[1.3+] Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [retired]

Nertea

This mod is now defunct and will no longer be updated 

It has been superseded by Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux.

KSP 1.5.1

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [0.5.3] 
Last Updated November 22, 2018

FLHeQQG.png

Tired of constructing a space station out of mobile labs and Hitchhikers? This pack expands your KSP experience with a large number of parts suitable for building space stations, ground stations or really whatever you like. Most parts come integrated with cabin lights, and some parts even come with IVAs!

Full Screenshot Gallery

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: CKAN Support Questions?
A: Talk to CKAN folks, CKAN is not supported.

Q: When will you finish the IVAs?
A: These are the lowest priority of anything on my to-do list of all my mods, including future mods ;). 

Licensing

• All code and cfgs are distributed under a CC-NC-SA-4.0 License
  • All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under an All Rights Reserved License.
  • All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses.

Download
Mirrors

Primary (SpaceDock)
Secondary (CurseForge)

Tertiary (Dropbox)

Issue Tracking and Source

If you appreciate this project, please consider contributing to my caffeine addiction! I really appreciate it, and also helps justify this time sink to my wife :wink:, which results directly in more models. btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by Nertea

1 hour ago, kraden said:

I can't build a station without these parts :D thanks for all your work!

Question, will the miniature copula part ever have a function aside from looking cool (even if it just holds a single kerbal)?

In my save, I play with USI-LS, which adds the concept of habitation. Basically, kerbals need space as well as recreation options to keep from going insane for prolonged missions, and having a cupola for pretty sightseeing is a way of increasing that. The mini cupolas with this pack are a handy way to add some living/recreation space to space stations while also looking really good with other station parts.

Still, I would say that benefit is secondary to just looking cool. (I also like sticking them onto parts that look like they should have a "lights on" option but don't, like the stock MPL pre-1.2.)

6 hours ago, Merkov said:

In my save, I play with USI-LS, which adds the concept of habitation. Basically, kerbals need space as well as recreation options to keep from going insane for prolonged missions, and having a cupola for pretty sightseeing is a way of increasing that. The mini cupolas with this pack are a handy way to add some living/recreation space to space stations while also looking really good with other station parts.

Still, I would say that benefit is secondary to just looking cool. (I also like sticking them onto parts that look like they should have a "lights on" option but don't, like the stock MPL pre-1.2.)

I'm not sure we're talking about the same part. USI-LS has a mini copula that has all of the capabilities you've mentioned. In my experience however, the one from this pack has no effect on habitation from either USI-LS or Kerbalism, can seat no kerbals, and has no lights on option.

Using the picture in the OP as a reference, I'm talking about the small part attached to the small 6-way station core in the upper left. If this is the same part you're talking about then perhaps I have an odd mod conflict.

Yeah, that's the part I'm talking about. USI-LS only recently added it's own cupolas, and before they showed up, I always used this mod's. Stockalike Station Parts Expansion has a mm patch for USI-LS, which adds hab time to lots of its parts. I do write a lot of my own patches, so maybe I'm remembering wrong and these cupolas don't add hab time by themselves, but I don't remember writing any personal patches for SSPE...

@Nertea

Thanks for continued support of this great mod, and also for restoring thread.

I have a question: You once told us, that your working set (internal configs, 3d models) is damaged, so editing parts or making new is impossible, or I wrongly remember, or it happened, but not with this mod?

14 hours ago, Merkov said:

Yeah, that's the part I'm talking about. USI-LS only recently added it's own cupolas, and before they showed up, I always used this mod's. Stockalike Station Parts Expansion has a mm patch for USI-LS, which adds hab time to lots of its parts. I do write a lot of my own patches, so maybe I'm remembering wrong and these cupolas don't add hab time by themselves, but I don't remember writing any personal patches for SSPE...

There is a USI patch that does... something. If it needs attention, a pull request would be nice, I don't know what USI-LS requires. 

3 minutes ago, WildLynx said:

@Nertea

Thanks for continued support of this great mod, and also for restoring thread.

I have a question: You once told us, that your working set (internal configs, 3d models) is damaged, so editing parts or making new is impossible, or I wrongly remember, or it happened, but not with this mod?

The unity files got nuked when I upgraded my dev chain (porting to 1.1 IIRC). They were painstakingly rebuilt which was why the 1.1 release took like 4 months. 

