[1.3+] Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [retired]

Nertea

Been posting these over on Nertea's "Near Future Technologies" page, but since now we're including Stockalike Station Parts in our station, i felt I should post it here too.  Me and RaiderMan want to see just how big of a (functional) station we could build before the game executes Attack Pattern Suicide :P

@Nertea, the new parts look great. At the risk of sounding greedy and ungrateful, is there any possibility that we could get texture-switching? I often find myself trying to match the parts with darker parts (Ven's stock revamp) or lighter parts (Habtech/Cx), and having a couple shades would be nice. I would do it in Photoshop if I had the full-res textures, but I wonder if this would be something of broader interest.

55 minutes ago, larkvi said:

@Nertea, the new parts look great. At the risk of sounding greedy and ungrateful, is there any possibility that we could get texture-switching? I often find myself trying to match the parts with darker parts (Ven's stock revamp) or lighter parts (Habtech/Cx), and having a couple shades would be nice. I would do it in Photoshop if I had the full-res textures, but I wonder if this would be something of broader interest.

Certainly not happening - 85% of the work of these parts are in the textures, so that'd at least double or triple the amount of work I have to do.

18 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

@Nertea first and foremost, awesome work as usual.  I truly mean that. :) Please forgive my ignorance, but are those cabinet-looking compartments on the airlock part functional in some way, like a science container?  I'm just speculating of course, but I'm curious because you have such attention to detail.

I noticed that most airlocks have some external toolboxes around them, so I added them in. That's all really.. I expect KAS storage could be a thing.

12 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Certainly not happening - 85% of the work of these parts are in the textures, so that'd at least double or triple the amount of work I have to do.

I noticed that most airlocks have some external toolboxes around them, so I added them in. That's all really.. I expect KAS storage could be a thing.

Science storage sounds cool as the default behavior tho!

Time for more station building, and including some of the larger 3.75 meter parts, like that awesome 8-sided Cupola module.

I apologize for the low quality.  I will try to export at 720p next time, as opposed to the current 480p.  I just hope I can navigate the settings without breaking something, LOL

Quick question before I ship out this station I'm trying to start.

poNR5KPrp

So, at the bottom of this PPD-2 can, I can see a hatch. Now, I'm sure that means I can pass Kerbals through it, but can I dock to this with these stockalike parts, later? Or should I attach a clamp-o-tron to dock more modules?

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson
Typos

Some very belated praise: the new stuff you're showing here is looking absolutely phenomenal, and I can't wait to build with it. One piece in particular that I've always felt your range, and the KSP stock/stockalike parts range was lacking is what you're calling the PTD-C Compact Adapter. Always felt like there was a general lack of any kind of 1.25m end cap piece, and I've had to make do with one from B9. Now, however, that'll no longer be as necessary, at least for sections intended to represent a crewed environment. Even for non-crewed I'm sure something can be stuck on the end to cover up that window. Again, some stellar modeling and texture work. <3

Edited by Bomoo

@Nertea Amazing work on the new parts.  I think they look even better than the originals.  I particularly like the new hatches.

While playing around with the new parts I noticed a minor issue with the new crew tubes.  The end caps on the PTD-1 and PTD-2 crew tubes aren't quite flush with the tube bodies, and you can see through the part at both ends.

I thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware of it.

Jeb: yeah thatso new station parts are cool

Bill: yah at least you can now expanding the station if you want.. Look at all the science areas I have now!

Bill: Though, it would be nice if we had somewhere to sleep, and well, to do our business

Bob: There's still one thing missing thugh, and that is a place werhe we can nap out.. or sleep, or "Do our business..."

Jeb: "Do our business?"

Bob: yeah I mean don't you wish you could get into that nice Shower closet we have here on Kerbin and shower off after a nice long day after an EVA? After all I doubt the Kerin Space Agency wants to pay for our smelly suits to have them dry cleaned..

Bill: Yeah I'm on par with that Bob>, After all I hate sitting in that PPD 10 pod and I cant lay down.. I mean Look at those boys at CX Aerospace, They got the Right idea..

Bob: yeah, and let's not forget those fellows from the Eastern Kerbal Union, what was that one Contractor? Dum Bum Industries?

Bill: yeah those ar ethe gus.. They have such Roomie Sleeping quarters, and well all those nice amenities..

*Jeb Begins to think..*

"Maybe.. It's time to up the ante, and get some of those things into our space program

Bill and Bob nod their heads in agreement..

(Yep that's all those stock alikes need some playce to go sleep and maybe a small interior which has some sort of Shower closet  (Just do a search for ISS Bathroom and you'll see what I mean.

Space_Coyote

On 9/13/2017 at 9:31 PM, Skystorm said:

@Nertea Amazing work on the new parts.  I think they look even better than the originals.  I particularly like the new hatches.

While playing around with the new parts I noticed a minor issue with the new crew tubes.  The end caps on the PTD-1 and PTD-2 crew tubes aren't quite flush with the tube bodies, and you can see through the part at both ends.

I thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware of it.

If you're digging in the dev repo, be aware that I haven't done final QC in anything at all.

18 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

Jeb: yeah thatso new station parts are cool

Bill: yah at least you can now expanding the station if you want.. Look at all the science areas I have now!

Bill: Though, it would be nice if we had somewhere to sleep, and well, to do our business

Bob: There's still one thing missing thugh, and that is a place werhe we can nap out.. or sleep, or "Do our business..."

Jeb: "Do our business?"

Bob: yeah I mean don't you wish you could get into that nice Shower closet we have here on Kerbin and shower off after a nice long day after an EVA? After all I doubt the Kerin Space Agency wants to pay for our smelly suits to have them dry cleaned..

Bill: Yeah I'm on par with that Bob>, After all I hate sitting in that PPD 10 pod and I cant lay down.. I mean Look at those boys at CX Aerospace, They got the Right idea..

Bob: yeah, and let's not forget those fellows from the Eastern Kerbal Union, what was that one Contractor? Dum Bum Industries?

Bill: yeah those ar ethe gus.. They have such Roomie Sleeping quarters, and well all those nice amenities..

*Jeb Begins to think..*

"Maybe.. It's time to up the ante, and get some of those things into our space program

Bill and Bob nod their heads in agreement..

(Yep that's all those stock alikes need some playce to go sleep and maybe a small interior which has some sort of Shower closet  (Just do a search for ISS Bathroom and you'll see what I mean.

Space_Coyote

I don't know what this means.

Will you also rework the textures of your near future construction crew tubes to fit the new design? If so, will that break already launched stations, or will it be backwards compatible (including surface attached lights e.g.)?

PS: Any chance we'll see a octogonal truss structure with 2.5m pressurised crew tube inside?

Edited by KSPanier

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

The next one?

Quote from Nertea back on page 5 (I'd suggest just reading the last ~4 pages):

Ok, I'll provide that eventually. Mostly things are just multiples of hitchiker lengths, so that's fairly simple. Eg. all the short parts are 1x hitchiker, all the long are 2x hitchiker, with some exceptions

So important note: This version of SSPX will actually be a completely different project/path. This is to be nice to people who want to upgrade, as literally nothing will survive unchanged. This means that SSPX is only being maintained up 1.3.1 now. You can follow its development in the new git project I created.

In addition, I have finalized the 2.5m parts list. This is fairly ambitious.

• -snip-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.