Jump to content

[1.3+] Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [retired]


Nertea
 Share

Recommended Posts

CKAN issue is with NearFutureProps, same issue that CryoTanks had.  I've submitted PRs for both, hopefully they'll get merged in a few days (hard to say though)

But yes, per OP CKAN issues should go to the CKAN thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm finding myself a bit confused by these parts. I thought they were alternatives to the Hitchhiker, but they don't have any crew capacity.  Are they just supposed to be decorative like the structural fuselage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

I'm finding myself a bit confused by these parts. I thought they were alternatives to the Hitchhiker, but they don't have any crew capacity.  Are they just supposed to be decorative like the structural fuselage?

They definitely have crew capacity, except for the pressurized tubes (which are just designed to connect things but are otherwise just structural unless you have CLS installed).  Which parts specifically are you looking at?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blowfish said:

They definitely have crew capacity, except for the pressurized tubes (which are just designed to connect things but are otherwise just structural unless you have CLS installed).  Which parts specifically are you looking at?

The 1.25m parts.  I thought this added parts for building smaller stations as well as bigger ones.  The part names call them "crew tubes", obviously they don't support crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

The 1.25m parts.  I thought this added parts for building smaller stations as well as bigger ones.  The part names call them "crew tubes", obviously they don't support crew.

The idea is that you use the tube parts to connect parts that are well-suited to be permanent places for crew like a Hitchiker or a cockpit like a command pod. Not that every single crew passage supports crew.

Plus every part I add that has crew capacity is another one that people start complaining about IVAs about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're welcome of course to tweak the crew capacity, it's very easy... I just don't think the 1.25m parts physically have a good amount of internal room to actually be space station parts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

Found your mod while looking for an old one from ages ago, still haven't been able to find it. Was only really after it for one part, a variant of the Hitchhiker that was double-long with a huge rectangular window along its length. Could you maybe include something like that in this mod, because I'm really loving the parts you've made!

Edited by Axquirix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have RPM screens been removed from the Mk3-9 pod in the latest update or have I done something wrong?

EDIT: Note to self: don't post anything online at 2AM when half asleep

Edited by Hoddd9000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, a heads up. I've started planning and concepting work on the next iteration of SSPX. There's going to be part deprecation, dimension changes and other craft-breaking changes. You have been warned, I'll continue to point this out over the next months. A few major changes:

  • Part dimensions will be uniformized (they're all over the place right now)
  • Some parts will be completely deprecated, such as the docking modules (ugly and no point in these parts)
  • All parts will be completely revamped.

Now's one of those really, really rare times where I want to solicit input on the current part lineup - what is missing in your station/ship building endeavours? 

 

Oh, don't suggest stuff that's on the git roadmaps already.

Edited by Nertea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Hey guys, a heads up. I've started planning and concepting work on the next iteration of SSPX. There's going to be part deprecation, dimension changes and other craft-breaking changes. You have been warned, I'll continue to point this out over the next months. A few major changes:

  • Part dimensions will be uniformized (they're all over the place right now)
  • Some parts will be completely deprecated, such as the docking modules (ugly and no point in these parts)
  • All parts will be completely revamped.

Now's one of those really, really rare opinions where I want to solicit input on the current part lineup - what is missing in your station/ship building endeavours? 

Greenhouses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Nertea said:
  • Some parts will be completely deprecated, such as the docking modules (ugly and no point in these parts)

Is the list of parts that will be deprecated nailed down yet, or are you still deciding which parts will/won't be deprecated? So I can start to prepare craft files for my ships that may have future deprecated parts.

Cheers,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Now's one of those really, really rare times where I want to solicit input on the current part lineup - what is missing in your station/ship building endeavours?

Between your various mods you have my station building needs pretty much met; that being said I would like to see a 3.75 meter science lab, doesn't have to do anything more than the stock one does, just bigger with additional crew space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Centrifuges/spin habs.

Yes, pending design work on these. 

2 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Is the list of parts that will be deprecated nailed down yet, or are you still deciding which parts will/won't be deprecated? So I can start to prepare craft files for my ships that may have future deprecated parts.

Cheers,

Not completely, 100% the docking modules. However this is almost going to be a clean-sheet mod at this point (so much that I might actually release it separately to be honest), so there's not much you go do to prepare. 

2 hours ago, Nergal8617 said:

Between your various mods you have my station building needs pretty much met; that being said I would like to see a 3.75 meter science lab, doesn't have to do anything more than the stock one does, just bigger with additional crew space.

If you're cool with no IVA...

2 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Greenhouses

Yes, x2 (2.5, 3.75m), on the roadmap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nertea said:

If you're cool with no IVA...

Could you fake a two-room design, with two stock IVAs one after the other - the closed hatch inbetween?

Two stock labs are about as long as two Kerbodyne S3-7200 tanks, the remaining extra volume would be more RAM ... :wink:

Edited by KerbMav
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Nertea for asking for feedback.  I've been an enthusiastic user of this wonderful mod for a long time - see photo below from my 3.2x GPP career:

L5xMgpi.png

I don't know where the github roadmap is located, but here are my thoughts on parts which would be very helpful in a new/redone version of the mod, in rough order of preference:

1. A 2.5m 5-way hub, with sides angled at 120 degrees to aid three-way symmetrical stations.

2. A double height 3.75m habitat.

3. A 3.75m cupola without the attachment point in the middle

4. Quad-length crew tubes in both 1.25m and 2.5m diameter (although this might be redundant with NF Construction).

5. Maybe a 3.75m hub, in both 6-way and 5-way variants.

6. Larger parts at your discretion as mentioned by other posters, such as toruses, larger science labs, etc. 

Thanks again for all your hard work with this and your other mods.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...