[1.3+] Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [retired]

Nertea

Let's preview the 1.25m centrifuges!

First, the "compact" model. It's cramped with a tube diameter only slightly higher than a Kerbal, with a ring diameter of 5m when spinning. I've tuned the spin rate for a minimal 0.1g at a reasonable RPM.

Se225pu.png

However, when contracted, it has a footprint of less than 3.75m, and should fit in a shuttle cargo bay, which is handy.

UFtA3fj.png

The larger 1.25m model has been shown before, however it has been improved since then. It's 8m when expanded with a larger tube width for more comfort and fixtures. Tuned for 0.25g at a sane RPM.

Yna5MsY.png

When compacted, its size is something like 4.5m, so it could fit in an expanded 3.75m fairing, or is a great use case for NFLV ;). 

OujFnmr.png

I do believe that wraps up the 1.25m parts. Tune in next week for some 2.5m part previews...

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

First, the "compact" model. It's cramped with a tube diameter only slightly higher than a Kerbal, with a ring diameter of 5m when spinning. I've tuned the spin rate for a minimal 0.1g at a reasonable RPM.

Se225pu.png

However, when contracted, it has a footprint of less than 3.75m, and should fit in a shuttle cargo bay, which is handy.

UFtA3fj.png

I have to admit, when I imagine that ring expanding/shrinking, it makes me think of these:

:wink:

17 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Do you think the centrifuges make that crinkly-popping noise?

Maybe, but in space, no one can hear you crinkle.

@Nertea, more seriously, though: the new parts look great.  I'm looking forward to using them.  :)

BTW, MKS also has an expandable rotating hab ring, and it costs a bunch of MaterialKits to deploy (representing "kitting out" the interior with furniture and stuff).  I'm hoping the SSPX rings can have similar requirements when using MKS.  I'm guessing that an integration patch can probably just swap out your ModuleDeployableCentrifuge for USIAnimation to get the MKS deployment-cost mechanics, though at the cost of losing the fancy counterweight animation and gradual spin-up (if I'm understanding what I see in the .cfg correctly).  I'll give it a try at some point to see if it works.

Edited by Wyzard

1 hour ago, Wyzard said:

BTW, MKS also has an expandable rotating hab ring, and it costs a bunch of MaterialKits to deploy (representing "kitting out" the interior with furniture and stuff).  I'm hoping the SSPX rings can have similar requirements when using MKS.  I'm guessing that an integration patch can probably just swap out your ModuleDeployableCentrifuge for USIAnimation to get the MKS deployment-cost mechanics, though at the cost of losing the fancy counterweight animation and gradual spin-up (if I'm understanding what I see in the .cfg correctly).  I'll give it a try at some point to see if it works.

Would it be possible/easier to just patch in an MaterialKits cost to the existing animation?

2 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Maybe, but in space, no one can hear you crinkle.

@Nertea, more seriously, though: the new parts look great.  I'm looking forward to using them.  :)

Yeah there are three things that need to get added to the plugin: support for using resources to expand, support for one-shot deployment and support for auto-disabling/enabling typical life support components (almost all based off BaseConverter, so easy).

I'd rather keep the graphical fidelity of my plugin and just upgrade it with similar functionality.

47 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I'd rather keep the graphical fidelity of my plugin and just upgrade it with similar functionality.

Makes sense, and I'd like that too — I just figured it wouldn't be appropriate to ask you to implement features in your plugin that are only relevant to other mods' mechanics.  The swapping out animation modules idea is sort of an 80% solution that'd handle the USI thing with less burden on you.  But if you're planning on adding support for deployment resource costs, that's awesome.  :)

Ok gents. 

Last update for SSPX Legacy.  I'll fix major bugs but won't fix minor bugs, update it to KSP 1.4 or add new content.

SSPX 0.5.2

• KSP 1.3.1
  • Final update
  •  Updated NFProps to 0.2.0
    •  Better in every way

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Last update for SSPX Legacy.  I'll fix major bugs but won't fix minor bugs, update it to KSP 1.4 or add new content.

I understand why, but still gives me a sad because it's long been one of my favorite parts packs.

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

Ok gents. 

SSPX 0.5.2

• KSP 1.3.1
  • Final update
    •  Better in every way

New thread when?

14 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

I understand why, but still gives me a sad because it's long been one of my favorite parts packs.

From everything I've seen that Nertea has been teasing the new SSPX is going to be even better than the existing one.  I for one am waiting as patiently as I can for it to be released so I can play around with it :)

17 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

When you trade in the tired old truck for the shiny new truck, you still give the old truck one long look goodbye. Yeah, I get it.

Just dropping by to express my support of this mod. Seriously, this stuff is really useful!

On 25 October 2017 at 3:22 AM, Nertea said:

Se225pu.png

UFtA3fj.png

The larger 1.25m model has been shown before, however it has been improved since then. It's 8m when expanded with a larger tube width for more comfort and fixtures. Tuned for 0.25g at a sane RPM.

Yna5MsY.png

When compacted, its size is something like 4.5m, so it could fit in an expanded 3.75m fairing, or is a great use case for NFLV ;). 

OujFnmr.png

I do believe that wraps up the 1.25m parts. Tune in next week for some 2.5m part previews...

Oh, wow. I like it! Would it be too much to ask for a centrifuge with a 3.75m or 5m "core" diameter?

On 10/27/2017 at 11:05 AM, Nertea said:

Ok gents. 

SSPX 0.5.2

• KSP 1.3.1
  • Final update
    •  Better in every way

Thanks for all the work! love the new parts. Does the new pack reuse part names from the legacy SSPX 0.5.2 pack or would I be able to have both loaded?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.