwhelm smaller craft power generation, making capacitors un-suitable on small sized craft

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:58 PM, csunday95 said:

Hello All,

I'm having a minor issue with the 3-9 Rhea pod IVA; it seems to mostly work, but the two displays in front of the pilot POVs have a couple broken features. The Home screen shows A-> Vessel View, B-> DPAI, C->Astrogator, but the A/B/C buttons do not appear to work. Additionally the CAM. EXT numbered buttons don't seem to show anything, but I can get camera views to function properly on the screen in the space between the two pilots. Other than that, pretty much all the IVA components seem to function as expected. I also see mention of

"SET DISPLAY MODE AS PER CHECKLIST
CHECK MODE BEFORE TAKEOFF"

on the home page, but I'm not clear on what this means. Other than that, great work on the IVA!

The RPM config files don't have pages defined for the A/B/C buttons.  I've just made a pull request to add them, but Nertea's busy working on KSP 2 so it may be a while before it gets addressed.  In the meantime, you can copy this patch into your GameData folder to enable them!

EDIT: Be sure to update DPAI to version 6.11 or later, so it can handle NFP's different button layout.

Spoiler

@PROP[NF_RPM_CNSL_MFD_Bezels]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
    {
        @screenWidth = 46
        @screenHeight = 25
    }
}

@PROP[NF_RPM_CNSL_MFD_Large]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]:FINAL
{
    {
        @screenWidth = 50
        @screenHeight = 20
    }
}

@PROP[NF_RPM_CNSL_MFD_Bezels,NF_RPM_CNSL_MFD_Large]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]:FINAL
{
    {
        PAGE
        {
            name = vesselView
            button = Btn_Rect2_A_01
            textureInterlayURL = NearFutureProps/Props/RPM/generalBg01
            text = $$$VesselView software not installed.
            localMargins = 0,0,0,3
            PAGEHANDLER:NEEDS[VesselView]
            {
                name = InternalVesselView
                method = ShowMenu
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
                buttonUp = 2
                buttonDown = 3
                buttonEnter = 4
                buttonEsc = 5
                buttonHome = 0
                pageTitle =.
                multiHandler = true
            }
            BACKGROUNDHANDLER:NEEDS[VesselView]
            {
                name = InternalVesselView
                method = RenderViewer
                pageActiveMethod = PageActive
                multiHandler = true
            }
        }

PAGE
        {
            name = DPAI    
            button = Btn_Rect2_B_01
            text = DPAI software not installed.

PAGEHANDLER:NEEDS[DPAI_RPM]
            {
                name = DPAI_RPM
                method = getPageText
                buttonUp = 2
                buttonDown = 3
                buttonHome = 4
                buttonLeft = 5
                buttonNext = 1
                buttonPrev = 0
                multiHandler = true
            }

BACKGROUNDHANDLER:NEEDS[DPAI_RPM]
            {
                name = DPAI_RPM
                method = DrawDPAI
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
                pageActiveMethod = pageActiveMethod
                multiHandler = true
            }
        }

PAGE
        {
            name = astrogator
            button = Btn_Rect2_C_01
            localMargins = 0,1,2,1
            text = Astrogator software not installed.
            PAGEHANDLER:NEEDS[Astrogator]
            {
                name = AstrogatorMenu
                method = ShowMenu
                buttonUp = 2
                buttonDown = 3
                buttonEnter = 4
                buttonEsc = 5
                buttonHome = 6
                buttonRight = 1
                buttonLeft = 0
                pageActiveMethod = PageActive
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonClick
                buttonReleaseMethod = ButtonRelease
                pageTitle = Astrogator
            }
            textureURL = NearFutureProps/Props/RPM/generalBg01
        }
    }
}

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
DPAI has updated

• 2 weeks later...

I might be crazy, but is it an intentional feature that Cryogenic Engines changes some of the stock engines to use LH2/CH4 instead of LFO? I've noticed that some stock engines, like the Vector and Mammoth, retain the title "Liquid Fuel Engine," but use LH2 and have correspondingly updated ISP and thrust. Is the LFO patch supposed to prevent this, or does that get rid of the new fuel types for all engines in the mod? Or is there some other mod that might be conflicting?

@HeliosPh0enix it depends on how you installed the mod. By default it won't touch those engines, but if you installed the optional CryoEnginesRestock patch and you also are using Restock then those engines will get patched to use LH2/CH4. The optional CryoEnginesLFO patch goes the other way and makes all the new cryo engines use LFO.

The Restock patch does not change the actual engine names (probably since they are originally localized and to change them all consistently would be somewhat of a pain) so the effect is a bit jarring as you noticed.