[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

56 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Well, it seems like you're running the optional extra NF Electrical / Kerbal Atomics integration patch. Which, last I checked, was a big work-in-progress. It may or may not work as intended.

If you're looking for consistent behavior, it may be better to just use the engines without the optional patch.

OK.

Very limited testing, but I tried the new 7.5m engine plate (with the Osprey 2.5m engines) and my ship got seriously wobbly. I think something is not thrusting in the right direction. (But it could be the ship design. The thrust direction looks OK as projected in the VAB.)

(With some more testing, the instability only happened when I had MechJeb trying to hold the heading. When I had the stock SAS trying to hold it instead, it worked OK. So I think the problem is not related to the new engines or engine mount plate per se.)

Edited by mikegarrison

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

@mikegarrison, @AmpCat, I answered your questions in the KA thread. 

@Nertea Thanks! I replied there.

Also, on the subject of cost, I was putting together a launcher for a small orbital station, costing a total of 350k or so. I decided to try one of the new multi-engine adapters (NR-M4, I'm pretty sure that's NFLV), since I'm using 5m parts. Well, just the adapter is 200k, or like, 60% of the whole rest of the space-station and launch vehicle. I noticed this with a couple other new adapters as well. Again, seems a bit off to me.

Wish I had a good 3.75m adapter like these, too!

3 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Awesome! I inadvertently spent all my money and was reeeeal tight on cash for this launch.

Was there a multi-engine staging adapter for 3.75m? I've surface attached engines, but struggle with making properly staging multi-engine mounts, without having a part that's actually a multi-engine mount. Maybe I just suck at building rockets.

@Nertea Okay, another small thing I noticed:

KFgLcDN.png

I have real plume installed, and I thought it noted that you did the plumes for your engines. And I think this engine is in NFLV. Anyway, notice the little tiny inner plume wedge. They point sideways.

Hey Nertea, could you consider adding a 2.5->3.75 fuel tank transition piece to go along with your larger ones? This is missing from stock, which only has the empty structural cone for that size. (Yes, there are other mods that provide them, but they also include lots of parts that are redundant with your parts.)

On 10/07/2017 at 6:14 PM, HoveringKiller said:

Game loads without it completly fine. I may just delete the folder that the decouples are in, as NF launch vehicles now provides that option. I mainly want spacey for the 3.75m docking port and SRB variety. Do you happen to know by chance if the 5m spacey port and the 5m port from nertea are compatable? If not no biggy, just curious haha.

The SpaceY 5m port is defined, in ModuleDockingNode as NodeType = size4, and the 5m Port in the NF Launchers set has the same definitions. The physical shape of the port might matter, and one might, I suppose, need a tweak of the node position, but I would expect them to work.

59 minutes ago, Wolf Baginski said:

The SpaceY 5m port is defined, in ModuleDockingNode as NodeType = size4, and the 5m Port in the NF Launchers set has the same definitions. The physical shape of the port might matter, and one might, I suppose, need a tweak of the node position, but I would expect them to work.

I will try it then haha. Thanks!

14 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

Hey Nertea, could you consider adding a 2.5->3.75 fuel tank transition piece to go along with your larger ones? This is missing from stock, which only has the empty structural cone for that size. (Yes, there are other mods that provide them, but they also include lots of parts that are redundant with your parts.)

Use the Mk 3-3.75 adapter with a Mk 3-2.5 meter to fix temporarily.

@Nertea Where is Mk 4 Spaceplanes for 1.3?

7 minutes ago, Angstinator said:

Could it be that ducted fan engines are not working on Jool?

Not the right mod thread and Mk4 is not updated.

13 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Also can we have a replacement patch folder for NFE that removes the M2x And M3x Nuclear thermal turbojet patch that replaces they needing just air with just LH2 as it defeats the purpose of the NTTJs

This is confusing and also in the wrong thread.

27 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Use the Mk 3-3.75 adapter with a Mk 3-2.5 meter to fix temporarily.

@Nertea Where is Mk 4 Spaceplanes for 1.3?

Perhaps you should go to the Mk4 thread and read my post. 

17 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Your Patches take the Mk2 and Mk3 Expansions' Nuclear Thermal Turbojet so instead of running on air they run on LH2, can you remove this mechanic?

Are you sure there isn't something else doing this? There is no bespoke patch in Kerbal Atomics that does this, and the dynamic patch explicitly only affects LiquidFuel. Pinging @toric5 to see if he has any insight whether the dynamic patch would misbehave in said situations.

6 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Nothing else has Nuclear engines, I believe others have also had the same problem. Just don't want to mess with the patch folders.

The thing you linked to says the following:

1. The patch file is *in* Mk2 expansion, and I did not write it.
  2. It does not deal with LH2, it's an NFE integration patch
  3. It is known to be broken

So uh, that still doesn't help me.

NF Electrical 0.9.4

Mostly for KA compatibility, but I bumped some dependency versions and fixed a tiny bug.

•  Updated B9PartSwitch to 1.9.0
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 2.8.1
  •  Fixed low cost of B-800 radial battery pack
  •  Improvements to NFE/KA integration
  •  Tweak a few localization fields

NF Launch Vehicles 1.0.2

Number of minor fixes.

• Fixed cost of 5m docking port
  •  Fixed cost of all cluster adapters
  •  Moved flat 5m -> 3.75m adapter to Structural category
  •  Fixed RE-4 strange floating engine effect
  •  Fixed RE-4 engine FX offset being very large
  •  Fixed S6-V engine smoke FX direction
  •  Fixed S1-V engine lack of smoke in atmosphere
  •  Fixed a couple of exceptions on engine startup

55 minutes ago, Kiwi Kerman said:

Hey Nertea i hope you havent forgotten about the mkIV spaceplane system!

i would just love it if you could update it plz. btw im a fan of how you update regularly and i love your mods! i hate to see the MkIV go to waste.

I'm glad you appreciate it but please check the thread! I have recently posted this:

And this:

I've made it clear that I haven't forgotten and that I'm still working on it.