[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 1:50 AM, blowfish said:

Sorry, which part exactly is that?  I can't tell from the screenshot.  And it's definitely not broken on every part...

For some reason, ALL the parts go funny at a random point in the spacehanger. I did test other parts (like the beam on the side of the screenshot) to see if it was an issue with the parts or the mod as a whole, and I can confirm that every part in the game suffers the same fate.

Edited by MadmanMorton

So I loved this pack ever since I first installed it. When I first got it, it came with a ship file. Is there a download that I don't see?? I'm not the best at building and I would love to have some example ships. Also my game keeps crashing while I run the interstellar warp plugin. I haven't used them both on the same ship yet because it keeps crashing after a couple minutes into the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 6:23 PM, MadmanMorton said:

For some reason, ALL the parts go funny at a random point in the spacehanger. I did test other parts (like the beam on the side of the screenshot) to see if it was an issue with the parts or the mod as a whole, and I can confirm that every part in the game suffers the same fate.

I tried this, but I can't replicate this behavior.  Symmetry behaves exactly as I would expect.  Are you sure there isn't some other mod here messing with things?

On 1/29/2018 at 4:16 PM, Sloftus said:

So I loved this pack ever since I first installed it. When I first got it, it came with a ship file. Is there a download that I don't see?? I'm not the best at building and I would love to have some example ships. Also my game keeps crashing while I run the interstellar warp plugin. I haven't used them both on the same ship yet because it keeps crashing after a couple minutes into the game. 

There were originally craft files, but no one maintained them through many updates, so they are no longer included.

I can't help you with the Interstellar warp plugin.  If it's crashing your game, that's on it...

I removed Firespitter and is now only using InterstellarFuelSwitch, that works fine right?
Seems to work fine, but who knows =) 
This question applies to all other mods that say they need Firespitter (but also in fine print say they work with IFS too).
is it 100% safe to not use Firespitter at all if one has InterstellarFuelSwitch?

1 hour ago, Baleurion said:

I removed Firespitter and is now only using InterstellarFuelSwitch, that works fine right?
Seems to work fine, but who knows =) 
This question applies to all other mods that say they need Firespitter (but also in fine print say they work with IFS too).
is it 100% safe to not use Firespitter at all if one has InterstellarFuelSwitch?

Firespitter is not used for fuel switching anymore.  However, there are a couple of Firespitter modules that are still in use, including the VTOL rotator module and texture switching on the landing gear.

1 hour ago, Magnavox said:

@blowfish Is there a way to integrate fuel tanks into the wing parts? 

It is possible.  But someone has to go through and calculate the volumes on every wing, and I really don't have the time for that right now.

Edited by blowfish

So then, how does one do it? No clear answers on any mod pages =P

Some people say you can NOT use both Firespitter and IFS together, others say you can just use ISF, others say you should just use Firespitter (but surely that loses functionality that ISF has?)
Is it safe to use both dlls then? Do most people use both?

4 hours ago, Baleurion said:

So then, how does one do it? No clear answers on any mod pages =P

Some people say you can NOT use both Firespitter and IFS together, others say you can just use ISF, others say you should just use Firespitter (but surely that loses functionality that ISF has?)
Is it safe to use both dlls then? Do most people use both?

I don't think the DLLs conflict.  If you have configs that attempt to add fuel switching to all fuel tanks for both, you will run into issues, but just the DLLs themselves shouldn't be a problem.  I would ask whoever is saying this to clarify what they mean.

Edited by blowfish

• 2 weeks later...

Does B9 HX work without the main B9? I already have a lot of mods and I don't really want all the spaceplane stuff.

Edit: So I just immediately found the answer sooooo... I don't know how I didn't see it before. 

Edited by 3ngin33r
I'm a dumbass...

@blowfish

I just felt like saying thank you for continuing to work on this mod.  I don't play it as often as I'd like, because I too often get stuck trying to finish achievements in stock career runs (which can be a long and arduous task).  But this one has always been one of my favorites.  And it always tickles me when I look in on it and see that, yes, it is up to date and ready for the latest version of KSP.

You do great work that is greatly appreciated.