The reason nothing new is happening is because I don't really have interest in working on this mod these days. All available dev time is dedicated to "finishing" NFT at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I wish I found this earlier.

EARLIER THIS DAY, on the Internet:

Me: I really want more station parts

Internet: Try this,

Me: really?

Internet: And try this pack

Me: *yawn*

Internet: Ok, try SSPP

Me: cheers internet

Seriously though, good job

The new 2.5m parts are my favorite because I hated having to adapt down to 1.25m just to have a 6-way hub or structural fuselage.

Edited by TDplay
I am being more specific on what I like in this mod.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:36 AM, Nertea said:

There is a USI patch that does... something. If it needs attention, a pull request would be nice, I don't know what USI-LS requires. 

Just as an FYI, I'm pretty sure that all of the USI-LS patches I provided are out of date. USI-LS underwent some significant changes to both its config structure and its balance a few months ago. I don't think RoverDude has yet provided updated balance guidelines or else I would submit pull requests... the last time I checked he was still putting finishing touches on it before publishing so that compatibility supporters would not have to revise repeatedly.

I don't know if it's planned or even on the horizon, but a few of these station parts could use a balance touchup more generally (e.g. the probe cores were overweight the last time I looked). I had some notes with suggested values that I can present if desired, but I don't want to be a pest since I know the mod's development is in maintenance mode...

23 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

I dunno if this is alluding to something real, but a CobaltWolf/Nertea collaboration would be a game-changer.

20 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Ppppssshhhaawww....

Who knows...

T47JlNc.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

18 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Just as an FYI, I'm pretty sure that all of the USI-LS patches I provided are out of date. USI-LS underwent some significant changes to both its config structure and its balance a few months ago. I don't think RoverDude has yet provided updated balance guidelines or else I would submit pull requests... the last time I checked he was still putting finishing touches on it before publishing so that compatibility supporters would not have to revise repeatedly.

I don't know if it's planned or even on the horizon, but a few of these station parts could use a balance touchup more generally (e.g. the probe cores were overweight the last time I looked). I had some notes with suggested values that I can present if desired, but I don't want to be a pest since I know the mod's development is in maintenance mode...

He's actually uploaded it - here's a vid with instructions on how to use it, and a link to it in the description:

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

He's actually uploaded it - here's a vid with instructions on how to use it, and a link to it in the description:

Thanks, I didn't realize it was associated with MKS instead of USILS (I've completely given up on following the MKS thread due to the volume of discussion there.) Looks like any updates I want to provide are going to have to wait until I have a long stretch of quality time to spend interpreting that spreadsheet. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PocketBrotector said:

Thanks, I didn't realize it was associated with MKS instead of USILS (I've completely given up on following the MKS thread due to the volume of discussion there.) Looks like any updates I want to provide are going to have to wait until I have a long stretch of quality time to spend interpreting that spreadsheet. :rolleyes:

It is a fairly fast-moving thread.  :wink:

But yeah, the spreadsheet is really a 'USI System' spreadsheet, with USI-LS being part of that.  Main new thing to consider is that volume is taken into account as well as mass - some parts tend to be limited by one, some by the other.  (The spreadsheet will have required amounts for both.)

(And I hear yah on interpreting the spreadsheet - I've been working on an KPBS to MKS patchset - *lots* of work balancing out all the parts.)

• 4 weeks later...

CobaltWolf and Nertea collab? That choo choo sound is the hype train starting to leave the station!

Can I humbly request a rotating hab ring or maybe a rotating pendulum/counterweight? PorkJet teased an update and then disappeared - I think both of you could surpass his earlier work easily.

I went on Curse and downloaded the mod for 1.0.0 (I can't update the game, so I'm stuck on 1.0.0). Anyway, I installed with CKAN, and when I load the game up, I only get the Mk3 light or something like that. I have KSP version 1.0.0. The mod that I downloaded was the 1.0.0 version of it, and yet I didn't get like any of the parts from it. CKAN doesn't usually fail me, and it always correctly installs mods, but I have KSP 1.0.0 and I downloaded the version for 1.0.0 and the parts weren't there. Why did this happen? I also did a manual install of the mod, and again, I got pretty much none of the parts.

UPDATE: I REINSTALLED THE MOD AND IT WORKS NOW, PROBLEM SOLVED

Edited by KerbalManiac
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.