[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

They're not configured as landing legs, just as a simple animation.  I looked briefly into what it might take to configure them as actual legs a while ago and it looks like it would be a lot of work.

Alright, does that mean they are more or less just extending struts with no suspension then?  Just wondering if I can make them work for my large landing mothership....  It's meant to land on low G moons....

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I looked briefly into what it might take to configure them as actual legs a while ago and it looks like it would be a lot of work.

Things have changed since the days of 0.25, but I can assure you that back then, legs very much were a lot of work. They look to be more work now.

Edited by taniwha

3 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Alright, does that mean they are more or less just extending struts with no suspension then?  Just wondering if I can make them work for my large landing mothership....  It's meant to land on low G moons....

Yeah, no suspension.  In my experience it usually works fine though.

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

Things have changed since the days of 0.25, but I can assure you that back then, legs very much were a lot of work. They look to be more work now.

Hmmm....  yay??  :(

Just now, blowfish said:

Yeah, no suspension.  In my experience it usually works fine though.

Yay!! :)

6 minutes ago, Munar pilot said:

When are we getting 1.4.1 support? I would love it, but it isnt available. If not, is there a beta version I can try?

Really nothing in B9 itself should have to change, it's just a question of the dependencies.  And other than B9 Animation Modules (which will probably just work) I think they're all updated at this point.  I'll get around to a real release at some point soon - just not the sort of thing you can rush.

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

Really nothing in B9 itself should have to change, it's just a question of the dependencies.  And other than B9 Animation Modules (which will probably just work) I think they're all updated at this point.  I'll get around to a real release at some point soon - just not the sort of thing you can rush.

Ok, I love the mod, always a required mod for me.

Several posts have been removed here.  Folks, please don't pester mod authors for updates.  They know when they need to update things, and breathing down their necks and jostling their elbows doesn't help.  Remember that they're giving you shiny toys for free, in their spare time, which has to take a back seat to IRL responsibilities.  So, please show a little appreciation by being patient.  And read through the recent thread posts before you post-- there's a good chance your question may have been answered already, anyway.

Thank you for your understanding.

Just wanted to let you know that the plume on some of the engines is not working. At full thrust the nozzle heats up red but there is no fire lol. I assumed the assets changed for them with the DLC and the new plumes for the basic engines. Thanks for keeping up the good work! :) I look forward to full release!!

2 minutes ago, vmatt1203 said:

Just wanted to let you know that the plume on some of the engines is not working. At full thrust the nozzle heats up red but there is no fire lol. I assumed the assets changed for them with the DLC and the new plumes for the basic engines. Thanks for keeping up the good work! :) I look forward to full release!!

Are you sure that SmokeScreen is installed and working correctly?  As usual I can't really help if you don't provide logs.

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Are you sure that SmokeScreen is installed and working correctly?  As usual I can't really help if you don't provide logs.

I just downloaded the current smoke screen (even though I assume the one you included was the newest) I'm re loading KSP as I type this. Let see if that was it. How do I generate a log file for it? I have never had to...

1 minute ago, vmatt1203 said:

I just downloaded the current smoke screen (even though I assume the one you included was the newest) I'm re loading KSP as I type this. Let see if that was it. How do I generate a log file for it? I have never had to...

Instructions are in the "How to get support" link in my signature.

On 3/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, Jim123 said:

are you working on updating for ksp just curious since i really love this mod?

He is, it is almost ready, you can download the mod and the latest versions of it's dependencies and it should work, I am doing so now.

EDIT: It is working for sure if you update dependencies. I will attach my files for B9 updated for 1.4
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1swgyFb9qnIP3YRoz91qDMAPmmgcsdSOb

Edited by Munar pilot

I installed everything correctly, but then the MFD is not working at all. It says something about the config and an Initialization Error. I also tried restarting my game, and it didn't fix it. Can someone please help me?

Edited by shkody_koshka

50 minutes ago, shkody_koshka said:

I installed everything correctly, but then the MFD is not working at all. It says something about the config and an Initialization Error. I also tried restarting my game, and it didn't fix it. Can someone please help me?

Check my comment, I have a working version of B9 for 1.4

15 hours ago, Munar pilot said:

He is, it is almost ready, you can download the mod and the latest versions of it's dependencies and it should work, I am doing so now.

EDIT: It is working for sure if you update dependencies. I will attach my files for B9 updated for 1.4
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1swgyFb9qnIP3YRoz91qDMAPmmgcsdSOb

Is said B9 updated, along with its dependencies? Also, does it include B9 HX?

4 hours ago, AwesomeDude3664 said:

Is said B9 updated, along with its dependencies? Also, does it include B9 HX?

It is standard B9, and I updated the dependencies, working on fixing the only issue with B9, which is the RCS thruster plumes being over a meter long. You have to download HX and install it, and it should work.

22 hours ago, Munar pilot said:

It is standard B9, and I updated the dependencies, working on fixing the only issue with B9, which is the RCS thruster plumes being over a meter long. You have to download HX and install it, and it should work.

Okay, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

B9 Aerospace v6.5.0 for KSP 1.4.2

• Release for KSP 1.4.2
  • Fix Tetragon Projects agency not having a title
  • Fix incorrect bulkhead profiles
  • Switch landing gear from FStextureSwitch2 to ModuleB9PartSwitch
    • Shielding now costs and masses a bit more but gives better heat tolerance
  • Fix HL Cockpit RCS transforms facing the wrong way
  • Fix Mk5 cockpit having an invalid collider
  • Fix not being able to exit Mk2b cockpit
  • Fix face normal issues on Mk2b intake cockpit
  • Smoothing adjustments on HL, Mk5, Mk2b, Mk2b intake cockpits
  • Fix 6m HL Fuselage giving warnings about transforms that don't exist
  • Disable props that no longer exist so they don't spam the log

4 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

What Landing gear is shielded?  I don't see an option in game to apply this.

The Legacy B9 Landing gear.  It will only show up in the first place if you have KSPWheel installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.