Edited by PTNLemay

I just started playing again after a long hiatus today, cant live without my B9 parts. I have searched but haven't found any one else with the same issues. Some of the Mk2 plane parts are miss aligned when they snap to each other. Has this been a resolved issue or something new I am doing wrong ? Any help is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Serephath said:

I just started playing again after a long hiatus today, cant live without my B9 parts. I have searched but haven't found any one else with the same issues. Some of the Mk2 plane parts are miss aligned when they snap to each other. Has this been a resolved issue or something new I am doing wrong ? Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like B9 Part Switch might be missing or installed incorrectly.  Could you try reinstalling it?  If that doesn't work, could you provide logs so I can take a look at what's going on?  Instructions on how to find and upload logs are in the "how to get support" link in my signature.

plz mark the blukhead profile on all HL parts to "mk3" instead of size3, I'm pretty sure the HL profile was the prototype for what Squad later adopted, doing that to my own install, but alot of work, don't want to have to do it again. 

On 3/6/2018 at 5:40 AM, AlonzoTG said:

plz mark the blukhead profile on all HL parts to "mk3" instead of size3, I'm pretty sure the HL profile was the prototype for what Squad later adopted, doing that to my own install, but alot of work, don't want to have to do it again. 

Mind entering an issue at Github so I don't forget?

On 3/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, Oracle255 said:

Could you add another download link ?

Whenever I try to download from github my download speed always capped at 15 kb/s and after waiting for an hour, it always give me "link expired" error

Any idea what's going wrong?  I don't think anyone else has reported issues downloading from Github.  It does have a rate limiter - have you downloaded a bunch of things from Github very recently?

E: And welcome to the forums!

Edited by blowfish

On 3/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, blowfish said:

Mind entering an issue at Github so I don't forget?

Any idea what's going wrong?  I don't think anyone else has reported issues downloading from Github.  It does have a rate limiter - have you downloaded a bunch of things from Github very recently?

E: And welcome to the forums!

Yeah I've download bunch of mod from Github before, and my speed limit always capped at max 80 kb/s with an average speed of 20 kb/s But I've never download a file larger than 15 mb,

Maybe Github Speed limit only apply in my country (Indonesia) ?

Could you add another download link at SpaceDock or CurseForge ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Oracle255 said:

Yeah I've download bunch of mod from Github before, and my speed limit always capped at max 80 kb/s with an average speed of 20 kb/s But I've never download a file larger than 15 mb,

Maybe Github Speed limit only apply in my country (Indonesia) ?

Could you add another download link at SpaceDock or CurseForge ?

Thanks

Here's a temporary Google Drive link for now.  Spacedock or Curseforge would take more time to set up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G1mWX06BbmzTs_OzduIyLHknytpEQkWK

I'm now aware of any location-dependent rate limiting for Github.  I know that it slows downloads after you have already downloaded a lot (but it will go back to normal after a little while)

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Here's a temporary Google Drive link for now.  Spacedock or Curseforge would take more time to set up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G1mWX06BbmzTs_OzduIyLHknytpEQkWK

I'm now aware of any location-dependent rate limiting for Github.  I know that it slows downloads after you have already downloaded a lot (but it will go back to normal after a little while)

Thanks.. :D

@blowfish and/or @Flashblade:

Here is something I noticed in the following screenshots:  (ignore the DangIt! info  :) )

Spoiler

FHUEegT.jpg

XL7sJ3w.jpg

Do you have any info as to why the B9 landing legs are missing this "Landing Leg" window and "Stress Tolerance" info?

KSP 1.3.1 and B9 (newest from GitHub)

Edited by smotheredrun

10 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@blowfish and/or @Flashblade:

Here is something I noticed in the following screenshots:  (ignore the DangIt! info  :) )

Hide contents

FHUEegT.jpg

XL7sJ3w.jpg

Do you have any info as to why the B9 landing legs are missing this "Landing Leg" window and "Stress Tolerance" info?

KSP 1.3.1 and B9 (newest from GitHub)

They're not configured as landing legs, just as a simple animation.  I looked briefly into what it might take to configure them as actual legs a while ago and it looks like it would be a lot of work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.