[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

Having strange issue where firespitter and it appears b9 are causing some fsm issue which are causing parts to spawn in the ground of the VAB on 1.3?

Solved: Firespitter not updated on ckan. Must first install b9 with old firespitter then get the 1.3 issuance of firespitter.dll from Github, now working normally and fsm error is gone. Since B9 still slates the old firespitter core as a dependency it may not update via ckan unless the dependencies are changed.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

20 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Having strange issue where firespitter and it appears b9 are causing some fsm issue which are causing parts to spawn in the ground of the VAB on 1.3?

Solved: Firespitter not updated on ckan. Must first install b9 with old firespitter then get the 1.3 issuance of firespitter.dll from Github, now working normally and fsm error is gone. Since B9 still slates the old firespitter core as a dependency it may not update via ckan unless the dependencies are changed.

firespitter is updated on CKAN and certified for 1.3 at this time.

18 hours ago, ss8913 said:

firespitter is updated on CKAN and certified for 1.3 at this time.

Does that include the firespitter core that B9 was showing as a dependency? I saw two firespitter variants, both install to the same directory but CKAn sees them as distinct.

29 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Does that include the firespitter core that B9 was showing as a dependency? I saw two firespitter variants, both install to the same directory but CKAn sees them as distinct.

Firespitter is a parts mod that include a plugin. Firespitter Core is the plugin itself, needed for B9 to work correctly and needed for other mods too.

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Firespitter is a parts mod that include a plugin. Firespitter Core is the plugin itself, needed for B9 to work correctly and needed for other mods too.

and yeah I have them both installed, for 1.3, through CKAN.  My game still crashes on load, but that's because several of my other mods that contain plugins have not yet been updated.  I can't really play without them though.. once you've tasted FAR, the normal air in KSP is like .. flying through a cloud of zebras. something like that.

I have been trying to install the mod through the link provided but when it gets to around 80% my computer says that it can't be installed and yet gives no reason for it. Is this a problem on my part and if it is can it be fixed by me?

I have used this mod in the past, and found it very useful and felt it really opened up the game, but had not played KSP in a while and would need the new version of the mod to use in the game, I can't seem to open the game with the old version I had.

12 hours ago, Stormie said:

Now if I could just figure out how all the stuff in that mod *works* T_T

Many people, myself included, have posted tutorials on the KSPIE thread :)  However, the new version which I can't yet use due to other mods not updating yet, has a new end-game-tech fusion drive that sounds like it'd be a good match for your ship.  How much does it weigh?

10 hours ago, Mr_Riddle0 said:

I have been trying to install the mod through the link provided but when it gets to around 80% my computer says that it can't be installed and yet gives no reason for it. Is this a problem on my part and if it is can it be fixed by me?

I have used this mod in the past, and found it very useful and felt it really opened up the game, but had not played KSP in a while and would need the new version of the mod to use in the game, I can't seem to open the game with the old version I had.

Sorry, could you clarify?  How are you trying to install it?  Exactly what gets to 80% and exactly what error message are you seeing?  A screenshot might help.

E: And welcome to the forums!

Edited by blowfish

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

Sorry, could you clarify?  How are you trying to install it?  Exactly what gets to 80% and exactly what error message are you seeing?  A screenshot might help.

E: And welcome to the forums!

This is the result of my latest attempt to install the mod. There is nothing happening on my computer that could possibly cause the download to be interrupted:

FsSYesMe9M6NSSrbAVjlrEuruYlEANs5BniwcqeeYbY_2BDxgkO24T6HiXhVTpDhYRQw6PV3XD8Mb6CWMx-B_AhvvIczb_etO9wQEfkcJwKvfGF9s0ubLHfYMDqpglIB5pYlTjhf

As you can be see I am using the latest link on GitHub that was provided by blowfishpro.

1 hour ago, Mr_Riddle0 said:

This is the result of my latest attempt to install the mod. There is nothing happening on my computer that could possibly cause the download to be interrupted:

FsSYesMe9M6NSSrbAVjlrEuruYlEANs5BniwcqeeYbY_2BDxgkO24T6HiXhVTpDhYRQw6PV3XD8Mb6CWMx-B_AhvvIczb_etO9wQEfkcJwKvfGF9s0ubLHfYMDqpglIB5pYlTjhf

As you can be see I am using the latest link on GitHub that was provided by blowfishpro.

You may need to contact your ISP regarding this issue.

I can confirm it's not the files or GitHub that's the problem; I just downloaded those same files just now and did not have any issue there.

1 minute ago, King Something said:

You may need to contact your ISP regarding this issue.

I can confirm it's not the files or GitHub that's the problem; I just downloaded those same files just now and did not have any issue there.

I will check for issue with my connection and try again. Would ad block be the cause of the issue by any chance? 

I've pushed out a new version of B9 Animation Modules, so any enterprising individuals wishing to run B9 on KSP 1.3 can download all the updated dependencies and probably have it run fine now.  RPM's release is still in beta though, so I am not going to publish a new release just yet.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pliuple said:

Hmmm... Still crashes on boot... Maybe just me :/

Did you update "all" of the plugins? Like - B9 part switcher and what not? It works if every plugin is up to date.

They are available on Blowfish's GitHub Repository.

58 minutes ago, Pliuple said:

Cheers bud, updated and all good now, was a little confusing which ones to update tho :D

All the dependencies are listed and linked in the OP.  Just got to go through them all one by one :D

Edited by blowfish

29 minutes ago, drbitey said:

is there any way to use any of the B9 packs (that aren't already updated for 1.3) in 1.3?  thanks:D

Welcome to the forums!  There's nothing in B9 itself that needs to change, it's really the dependencies.  All of the dependencies have 1.3 releases, but RasterPropMonitor is still in beta so I haven't packaged up a real release yet.  But all the dependencies are listed in the OP of this thread, as well as links to get to them, so you can follow those and download the updated versions of each mod.

On 6/4/2017 at 1:07 PM, jrf said:

Is there a version of B9 aerospace that works in 1.3?

Download and install the 1.3 versions of all the B9 dependencies listed in the first post (I used CKAN for this step)

Download the current 1.2.2 version manually. 

Open the B9 zip and copy only the B9_Aerospace into the KSP GameData directory.

That's it.  The same steps apply for the HX parts.

This wouldn't be necessary if B9 didn't bundle its dependencies.

Sort of related and could probably have its own topic, but I don't like it when mods bundle dependencies.  I've had so many issues with CKAN and mods bundling dependencies that it isn't funny.  Install "Mod A" and it has the latest MM dll bundled with it, two days later install "Mod B" and the mod maintainer didn't update the included MM dll so my local MM dll gets downgraded and I didn't even know it.  CKAN aside, it's still a problem for inexperienced mod users because they'll blindly drag and drop crap.  I understand why they're bundled (people are dumb and don't read the post(s) with the instructions), but when the mod is using a centralized repository......

Sorry, had to vent that.  This issue is always the worst whenever KSP updates and I've had a "fun" time dealing with dependency bundles.....Oddly, B9 wasn't one of them because I had enough sense to read the OP and the posts in last two pages.  Unfortunately, not all mods have detailed posts detailing the update\bundle got ya's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.