[1.3+] Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [retired]

Nertea

• 2 weeks later...

While digging through the Mod folder, I've found, hidden away, a retractable staircase part, which had been set to not be visible in the editor.
After Taking a look at it ingame(after making it visible), I do think that those stairs work quite nice as cosmetic/decorative parts.
So here's my question. Nertea, are you planning to make those stairs be usable in later version or will they be removed some day?

Oh wrong thread, sorry

On 2/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, GrandProtectorDark said:

While digging through the Mod folder, I've found, hidden away, a retractable staircase part, which had been set to not be visible in the editor.
After Taking a look at it ingame(after making it visible), I do think that those stairs work quite nice as cosmetic/decorative parts.
So here's my question. Nertea, are you planning to make those stairs be usable in later version or will they be removed some day?

Oh wrong thread, sorry

Oh bollox you found the secret!. I got pretty far on that part before I decided it sucked. I don't know when I'll finish it. 

Edited by Nertea

Seems like there is a small bug with missing texure in crewtube-docking-125 model (at least ksp.log told me this):

Spoiler

[LOG 07:40:29.802] Load(Model): StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-125/crewtube-cupola-125
[LOG 07:40:29.808] Load(Model): StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-125/crewtube-docking-125
[ERR 07:40:29.826] Texture 'StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-125/crewtube-125-1-n' not found!

[LOG 07:40:29.828] Load(Model): StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-125/crewtube-hub-125

It's not a big problem, I think, because everything is working, but finding this error in log is a little bit annoying)

15 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you add a centrifuge? @damonvv might be able to help.

Yes, I can help with that, and I think it can be ready in 6 months.

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Yes... sadly that is one of many things this mod has been lacking...

IVAs and a texture redo would be awesome additions, too...

I love making IVAs.

Edited by damonvv

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry to dig this thread up but I'm trying to install this in version 1.4.1 but for some reason both the 3.5 meter Cupola and 2.5m docking port don't show up (causing two ships to be deleted) I've tried changing the module manager version, B9 parts switching version but I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: found a workaround and edited the persistance file to change the missing parts into other parts

Edited by mrmcp1

• 3 weeks later...

hi forum!

first off: huge thanks to all modders, you guys keep increasing our gaming experience so much!

since i'm currently trying to ressurect my 1.2.2 station one (she's a biggin) involving much of near future and stockalike station parts expansion i found these mods are currently kind of working on my 1.4.1 install. so i want to port her to the new stockalike station parts redux mod by our great @Nertea :) when i stumbled across these problems:

On 19.3.2018 at 1:38 PM, mrmcp1 said:

I'm sorry to dig this thread up but I'm trying to install this in version 1.4.1 but for some reason both the 3.5 meter Cupola and 2.5m docking port don't show up (causing two ships to be deleted) I've tried changing the module manager version, B9 parts switching version but I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: found a workaround and edited the persistance file to change the missing parts into other parts

apparently and according to my nimble searches through and comparison of the files in my 1.4.1 and my 1.2.2 install there might be some issues with copy-pasted textures in the cfg. files of the parts?!

like this one:

Spoiler

// Station Parts Expansion 0.4.0
// 2.5m crew tube with docking port
PART

[...]

MODEL
    {
        model = StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-25/crewtube-docking-25
        position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
        scale = 1,1,1
        rotation = 0, 0, 0
        texture = crew25-1-blank, StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-125-25/crewtube-25-1
        texture = crew25-1-blank-n_NRM, StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-125-25/crewtube-25-1-n_NRM
    }

// --- editor parameters ---

[...]

the used .dds files are to be taken from an 1.25 to 2.5m adapter instead of the existing ones in the same folder? (looking like the desired senior docking adapter)
or am i completely missunderstanding this system?

as of now i didn't find a solution to the missing senior docking port problem :(

here i ran into blindly mixing old and new configs in my current game install due to a self-induced lack of sleep which apparently lead to some missing textures so that the top and bottom part are completely white:

Spoiler

had a similar problem with the utilityCabin (PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container) where i copied the crewpod-observation-25.cfg from my ksp 1.2.2 install into my current 1.4.1

edit: deleted, because dumb >.<

at least the game doesnt complain about that one missing anymore :)  - see?!

what was i thinking and doing there? mixed NFSpacecraft .cfg's into the sstx game data. should have probably gone to sleep by now...

now gotta solve the 2.5m docking port!

image of station one back in ksp 1.2.2

PS: so, anyway, i try to keep track of this since i hope to be able to rebuild station one at some time.

many appologies, if this doesn't end up in the right place or anything of that stuff, please report any typos or mistakes to your mom and/or daughter immediately. and again many thanks to all the modders! also everybody reading this allways keep in mind: these results may be caused by outdated versions of the mods i used.

i've now found the discussion to this problem going on in the sspxr-thread but i still think it belongs here. hope, nertea and some clever kerbonauts keep looking and contributing in here :)

last and final edit:
at the point i reached now i have a kind-of-solution:
i got a working install of ksp 1.3.1 up and running all the necessary part-mods for station one. got ckan to check mods for the most recent versions. after that i copied all the crewtube-docking-25-files from the \GameData\StationPartsExpansion\Parts\Structural\crewtube-25 folder of an older ksp install (being ksp1.2.2 for me, might be any version before sspx0.5.0 i think) over the existing ones in the ksp1.3.1\gamedata. this made the game recognize the 2.5m docking port incl. monoprop as an existing part again.

thus rendering my station one finally ready for conversion into stockalike station parts expansion redux =)

again: great thanks to @Nertea for his effords!
hope, somebody might find this usefull. everybody who got annoyed by the uncounted edits i did to this, please have a potato: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR11J4LGnLkGfOBE9kYOjc

_ _ _ problem solved _ _ _

Edited by Player1
some progress here and there, also i seem to be turning this into a kind of log for myself. sorry for editing over and over again! finally done with this post

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.