[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

On 8/31/2019 at 7:48 PM, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Hello,

These Errors exists, because the files aren't in the newest download-file.

So others should have the same errors, too.

I just wanted to help and wanted to ask, how to deal with this errors.

---

Sorry for my english, it's only my third language.

Edited by N3N

4 hours ago, N3N said:

And no, before an other one wants to "denounce" me to the "Moderation Team"

No worries, this forum is not about "denouncing" people.  You've got a problem with the mod, you've come to the mod's thread for help figuring it out, you've posted your log files.  Perfectly reasonable, and that's what people do all the time.  You're posting the right info, and you've come to the right place.  So I expect you'll be fine.  ;)

47 minutes ago, Snark said:

No worries, this forum is not about "denouncing" people.  You've got a problem with the mod, you've come to the mod's thread for help figuring it out, you've posted your log files.  Perfectly reasonable, and that's what people do all the time.  You're posting the right info, and you've come to the right place.  So I expect you'll be fine.  ;)

THANK YOU!

I couldn't find anything relevant by searching this topic but.. is anyone else having a problem of:

1. sabre engines generate ridiculous amounts of heat in a vacuum, but are fine in atmosphere?
2. all the cockpit augmented reality displays are flipped vertically

either of those?  or just me for both?  Not having problems like that with other engines or with "normal" RPM camera displays and I have used B9 for a long time and these both seem new, although I couldn't tell you what KSP version I *first* saw them in.  Using 1.7.3 now.

7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

1. sabre engines generate ridiculous amounts of heat in a vacuum, but are fine in atmosphere?

Haven't noticed them overheating myself (and I just tested).  Any other info you can provide?

7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

2. all the cockpit augmented reality displays are flipped vertically

Known, probably needs a redo of the RPM configurations which I don't know how to do

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Haven't noticed them overheating myself (and I just tested).  Any other info you can provide?

Known, probably needs a redo of the RPM configurations which I don't know how to do

the overheating may be due to a compatibility issue with KSPIE(?) ... basically they work fine in atmo, above 70km though in closed cycle mode they overheat almost instantly at more than 10% throttle.. like *instantaneously* overheat.  I changed the heat production factor in their part configs from 240 down to 150 and that lets me get 50-60% throttle before they explode... but it's weird that even in closed cycle mode they're fine as long as you're inside an atmosphere.  Kerbin's anyway, haven't tried it on Laythe.

If I had to guess on the cameras I'd say something like the cameraTransform= setting might be incompatible between JSI and B9; I can't find where the B9ForwardCamera/etc are defined in B9 however.. gonna have to pull out cygwin or something and do a "find . | xargs grep cam" or something since windows search is terrible...

Edited by ss8913

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

the overheating may be due to a compatibility issue with KSPIE(?) ... basically they work fine in atmo, above 70km though in closed cycle mode they overheat almost instantly at more than 10% throttle.. like *instantaneously* overheat.  I changed the heat production factor in their part configs from 240 down to 150 and that lets me get 50-60% throttle before they explode... but it's weird that even in closed cycle mode they're fine as long as you're inside an atmosphere.  Kerbin's anyway, haven't tried it on Laythe.

If KSPIE might be involved then I'm afraid there's not much I can do.  That mod is a labyrinth of code and configs that I don't have the time to take the time to understand.  Have you tried asking about over in that thread?

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

If I had to guess on the cameras I'd say something like the cameraTransform= setting might be incompatible between JSI and B9; I can't find where the B9ForwardCamera/etc are defined in B9 however.. gonna have to pull out cygwin or something and do a "find . | xargs grep cam" or something since windows search is terrible...

If you look in the Github issue I linked, it is in fact a bug in RPM, but it's not going to be addressed unless someone else takes up maintenance of that mod, and also the B9 prop configs use a legacy system which is much lower priority to support.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, zoaz123 said:

is there anyway to make this work in the latest ksp version? this was one of my all time mods when i played early last year and i was curious if there is a way to make it work with an up to date game

What makes you think it doesn’t work in 1.7.3?

Easiest thing would be to try it.

I have installed HX Pack, game loads fine, but I cannot find the parts specific to this pack and only the reactor is the only part that is loading. How can I solve this issue? Thanks.

