[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

1 hour ago, SciMan said:

OK, but the log file is like 7MB.

https://gist.github.com/SciMan314/8a699b698ac2cafbf5743ff740ca3031

Github gist is an alternative to PasteBin that is free and doesn't seem to have a file-size limit, unlike PasteBin which has a free limit of 512kb per file.

Well, it looks to me like you don't have the main B9 pack installed.  It would be at GameData/B9_Aerospace/ but no such directory exists in your install.

• 4 weeks later...

B9 Aerospace v6.5.2 for KSP 1.5.x

• Release for KSP 1.5.x
  • Fix HX hanger bays aerodynamic shielding
  • Fix HX hangar shields getting stuck upon decoupling
  • Fix shading issues on HL, S2, Mk5, Mk2b cockpits

Note: dependencies are compiled for KSP 1.5.1, to use with a different version of KSP 1.5.x, you may need to download the dependencies separately.

Note 2: Had some issues with the automatic upload to the S3 download mirror, will deal with that tomorrow.

Edited by blowfish

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SilentReaper said:

How come its not compatible with 1.6.0? Its what im running, since I bought the game. When can I expect to be able to play KSP with this mod again? Its an amazing mod, I dont want to wait months before I can put it back on the roster.

Why not try it after making a backup of your KSP? It works flawless as far I seen on KSP 1.6.

10 hours ago, SilentReaper said:

How come its not compatible with 1.6.0? Its what im running, since I bought the game. When can I expect to be able to play KSP with this mod again? Its an amazing mod, I dont want to wait months before I can put it back on the roster.

There is an issue with 1.6.0 which is made considerably worse by the presence of ModuleManager so I'm not doing anything with mods yet.  Waiting until the new year to see if Squad addresses it or not, it sounds like they are aware at least.

10 hours ago, SilentReaper said:

ive tried. It doesent work. It freezes and crashes on startup while loading all the mods.

If you really must use mods with 1.6 right now (and I highly recommend against it), you can do this: every time you change your installed mods (add, remove, or upgrade), start KSP and let it load to the main menu.  Then quit and without changing anything reload KSP.  ModuleManager should load from cache the 2nd time which will greatly decrease your chance of seeing these issues.  But it's a pain and I still don't recommend it.

And since I forgot last time, welcome to the forums!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

How do the HW21 Heavy Wings work. I've been trying to make a SSTO with them but noticed today that when placing them the CoL moves maybe a meter.

Struggled for ages with this :D then stuck on the stock Fat wings and was shocked to see how far forward it moved. Been trying for a while lol.

Is this how they are meant to work?

I'm on KSP 1.4.5 using Dkavolis' fork of FAR

Was going to try an install with just B9 and FAR later but thought i'd ask in the meantime.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@blowfish Hi

I'm starting to work on my stational cunstruct mod again, question is, will your b9 animation module work fine in 1.6.1 or does it need a recompile? my mod depends on that one

It should be fine, it hasn't needed a code change in ages.  I should probably recompile and bump the AVC version just to maintain CKAN compatibility though.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, i know it's a long shot, but would it be possible for me to contribute a model in a similar vein to B9's style? i'm trying to learn modding/game design and could use some help with learning how to get stuff to work.

1 hour ago, Atatra said:

hi there, i know it's a long shot, but would it be possible for me to contribute a model in a similar vein to B9's style? i'm trying to learn modding/game design and could use some help with learning how to get stuff to work.

I don't thing that anyone would refuse help of any kind, for any mod. However, most of other moders are lacking of free time to explain each workflow detail from begining to the finished model/product. (Speaking from experience within other moder community for different game). So, you would probably have better luck with questions how to start in this forum:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/15-modelling-and-texturing-discussion/

There you probably would found answer for your questions much quicker. Whenever you stuck with some problem. And vast majority of questions might already being answered too.

24 minutes ago, GuioVyond said:

update 1.6.1

You could work on your tone ... a politely phrased reminder might have encouraged me to work on it, but comments like this make me want to delay it just out of spite.

Is there anything that prevents it from working with 1.6.1? From what I've seen, the plugins are updated, so it should be possible to use the mod with 1.6.1 if the plugins are updated manually - or are there any issues that prevent that from being the case?

Only thing I'm in doubt about is the Firespitter plugin - but that's because I haven't been able to find the download for it at all.

1 hour ago, wasmic said:

Is there anything that prevents it from working with 1.6.1? From what I've seen, the plugins are updated, so it should be possible to use the mod with 1.6.1 if the plugins are updated manually - or are there any issues that prevent that from being the case?

Only thing I'm in doubt about is the Firespitter plugin - but that's because I haven't been able to find the download for it at all.

Try it and see. Mods last released for 1.4 tend to work very well in 1.6. And blowfish is always on the ball afaik with B9PS releases.

Also, this: https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases

On 3/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, Red Stapler said:

It's very clearly stated on the 1st post in this thread by blowfish under "Installment Instructions".   Please take a moment to read through before you ask any more questions.  Tnx.

English clearly isn't this guy's first language. If someone can't communicate effectively, then they might not understand instructions designed for those who can.  You would better serve the community by ignoring his posts if you don't have the patience to help. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.