[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

Weird issue just found.  Only happens with the B9 Parts as my other planes load just fine.  Not sure if its a conflict with EVE, SVE, Scaterrer, or SVT.  But something wonky is happening.

https://imgur.com/a/euhRb

Messing around with parts it seems to be the S3 Cockpit causing it.  Here is a pic of just the cockpit spawned causing the weird graphical glitch.

iY3m0in.jpg

Edited by KSPNoob

On 4/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, KSPNoob said:
Weird issue just found.  Only happens with the B9 Parts as my other planes load just fine.  Not sure if its a conflict with EVE, SVE, Scaterrer, or SVT.  But something wonky is happening.

https://imgur.com/a/euhRb

Messing around with parts it seems to be the S3 Cockpit causing it.  Here is a pic of just the cockpit spawned causing the weird graphical glitch.

Have you reported this on any of those threads?  Even if I can reproduce, I doubt there's much I can do about it - the cockpit is just a part after all.

@blowfish I've been having some issues with different RCS thrusters, and wanted to let you know about it.  I first found it on the SETI Probes pack, but it seems there are others, including the B9 Areospace ones.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't another mod interfering with it, and I found some are working correctly (graphics and direction) and others are not.  The graphics are way to bright (blinding in space), and the jets graphics go in the wrong direction (but thrust is in the right direction).  Note I didn't test all thrusters, but tried to grab 1 or 2 per mod I have installed that have them.

Left to Right (* means graphics and direction issues)

KWRocketry - mk1 rcs quad
KWRocketry - mk1-45 rcs quad
NearFuturePropulsion - HeFt-4 Magnetoplasmadynamic rcs block
KerbalReusabilityExpansion - Advanced vernier thruster medium
*B9_Aerospace - R12 RCS Thruster Block
*B9_Aerospace - R5 RCS Thruster Block
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - RQ-5x4 Heavy RCS Block
Squad - RV-105 RCS Thruster Block
NearFutureSpacecraft - RV-105x5 RCS Thruster Block
NearFutureSpacecraft - RX-55 Advanced RCS Block
*UmbraSpaceIndustries - AES RCS Block
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - RQ-5A Aerodynamic Heavy RCS Block
*RealScaleBoosters - Saturn S-IVB Auxiliary Propulsion System
SpaceY-Lifters - SpaceY "Super Dibamus" RCS/OMS Thrust Block
SpaceY-Lifters - SpaceY RCS-5x7 Thruster Block
*SETIprobeParts - RV-15 RCS Thruster Block
*SETIprobeParts - Inline mini rcs

uc?export=view&id=1CLPFyWETVHIIZspFBGRbi

Yep, known issue that I remembered after doing current release (what happen when things aren't in Github issues).  Looks like a pretty simple fix to just duplicate the effects setup from the stock RCS.

8 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Yep, known issue that I remembered after doing current release (what happen when things aren't in Github issues).  Looks like a pretty simple fix to just duplicate the effects setup from the stock RCS.

Great.  I didn't want to add to Github due to the large number of mods I have that could still be causing the issue until I knew it wasn't my setup. I went ahead and created a bug on your github now that it is verified it's not just me. 

Thanks for the great mod!

Hey blowfish, would it be possible for you to make a version of the parts pack which just contains the the engines and intakes? I don't really need all the other parts and right now it's just cluttering up my partlist and making it a bit hard to find parts I need at points. I would do it myself but I haven't a clue how to.

6 hours ago, LjSpike said:

Hey blowfish, would it be possible for you to make a version of the parts pack which just contains the the engines and intakes? I don't really need all the other parts and right now it's just cluttering up my partlist and making it a bit hard to find parts I need at points. I would do it myself but I haven't a clue how to.

Welcome to the forums!  Unfortunately it would be too much work for me to support every request like this.  I can help you through the process though.  B9 is structures such that every subdirectory in B9_Aerospace/Parts can be deleted without affecting anything else.

59 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums!  Unfortunately it would be too much work for me to support every request like this.  I can help you through the process though.  B9 is structures such that every subdirectory in B9_Aerospace/Parts can be deleted without affecting anything else.

