[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

There is something wrong with invisible struts: I used them on 2 vessels between SRB and core booster to avoid SRB nose moving towards core booster; both times SRBs were starting to lean towards core right on launchpad, in both cases replacing invisible struts with stock struts solved issue. Taking into account they have same strength in description, guess SRB mass is not a cause of this behavior.

is b9 aerospace ever going to expand its parts list by adding more command pods and adapters to seamlessly connect part styles? because there are a bunch of part styles but no adapters to connect diferent types to each other for seamless transitions... I am stating this again because the idea didnt get the recognition it deserved(I say deserved because the current part style transitions have the subtlety of a trainwreck at lightspeed and adapters to smoothly connect part styles are MUCH needed)

On 3/30/2019 at 8:16 PM, mindseyemodels said:

is b9 aerospace ever going to expand its parts list by adding more command pods and adapters to seamlessly connect part styles? because there are a bunch of part styles but no adapters to connect diferent types to each other for seamless transitions... I am stating this again because the idea didnt get the recognition it deserved(I say deserved because the current part style transitions have the subtlety of a trainwreck at lightspeed and adapters to smoothly connect part styles are MUCH needed)

All the original artists are presently inactive, so the shorter answer is no new parts for the foreseeable future

2 hours ago, RocketScientist345 said:

will this work with ksp version 1.6.1

No - it causes a massive inversion of the Mo-hole and changes Minmus from minty to vanilla-y.

Edit - other than those two side effects it works perfectly in my instal. As do the HX parts.

Edited by KiltedKerbal

2 hours ago, RocketScientist345 said:

will this work with ksp version 1.6.1

One page back:

Most important, this info from that post:

Note: dependencies are compiled for KSP 1.5.1, to use with a different version of KSP 1.5.x, you may need to download the dependencies separately.

Meaning, as long as you have properly updated other dependencies, it should work properly in KSP 1.6.x
Don't know if each of dependencies are updated or some might no need update, though. So, you have chase other mods for yourself. From OP, here is list with links:

Core Pack

• 4 weeks later...

@blowfish

I have created a single part to expand upon available HX pack, not yet released. It is created using assets from B9 Aerospace HX.

There will be more parts to make this expansion a complete package, i just need to clear it first with you.

I'd like to also release FBX files used to create parts, in separate or single package.  FYI, i also used and changed textures to fit my parts (pitty i could not use original textures for my geometry).

Also, the first of HX parts i created requires my custom animation plugin to work properly.

For now, my focus is on releasing and showcasing my plugin in separate thread, but since it uses part derived from B9 Aerospace HX package, i ask for permission to use it in my to-be-created WIP plugin release thread.

I'm collecting permissions, license info, github how-to and other info to get ready for first release.

Edited by fatcargo
additional info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having an issue with the Sabre engines not having enough intake air when using stockalike RealFuels? When paired with their matching intakes, I can't get more than 25% throttle without flame outs. Can't find anything weird in the RF configs so thought I might ask here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm also having an air intake issue but it's just with the basic "biplane" engine (because this is only as far as I've gotten in the game). I Rclick and open the built in air intake of the engine, try to start it, and then I get a 'flamed out' due air deprivation message. I'm trying to run B9 in KSP 1.7.1, and I wonder if the mod may now have become incompatible with the latest game version? I'll add, I was careful to install only the latest versions of B9's dependencies.

On 6/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@seamutt By chance are you using KSPI? It has an intake problem right now.

Yes, I am using both the B9 and 'Interstellar' mod. Thanks for the information.

Edit: I did try removing the 'Interstellar' mod, and the biplane engine is still flaming out on me (it never really seems to even start). Although I am assuming that an air scoop is NOT required with this engine? Because I don't have one yet, air scoops are still a long way down the tech tree. The engine info box message reads:

Cause: Intake Air Deprived

Edited by seamutt

Since I never use them I come across the fact that the Sabre engine produces less thrust in closed cycle compared to airbreathing. In airbreathing I get about 1100kN of thrust but when changing to closed cycle it produces 800kN of thrust. According to the engine stats that is supposed to be exactly right.

I'm used to rapiers where closed cycle produces more thrust, so is the only method adding extra engines or is there a trick I'm unaware of like taking a prerequisite flight path?

If additional engines are used may you recommend which ones from whatever mod pack as long as they're modern or near futuristic?

Edited by Aeroboi

On 6/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, Aeroboi said:

Since I never use them I come across the fact that the Sabre engine produces less thrust in closed cycle compared to airbreathing. In airbreathing I get about 1100kN of thrust but when changing to closed cycle it produces 800kN of thrust. According to the engine stats that is supposed to be exactly right.

I'm used to rapiers where closed cycle produces more thrust, so is the only method adding extra engines or is there a trick I'm unaware of like taking a prerequisite flight path?

If additional engines are used may you recommend which ones from whatever mod pack as long as they're modern or near futuristic?

I don't think that's intentional.  I would certainly think that closed cycle would produce more thrust.  This may have been missed in some previous balance pass ... you don't specify the air-breathing thrust directly, it varies based on external pressure and mach number, so it may not have been obvious at the time.

Bug: (ksp 1.7.1, both dlcs)

I made a variabe nacelle ship. I attached an tweakscaled S2 tank directly to the largest aligator hinge. After a while usign the ship in several missions, the S2 part decided to rotate on it's axis 180 degreees.

The images show the part as it shoudl be (1), and after it rotated (2)

https://imgur.com/mOw057y
https://imgur.com/arY84Zs

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 5:29 AM, Nicky21 said:

Bug: (ksp 1.7.1, both dlcs)

.. tweakscaled S2 tank

As far as im aware..tweakscale is under a semimajor overhaul..with some serious issues needing to be resolved...not sure if your exact issue pertains..but if the part is fine without tweakscale(besides the difference in size)..its possibly a tweakscale issue..

• 1 month later...

Using this in 1.7.9; only problem I'm having is that while the SABRE engines work great in atmosphere, even the slightest throttle in vaccuum causes them to overheat in microseconds and instantly explode.  If I use MJ2's "prevent engine overheats' then it will run at 5-10% throttle which isn't super useful.  All other similar engines ie RAPIER, CLEAVER, etc, work fine.. just the sabres (both S and M) are doing this.  Anyone also having this issue?

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164712.029 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001' not found!
190831T164713.127 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_HL/white' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.