[1.3+] Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [retired]

Nertea

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for all the work! love the new parts. Does the new pack reuse part names from the legacy SSPX 0.5.2 pack or would I be able to have both loaded?

I think it's been stated a couple times that they won't conflict, just that going forward, there won't be any more support for SSPX once the version starts to mismatch.

17 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

I think it's been stated a couple times that they won't conflict, just that going forward, there won't be any more support for SSPX once the version starts to mismatch.

Thanks, I read back through the thread but missed that. Appreciate the clarification

On 8/15/2017 at 12:19 PM, Nertea said:

Ok, I'll provide that eventually. Mostly things are just multiples of hitchiker lengths, so that's fairly simple. Eg. all the short parts are 1x hitchiker, all the long are 2x hitchiker, with some exceptions

So important note: This version of SSPX will actually be a completely different project/path. This is to be nice to people who want to upgrade, as literally nothing will survive unchanged. This means that SSPX is only being maintained up 1.3.1 now. You can follow its development in the new git project I created.

In addition, I have finalized the 2.5m parts list. This is fairly ambitious.

• -snip-

It's from back on page 4 or 5, the discussion exploded in the last couple months.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:26 AM, Tyko said:

Thanks for all the work! love the new parts. Does the new pack reuse part names from the legacy SSPX 0.5.2 pack or would I be able to have both loaded?

No names are re-used - they are completely separate and can exist in parallel with no issues. 

On 10/29/2017 at 12:20 AM, Nergal8617 said:

From everything I've seen that Nertea has been teasing the new SSPX is going to be even better than the existing one.  I for one am waiting as patiently as I can for it to be released so I can play around with it :)

Definitely. Am in the midst of designing a new fueling station, and am just hanging out for the new parts. Should be good.

@Nertea, I know you're still well in development. I've been updating the SSPX Redux as you post commits, giving it a spin. Is there some point where you'd like to start getting feedback, bug reports, etc.? I know it's not yet, but I'd be happy to post Github issues when you think it's mature enough to start putting it through some paces. Happy modeling! Your stuff looks awesome already (or rather, as usual :wink: ).

Edited by danfarnsy

23 minutes ago, Messernacht said:

Am I correct in thinking that the centrifuges and such will be added into SSPX as opposed to SSPE?

Yes, they will be in the new Station Parts Expansion which has not yet been released.  It's still in development and Nertea enjoys teasing us with awesome pictures of new and redone parts :sticktongue:

Now I wonder how the aquaculture module would be balanced for life support mods.

I'm playing with USI-LS. I guess being high-efficiency recycler would be nice. Since making it similar to greenhouse would yield too low supplies for Kerbals. It supposes to be a supplement to all the kales that they eat.

I'm currently writing a USI-LS patch for the new SSPX. I can help you with that if you need to.

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Now I wonder how the aquaculture module would be balanced for life support mods.

I'm playing with USI-LS. I guess being high-efficiency recycler would be nice. Since making it similar to greenhouse would yield too low supplies for Kerbals. It supposes to be a supplement to all the kales that they eat.

I'm currently writing a USI-LS patch for the new SSPX. I can help you with that if you need to.

Been playing with the new SSPX as well, I just adapted the old USI LS patch for my purposes. One just needs to change the names of the parts...

May I take this opportunity to say that the new parts are awesome! Love the textures and animations - being the best station parts which are not based on real world counterparts. Also a few posts above, the question has been raised, when will be the right time for you to appreciate feedback on the parts, as in error reports and the likes?

Keep up the good work,

Sebastian

Edited by StarStreak2109
Edited as per Nertea's request.

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Im working on updting FilterExtensions.  I'd like to create a category for this mod, would you have a 32x32 icon I could use with it?

Afraid not.

49 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Been playing with the new SSPX as well, I just adapted the old USI LS patch for my purposes. One just needs to change the names of the parts...

May I take this opportunity to say that the new parts are awesome! Love the textures and animations - being the best station parts which are not based on real world counterparts. Also a few posts above, the question has been raised, when will be the right time for you to appreciate feedback on the parts, as in error reports and the likes?

Risking to point out stuff you already know and have to the "to fix"-list:

- have all the extensibles start in their retracted state

- check the extendable docking port, if I am not mistaken, there is some issue with it (ships won't dock)

- some of the centrifuge parts are not displaying correctly

Please send early feedback via PM if you would. This will help make the thread clean and not confuse people who are not using the pre-release.

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

Definitely appreciate patches, but if you write one and submit it, you will be its defacto maintainer ;).

6 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

@Nertea Thank you! I will put it up and making pull request on Github. I need some refinement and feedback though.

Ok, if I were you I'd socialize it here when done. @Merkov and @TheRagingIrishman seem to have some input to offer here. I have a sheet with approximate volumes of the parts if that is useful. 

22 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

This may sound dumb but whats this  SSPX Legacy pack everyone is talking about?

The current version of SSPX that is on spacedock right now. That will become a legacy pack.

It will be replaced by the one under development, one that Nertea keep teasing us with those awesome models such as the centrifuges.

Not a dumb question at all. The current situation is kind of confusing.

This parts pack, in this very thread, is SSPX. Very soon, Nertea will release a new parts pack also called SSPX, that will improve upon and continue this current mod. When that happens, this mod will become SSPX Legacy, or some other similar label.

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Just to add to the confusion, isn't the current version called SSPE and the new version going to titled SSPX?  If not, I've lost it :confused:

As far as I am aware it has always been SSPX, I really don't know where SSPE came from.  Take a look in the patches folder provided with the mod and you will see they are all named things like SSPXCommunityTechTree.cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.