Ah ok, thanks. I'm using CKAN to manage my mods and not manually installed. Does that complicate the process?

2 hours ago, LjSpike said:

Ah ok, thanks. I'm using CKAN to manage my mods and not manually installed. Does that complicate the process?

No, not really. But if you are not familiar with folder/file structure and confortable doing it manually, you may consider using Janitor Closet mod. It allows you to remove parts you don't want/need from SPH/VAB editor while keeping everything installed. Might be more comfortable for you using that.

3 hours ago, Oracle255 said:

@blowfish

I'd hate to bother you again.

But can you upload Google drive download link for version 1.4.2 

I'm still having an issue with github download..

Sure, here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B9H2WSbpjx_G7ZNn25OaGZ53D5H5n_Ss

I'll think about setting up a mirror at some point in the future.  Github isn't 100% reliable anyway.

19 hours ago, kcs123 said:

No, not really. But if you are not familiar with folder/file structure and confortable doing it manually, you may consider using Janitor Closet mod. It allows you to remove parts you don't want/need from SPH/VAB editor while keeping everything installed. Might be more comfortable for you using that.

The janitor closet mod. It doesn't appear to be in CKAN? Do you have a link to it?

10 minutes ago, LjSpike said:

The janitor closet mod. It doesn't appear to be in CKAN? Do you have a link to it?

Hi LJ, Janitor closet is ussually available on CKAN, but until things stabilize you might have to check it manually.

Hello all, hello @blowfish

I see you are still going strong with supporting this. Sorry for falling off the radar like this.

You seem to have everything well in hand though.

Congratulations on the latest release! :D

About a year ago I got pulled into the development of MechWarrior: Living Legends as a sound designer. An absolute passion project for me since I have loved Battletech since I was a small lad.

Logo_MWLL_New.png

And unexpectedly this has really payed off for me because it lead to this:

So yeah thinks are looking plenty good on my end.

Keep having fun with KSP and B9 everyone.

Best regards

Edited by Flashblade

3 hours ago, MjrLeeObvious said:

I am having an issue with the HX pack, no parts are appearing for it when the file has been extracted and placed in the KSP game data folder, any help?

Cheers!

I really have no way to tell what's wrong without seeing KSP's log.  If you don't know how to find that, look in the first link in my signature.

38 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I really have no way to tell what's wrong without seeing KSP's log.  If you don't know how to find that, look in the first link in my signature.

KSP: 1.4.3

Problem: Parts from B9 and B9 HX not loading

Mods Installed: 

Airplane Plus v1.4.0

AugmentedReality v2.1.2

B9 HX Parts v6.5.0

B9 Aerospace v6.5.0

Community Resource Pack v0.9.0

Deep Sky v3.0.0

Dr. Jet's Chop Shop v0.11.2

Firespitter v7.6.0

Foxparts v1.0.0

Internal RCS (Version unavailable, assume most recent)

Interstellar Fuel Switch (Same as aforementioned)

JX2 Antenna v2.4.0

Kerbal Historical Institue v3.5.0

Kerbal Reusability Expansion (Version unavailable, assume most recent)

Kerbetrotter Ltd. v1.2.3

MCPJ Alpha Pack v0.1.0

Modular Rocket Systems v1.13.2

OPT Spaceplane Parts v1.9.0 (Is run up to date using the OPT Reconfig mod, v0.1.0)

Patch Manager v0.0.15.0 (Yes, this is correctly input)

Surface Experiment Package (Assume most recent)

Thor Tech v0.9.5

Tweak Scale v2.3.12

Wild Blue Industries v2.4.0

Reproduction Steps:

Load 64bit KSP (Steam based client, booting data off an external 1tb hard drive).

After loading, open a new game. 

Go to either of the building hangars.

You will notice that only a few of the parts show up.

Log:

Output Log

22 minutes ago, MjrLeeObvious said:

Log:

Output Log

Thanks, the log told me exactly what was wrong.  You have B9 installed incorrectly.  In the download zips, you will find a GameData/ directory, you need to put the contents of that into your existing GameData directory.  You instead have the contents of those inside "B9 Main Pack" and "B9 HX Pack", which should not be the case.  Nothing will work if the structure is not correct.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.