[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

1 hour ago, spec111 said:

Hello! All works fine except three parts.

Utility,landing.gear.HDG1A.

Utility.landing.gear.HDG2A.

Engine.Jetpod.Medium.PylonR.

Files is here, but game cants find it. =(

Sounds like you're trying to load a very old craft file.

The pylons were removed a while back.  They are integraded as options into the engines now, so are not needed.

The landing gear will only show up if you have installed KSPWheel separately.  But a few weeks ago they wouldn't have existed at all.

If really, really need this craft, I can help you with the pylon issue.  But if it's that old, then you might be better off starting from scratch.  Balance has changed, so the craft probably won't work the way it used to anyway.

I may have found a bug/error on the B9 part's SABRE engine or its config with RO.

The engine behaves curiously - I cannot switch between modes and am stuck in the closed cycle mode (cannot get it to airbreathing mode) - also, the fuel consumption in CC mode feels strange, like its consuming less fuel than it should.

I have experienced the aforementioned in 1.2.2 with RO plus a suite of mods - I will get back home today and try to reproduce wih only B9 + RO to provide a detailed explanation.

3 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

Just to confirm - SABRE's mode switching is working fine under vanilla KSP + B9?

Yes, at least the last time I checked (which wasn't that long ago).  I know that RO/RF uses a different module for mode switching, but I don't really understand how it works.

On 13.2.2017 at 8:25 PM, NovaSyd said:

Can you share your file for that spaceplane ? It looks neat !

23 hours ago, blowfish said:

@Flashblade ... not sure if you kept the craft file but if so...

The Swiftwind, yeah sure this plane is still around and is also planned for a release. I want to open a hangar on kerbalx as soon as FAR is officially updated again because all my planes have been balanced for FAR. This is not a pure B9 plane though, it needs B9PW and OPT as well. Keep an eye on this thread @NovaSyd . I will make an announcement after the FAR release. :)

1 hour ago, gilflo said:

Thank's for the update !

What about the B9 procedural wings ?

do we still use the Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork ?

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/releases

21 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Yes, that was functional the last time I checked 

The only current issue I am aware of is mirroring issues. The flaps are non functional so no flaps / air brakes for the time being. (I've been noticing a lot of strange mirroring behavior since 1.2 came out)

9 hours ago, kevinwanchenkai said:

how do i instill the HX pack? i overwrite the pack but still can find the engine 

You shouldn't overwrite anything.  Just copy B9_Aerospace_HX into GameData along with everything else.  Maybe start from scratch at this point as you could have some things in a weird state from overwriting.

So I just discovered that there is no way to exit the Mk2b pod due to "the hatch being obstructed" I made sure that nothing was attached to it except to the back node, and i have also tried it in a purely stock game with just B9 just to eliminate the possibly of my modded monster causing weirdness, but even with just the pod on the runway it still says that i can't exit. 

I haven't tried the other pod with the intake due to it being super late and needing to go to sleep but it's a easily repeatable thing with the regular MK2b pod.

24 minutes ago, Grease1991 said:

So I just discovered that there is no way to exit the Mk2b pod due to "the hatch being obstructed" I made sure that nothing was attached to it except to the back node, and i have also tried it in a purely stock game with just B9 just to eliminate the possibly of my modded monster causing weirdness, but even with just the pod on the runway it still says that i can't exit. 

I haven't tried the other pod with the intake due to it being super late and needing to go to sleep but it's a easily repeatable thing with the regular MK2b pod.

Confirmed.  Unfortunately will be somewhat difficult to fix given that bac9 didn't give us the Unity files to work with.  It's probably a matter of just moving the collider that defines the hatch out a little bit, but that's not easy to do if you only have the compiled model.  But these parts are relatively simple so I can probably think about importing them into Blender and then re-exporting.

The intake version does not appear to have the problem, no quite sure what the difference is.

