blowfish

[1.5.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.5.2 (December 14 2018)

On 8/31/2019 at 7:48 PM, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Hello,

These Errors exists, because the files aren't in the newest download-file.

So others should have the same errors, too.

I just wanted to help and wanted to ask, how to deal with this errors.

---

Sorry for my english, it's only my third language.

Edited by N3N

4 hours ago, N3N said:

And no, before an other one wants to "denounce" me to the "Moderation Team"

No worries, this forum is not about "denouncing" people.  You've got a problem with the mod, you've come to the mod's thread for help figuring it out, you've posted your log files.  Perfectly reasonable, and that's what people do all the time.  You're posting the right info, and you've come to the right place.  So I expect you'll be fine.  ;)

47 minutes ago, Snark said:

No worries, this forum is not about "denouncing" people.  You've got a problem with the mod, you've come to the mod's thread for help figuring it out, you've posted your log files.  Perfectly reasonable, and that's what people do all the time.  You're posting the right info, and you've come to the right place.  So I expect you'll be fine.  ;)

THANK YOU!

On 8/31/2019 at 7:48 AM, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

I created an issue to investigate this.  Not sure how those textures would have gone missing

14 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I created an issue to investigate this.  Not sure how those textures would have gone missing

Hello,

Thank you!

I couldn't find anything relevant by searching this topic but.. is anyone else having a problem of:

1. sabre engines generate ridiculous amounts of heat in a vacuum, but are fine in atmosphere?
2. all the cockpit augmented reality displays are flipped vertically

either of those?  or just me for both?  Not having problems like that with other engines or with "normal" RPM camera displays and I have used B9 for a long time and these both seem new, although I couldn't tell you what KSP version I *first* saw them in.  Using 1.7.3 now.

7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

1. sabre engines generate ridiculous amounts of heat in a vacuum, but are fine in atmosphere?

Haven't noticed them overheating myself (and I just tested).  Any other info you can provide?

7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

2. all the cockpit augmented reality displays are flipped vertically

Known, probably needs a redo of the RPM configurations which I don't know how to do

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Haven't noticed them overheating myself (and I just tested).  Any other info you can provide?

Known, probably needs a redo of the RPM configurations which I don't know how to do

the overheating may be due to a compatibility issue with KSPIE(?) ... basically they work fine in atmo, above 70km though in closed cycle mode they overheat almost instantly at more than 10% throttle.. like *instantaneously* overheat.  I changed the heat production factor in their part configs from 240 down to 150 and that lets me get 50-60% throttle before they explode... but it's weird that even in closed cycle mode they're fine as long as you're inside an atmosphere.  Kerbin's anyway, haven't tried it on Laythe.

If I had to guess on the cameras I'd say something like the cameraTransform= setting might be incompatible between JSI and B9; I can't find where the B9ForwardCamera/etc are defined in B9 however.. gonna have to pull out cygwin or something and do a "find . | xargs grep cam" or something since windows search is terrible...

Edited by ss8913

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

the overheating may be due to a compatibility issue with KSPIE(?) ... basically they work fine in atmo, above 70km though in closed cycle mode they overheat almost instantly at more than 10% throttle.. like *instantaneously* overheat.  I changed the heat production factor in their part configs from 240 down to 150 and that lets me get 50-60% throttle before they explode... but it's weird that even in closed cycle mode they're fine as long as you're inside an atmosphere.  Kerbin's anyway, haven't tried it on Laythe.

If KSPIE might be involved then I'm afraid there's not much I can do.  That mod is a labyrinth of code and configs that I don't have the time to take the time to understand.  Have you tried asking about over in that thread?

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

If I had to guess on the cameras I'd say something like the cameraTransform= setting might be incompatible between JSI and B9; I can't find where the B9ForwardCamera/etc are defined in B9 however.. gonna have to pull out cygwin or something and do a "find . | xargs grep cam" or something since windows search is terrible...

If you look in the Github issue I linked, it is in fact a bug in RPM, but it's not going to be addressed unless someone else takes up maintenance of that mod, and also the B9 prop configs use a legacy system which is much lower priority to support.