Kounter-Kerbin Development Thread

Adstri

13 minutes ago, electricpants said:

@Adstriduum, when will the first version be released?

When the kraken is slain and its remains are thrown into the sun, never to be seen again. When all of the bugs are fixed. I don't want to force something about 1/6 complete.

I also happen to love TRAPPIST-1 f as well :wink:

Edited by Adstriduum

Absolutely AWESOME!!! [INSERT MEME HERE]

As for biome names, if you have a small chunk of land sticking out, like a peninsula, you could call it the "Red Head." :wink:

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM
Wrong emoji!

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Absolutely AWESOME!!! [INSERT MEME HERE]

Adstriduum approves. :wink:

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

As for biome names, if you have a small chunk of land sticking out, like a peninsula, you could call it the "Red Head." :wink:

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THINGS THAT WILL BE IN VERSION 0.1 alpha:

-Nibrek (No real biomes for now, maybe just ones marking land/oceans. There will later be ACTUAL biomes that people have suggested**)

-Num/Sumnim (Not really. Both objects are largely incomplete, so for now they will be Mun/Minmus clones for now, respectively.**)*

-Lots of bugs (expect the Kraken to be looming around in this system. Bugs will be fixed as the mod updates.)

THINGS THAT WILL NOT BE IN VERSION 0.1 alpha**:

-Mod support (Scatterer, E.V.E, ect. Mod support will come in future versions.

-*(or **)See above

-Other things likely to come much later that I can't remember.

Stay tuned :)

Edited by Adstriduum

• 2 weeks later...

I love the concept of this mod (I am also a fan of the theory of a counter Earth), and I only have one other thing to say;

I would like this mod to not grow large (I mean like Counter-Eves and Dunas) But I think you should carry on expanding it!

18 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I love the concept of this mod (I am also a fan of the theory of a counter Earth), and I only have one other thing to say;

I would like this mod to not grow large (I mean like Counter-Eves and Dunas) But I think you should carry on expanding it!

Counter-Gilly. Imagine the g-forces.

shudder

3 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Counter-Eve and Counter-Duna? Dude, you should be glad as that was NOT at ALL on my list! Imagine that a sea of planets. Regular planets, opposing planets. Pure chaos, indeed. The mod itself won't add a lot, don't worry. :)

Edited by Adstriduum

• 4 weeks later...

"Why hasn't this mod been released yet?" You may ask.

Well, some personal stuff got in the way and that practically killed my motivation. And something happened to the files, so that means I might have to build this mod up from scratch. I don't know exactly what happened, but there you go.

I hope I haven't caused any inconveniences.

This will continue, just give me time to sort some things out.

Edited by Adstriduum

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, Adstriduum said:

Thanks! Just added a hazardous ocean. Now time to fix the pressure curves... Does anyone have a good calculator for that?

Not sure if this is relevant anymore, but @KillAshley does. You'll have to ask him, though.

Edit: he was last active on August 5th. He might not be active anymore.

Edited by Mrcarrot

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, Mrcarrot said:

Not sure if this is relevant anymore, but @KillAshley does. You'll have to ask him, though.

Edit: he was last active on August 5th. He might not be active anymore.

I've here about and longed for this mystical artifact, but I think I found a way to make it work...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright, I've decided that the planets will be (mostly) procedurally generated. I tried to re-imagine what each world should actually look like to be something new and unique.

Nibrek's surface will be battered with craters. The craters will be filled with lava. There will also be large canyons.

Num eht will be dead and lifeless- but only on the surface. The canyons and craters will be filled with a breathable atmosphere and life

Sumnim will remain with the original plan.

I've also been working on other mods, and I'll make dev threads for those soon.

Edited by Adstriduum

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, Adstriduum said:

Num eht will be dead and lifeless- but only on the surface. The canyons and craters will be filled with a breathable atmosphere and life.

I've also been working on other mods, and I'll make dev threads for those soon.

Will Num Eht's atmosphere be thick enough to fly planes in? Is there water? How deep are the craters/how high are the mountains?

Also, what kinds of mods are in the works?

Edited by Fireheart318
I can't get rid of that '1' in there. Sorry. :(

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

Will Num Eht's atmosphere be thick enough to fly planes in? Is there water? How deep are the craters/how high are the mountains?

Also, what kinds of mods are in the works?

The atmosphere is slighty thicker than Kerbin's, and it has oxygen. The mountain should be pretty high. but I can give a proper figure right now. The craters are deeper and wider than on the Mun though.

As for mods, I'm working on Ominoul (collaboration), a kerbol system replacement (might be a galaxy mod, not sure yet.) and something else I don't think I can share just yet.

Edited by Adstriduum

21 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

The atmosphere is slighty thicker than Kerbin's, and it has oxygen. The mountain should be pretty high. but I can give a proper figure right now. The craters are deeper and wider than on the Mun though.

As for mods, I'm working on Ominoul (collaboration), a kerbol system replacement (might be a galaxy mod, not sure yet.) and something else I don't think I can share just yet.

Sweet!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.