Couple of inquires:

1. Are HX cargo bays or the like planned? Being able to open and close hangers/etc would be nice.

2. Any chance of HX crew quarters or a Bridge (lets face it, when you get to this size it's not a cockpit anymore)?

My Kerbals thank you for the opportunity to build this monstrosity: 

STnCI8J.jpg

9 hours ago, Calhoun said:

Couple of inquires:

1. Are HX cargo bays or the like planned? Being able to open and close hangers/etc would be nice.

2. Any chance of HX crew quarters or a Bridge (lets face it, when you get to this size it's not a cockpit anymore)?

1. Is there a situation in which you need to be able to re-close the bay?  The shields can cover the openings on initial ascent, then can be discarded in space (but in stock areo everything inside the bay will be shielded anyway)
  2. Due to the original artists having left the project no new parts are planned at this time.  Sorry!
Edited by blowfish

2 hours ago, blowfish said:
  1. Is there a situation in which you need to be able to re-close the bay?  The shields can cover the openings on initial ascent, then can be discarded in space (but in stock areo everything inside the bay will be shielded anyway)
  2. Due to the original artists having left the project no new parts are planned at this time.  Sorry!

1. Only for Aesthetics/RP purposes :wink:

2. Ah, OK. 

I appreciate that the M27 Cockpit has its own system for the docking procedure with cameras being place at the center of the reference part etc, but am I correct in thinking that Navyfish's Docking Port Alignment Indicator MFD module is not available on this cockpit?

EDIT: If anyone is interested, I've documented the Docking Procedure using the M27 Cockpit with RPM here: http://imgur.com/a/chUx7

Edited by Poodmund

Been learning python, wrote a script to find configs with uneven numbers of brackets or braces - good times.

Anyway, in B9_Aerospace-DRE.cfg, there's a missing closing brace on the patch that starts:

@PART[B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_6m]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]

There are also missing braces in:

\Parts\Aero_Intake_Ramp\RBM.cfg

\Parts\Aero_Intake_Ramp\RNM.cfg

\Parts\Body_Mk2\body_mk2_section_0m_sas.cfg

Just FYI!

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

3 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Been learning python, wrote a script to find configs with uneven numbers of brackets or braces - good times.

Anyway, in B9_Aerospace-DRE.cfg, there's a missing closing brace on the patch that starts:

@PART[B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_6m]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]

There are also missing braces in:

\Parts\Aero_Intake_Ramp\RBM.cfg

\Parts\Aero_Intake_Ramp\RNM.cfg

\Parts\Body_Mk2\body_mk2_section_0m_sas.cfg

Just FYI!

Nice catch, and fixed!  Probably meant a lot of the DRE patches weren't applying.  For the other files fortunately the missing brace was at the end so it wasn't affecting anything.

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Any chance you'ld be willing to share that? :)

It turned out to be pretty simple - after many more complicated attempts, heh. It looks like this:

import os
import fnmatch

folderpath = "PUT YOUR GAMEDATA FOLDER PATH HERE"

configFileList = [os.path.join(dirpath, f)
    for dirpath, dirnames, files in os.walk(folderpath)
    for f in fnmatch.filter(files, '*.cfg')]

#print('\nThere were ' + str(len(configFileList)) + ' config files in that folder.')

def checkConfigs():
    for elem in configFileList:
        openedFile = open(elem)        
        filePathName = openedFile.name
        fileContent = openedFile.read()

numOpenBraces = fileContent.count('{')
        numCloseBraces = fileContent.count('}')

if numOpenBraces != numCloseBraces:
            print('Check: ' + str(filePathName))
        openedFile.close()

checkConfigs()

It's still more complicated than it needs to be, but you can tweak and make it simpler if you need.

On 3/19/2017 at 3:29 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

It turned out to be pretty simple - after many more complicated attempts, heh. It looks like this:

It's still more complicated than it needs to be, but you can tweak and make it simpler if you need.

THANK YOU!! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.