Kounter-Kerbin Development Thread

Adstri

I am having a huge art/idea block right now if anyone can give me any (realistic) ideas that would be amazing (no new moons however.)

Also, I am currently working on other (secret) projects that are taking a higher priority then this currently. Sorry about the holdup. :/

Edited by Adstriduum

Yes, but again, *artblock*

I've been experimenting with procedural planets recently. They are turning out very well, but not well enough. This is taking so long as I was these planet to be 100% fully fleshed out and detailed, and not just a couple of noiseballs thrown together in one day.

I would show new pictures, but all three worlds are WAY to WIP for now. Will try to get some up by next week.

Nibrek is 90% Complete. I tried to give it "terrain swirls" as the extreme heat would make the terrain change constantly and the rocks would be partiality melted. Kind of like Earth's mantle.

Anyways, what do you guys think? I need feedback.

And yes, the green orbit is counter-Mun's. I am working on the bumpmap as of now.

5vVKV3D.png

Edited by Adstriduum

• 2 weeks later...

I have another suggestion, can there be a big mountain range with lava oceans at or near the poles? If you fly to Kerbins polar mountain range (slightly past the North Pole), you'll see some canyons and stuff. How awesome would it be hopping between mountains over rivers of lava? Something similar could be done for Num but I think it would look best on the hostile world of Nibrek!

Edited by Fireheart318

9 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

I have another suggestion, can there be a big mountain range with lava oceans at or near the poles? If you fly to Kerbins polar mountain range (slightly past the North Pole), you'll see some canyons and stuff. How awesome would it be hopping between mountains over rivers of lava? Something similar could be done for Num but I think it would look best on the hostile world of Nibrek!

Hmm... maybe, maybe not. The planet is extremely hot, so the terrain is sort of molten. Kind of like Earth's mantle, except of the surface. I took a break from Nibrek as making one planet for four weeks can drive one such as myself completely insane and mad. So I took a break from hell Nibrek for a little bit and started on... The Num (or Num eht!)

bo2Mgjk.png

Edited by Adstriduum

3 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

bo2Mgjk.png

Looks awesome(!!!!!) but I feel like there could be a bit less water (more land), some deeper craters (with water), and rivers (leading into those craters). This is a drawing and a rough draft, so it's less detailed. Either way, it's your project, so you should do with it as you please :)

1 minute ago, Fireheart318 said:

Looks awesome(!!!!!) but I feel like there could be a bit less water (more land), some deeper craters (with water), and rivers (leading into those craters). This is a drawing and a rough draft, so it's less detailed. Either way, it's your project, so you should do with it as you please :)

The drawing is actually the textures used for the planet put in a sphere. I just made this yesterday late at night falling asleep, so expect lots to change.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.