[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

17 minutes ago, MjrLeeObvious said:

qRRYx3P.pngI am unable to get parts from b9 aerospace, legacy, or hx to load in my game.

Well you definitely have stuff installed wrong.  I'm guessing you copied the contents of the download directly here?  That's not correct.  You need to copy the contents of GameData in the download into your own GameData folder.  It might be worth starting from scratch at this point (delete everything but Squad and reinstall)

E: And welcome to the forums!

Edited by blowfish

1 hour ago, MjrLeeObvious said:

When you say my own Game Data folder, where should that be located, and I assume that the squad game data will stay in the original folder?

Your existing GameData folder is the one that Squad is currently in.  It should have contents looking something like this:

• Squad/
  • B9_Aerospace/
  • B9PartSwitch/
  • ModuleManager-x.x.x.dll

Also it is not recommended to mod your Steam install (KSP can update automatically and badly break mods).  Best to copy it somewhere else (it'll work fine) and mod there.

I downloaded directly into the GameData folder, and then extracted it into the same folder, then removed the compressed files and left the extracted ones, however, I get bits and pieces of the main B9 pack, however none from the Legacy and HX packs. What step did I do incorrectly? (Sorry for all of the inconvenience)

3 hours ago, MjrLeeObvious said:

I downloaded directly into the GameData folder, and then extracted it into the same folder, then removed the compressed files and left the extracted ones, however, I get bits and pieces of the main B9 pack, however none from the Legacy and HX packs. What step did I do incorrectly? (Sorry for all of the inconvenience)

Well something is probably still installed wrong.  Honestly the easiest way to see exactly what's in GameData is if you upload KSP's log, instructions on how to find that are in the support link in my signature.

Sort of bug report - recently I tried to make 1.2 -> 1.3 transition (due to FAR having been actually released) and found out that most of my planes do not voxelize properly in FAR. I managed to track it down to B9 SNM/SM struts. The reason is B9 struts use Squad modules to make themselves work as, well, struts, but in 1.3 we've got new neat feature of moving both ends of the stock strut in editor and strut in 1.3 now has more complex object structure. Attaching Blender screenshots to illustrate this. Not sure if there is any point in fixing B9 model, but as long as you experience issues with FAR voxelization and SNM/SM struts, trivial ModuleManager patch should help

@PART[B9*Structure*SN*Strut]:FINAL
{
        -MODULE[GeometryPartModule] { }
        -MODULE[FARAeroPartModule] { }
        -MODULE[FARPartModule] { }
}

Old strut

New strut

15 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

hi guys! quick question! I am using the mod in 1.2.2 and somehow I'm not getting the swept-angle defining mode for my wings. I know this feature was added in 01010101Izy's B9 Procedural Wings Modified mod but I thought it was later included into B9's official mod?

Nope, those are still a separate mod.  No procedural wings here.

2 hours ago, MjrLeeObvious said:

Could you post a screenshot of what the game data folder should look like?

Should look something like this

Spoiler
  • B9_Aerospace
    • Angencies
    • FX
    • Parts
    • Props
    • (some more folders and files)
  • B9_Aerospace_HX (optional, contents look similar to B9_Aerospace)
  • B9_Aerospace_Legacy (optional, contents look similar to B9_Aerospace)
  • B9AnimationModules
  • B9PartSwitch
  • Firespitter
  • JSI
  • SmokeScreen
  • Squad
  • ModuleManager.x.x.x.dll (where x.x.x stands for the version number)

I was just thinking...could you perhaps make parts for something similar to this? 4e97f66e57cf6203d77e439f598d1ded14843365 I really like the design of that ship and I will post my attempt to make a variant of that ship and honestly that design seems like something you would make...just make the central dome an observation room and perhaps make an engine with that trail? Lukari_Alpha.png here is a top view of the ship

Is it possible to make B9 sensor package "compatible" with Contracts mechanism? What I mean is that I would like for B9 sensor packages to meet requirements of several science parts.

B9_Control_ACU (and B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_ASAS) should meet requirements for temperature, barometer, gravioli detector and for accelerometer.

B9_Control_ASAS should meet requirements for atmosferic analysis.

Currently I fail to do it, so I was hoping that someone solved this problem already, or that it is known that it cannot be solved ATM.

On the side note: have anyone made B9_Control_ASAS to work AT ALL? This science package doesn't even show me popup menu when right-clicked...

Sorry all, but there will be no new or modified assets for the foreseeable future.  All of the original artists are gone, and I am not an artist (or not a very good one at least, and I certainly don't have time to improve my skills right now).  So for now changes will be limited to balance and behavior tweaks.  New parts and modified textures are not currently possible.  If someone wants to contribute on this front they are welcome to, however.

1 hour ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

Is it possible to make B9 sensor package "compatible" with Contracts mechanism? What I mean is that I would like for B9 sensor packages to meet requirements of several science parts.

B9_Control_ACU (and B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_ASAS) should meet requirements for temperature, barometer, gravioli detector and for accelerometer.

B9_Control_ASAS should meet requirements for atmosferic analysis.

Currently I fail to do it, so I was hoping that someone solved this problem already, or that it is known that it cannot be solved ATM.

On the side note: have anyone made B9_Control_ASAS to work AT ALL? This science package doesn't even show me popup menu when right-clicked...

I'll look into whether these parts are behaving correctly.

Edited by blowfish

19 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Is there a B9 procedural Wings Modified for 1.3? B9 aerospace works great!

Both versions of procedural wings are updated for KSP 1.3.:

You can download them from github link: https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/releases

Although, there was report of bug with procedural wing control surfaces and flaps being deflected in wrong direction on symetry wing. Can't tell if that is fixed or not and unfortunately Crzyrndm is run out of free time for maintenance of those mods:

FYI I'm adding the below to my KIS MM-StockParts.cfg file to override the runtime-calculated volumes for the 4x4 and 8x8 universal panels since they seem to be incorrect.

The 1x1 panel has a volume of 100 liters, and the 2x2 is 400 liters, this makes sense. However the 4x4 panel (16 of the 1x1 panel units) has a volume of 4000 instead of 1600. And the 8x8 has a volume of 16,100 instead of 6400.

@PART[B9_Structure_P4_Surface]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
		volumeOverride = 1600
		editorItemsCategory = false
	}
}

@PART[B9_Structure_P8_Surface]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
		volumeOverride = 6400
		editorItemsCategory = false
	}
}

On 9/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, kcs123 said:

Both versions of procedural wings are updated for KSP 1.3.:

You can download them from github link: https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/releases

Although, there was report of bug with procedural wing control surfaces and flaps being deflected in wrong direction on symetry wing. Can't tell if that is fixed or not and unfortunately Crzyrndm is run out of free time for maintenance of those mods:

Thanks and I also want Infernal robotics for 1.3 with the tab working to please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.