Edit: I have installed every dependencies for this pack as well as the Core pack into my game.

Edited by Animuuuuu

19 minutes ago, Animuuuuu said:

I have installed HX Pack, game loads fine, but I cannot find the parts specific to this pack and only the reactor is the only part that is loading. How can I solve this issue? Thanks.

Edit: I have installed every dependencies for this pack as well as the Core pack into my game.

Ok, so please post a link to the log file

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Problem: KSP 1.8 stops loading here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1906129022

Mods installed:

B9 Aerospace HX parts pack version 6.5.2

B9 Aerospace parts pack version 6.5.2

B9 Aerospace procedural wings version 0.91

B9 Aerospace props version 6.5.2

B9 Animation modules version 1.5.1

B9 Parts switch version 2.10.1

Raster Prop Monitor version 0.30.6

Module manager version 4.0.3

Log file:

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP_x64_Data/output_log.txt

It's really long (since KSP ver 1.3.1 so it's really really long. Sorry.)

@Gleb 1.8 isn't supported yet (although it's really about the dependencies, probably one of them that hasn't updated yet is failing somewhere).  Your log file "link" is also just the path on your machine (hint: try that on a different computer then look at what the contents of the url actually are)

------------------

And since we're now on this topic anyway, it looks like RasterPropMonitor is going to be a problem going forward as development has stopped.  I see two options:

1. Port the B9 props to MAS.  I have neither the time nor skill to do this.
  2. Replace the props with something more standard.  I have neither the time or skill to do this.

If anyone more IVA-savvy is willing to contribute here, it would be a huge help to keep B9 up and running.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, blowfish said:

And since we're now on this topic anyway, it looks like RasterPropMonitor is going to be a problem going forward as development has stopped. 

@blowfish I'm adopting RPM for the foreseeable future.  I'd like to chat with you about B9 and RPM integration though - what's the best way to contact you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 4:00 AM, Nyarlathotep- said:

Everything I have tested in B9 so far still works in 1.8.1 for me, its likely something is conflicting for those who are having problems

Hmmm... I was so desperate to get HX working I reinstalled 1.8 from scratch and tried again with ONLY that mod and its dependencies... The rest of B9 worked, but not the HX package.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:28 PM, jrdurant said:

Hmmm... I was so desperate to get HX working I reinstalled 1.8 from scratch and tried again with ONLY that mod and its dependencies... The rest of B9 worked, but not the HX package.

I just installed 1.8.1, dropped in all 3 B9 packs and updated the dependencies. No problems loading, unless you mean inside the game itself something is wrong with the HX parts?

On 1/27/2020 at 4:30 PM, Drew Kerman said:

I just installed 1.8.1, dropped in all 3 B9 packs and updated the dependencies. No problems loading, unless you mean inside the game itself something is wrong with the HX parts?

Sorry for the late reply, but correct, I could not find the HX parts at all. I suppose I'll have another look at my dependencies. Not the most experienced at modding KSP, as you can tell. 

3 hours ago, jrdurant said:

I could not find the HX parts at all.

Perhaps you're using CKAN? Maybe HX is not marked as compatible with current KSP (as it hasn't needed actual updates in a long time). You'll have to enable your CKAN to sow mods for older versions of KSP. I'm a manual install kind of guy so I can't guide you to that switch.

16 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Perhaps you're using CKAN? Maybe HX is not marked as compatible with current KSP (as it hasn't needed actual updates in a long time). You'll have to enable your CKAN to sow mods for older versions of KSP. I'm a manual install kind of guy so I can't guide you to that switch.

I also usually install manually as well, turned out to be my issue here. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything with CKAN, and we're all set. Thanks! Verified working in 1.8.1. 

11 hours ago, jrdurant said:

I also usually install manually as well, turned out to be my issue here. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything with CKAN, and we're all set. Thanks! Verified working in 1.8.1. 

Neither, manual install or trough CKAN is completely foolproof. Manual installs can be tedious and when you doing install when you are tired or sleepy, it is easy to make oversight and create silly mistake. On the other hand, CKAN installs are only good as how good is metadata written, to know conflicts with other mods installed, dependency mods etc. Key is to know how mods work behind a scene, so you can detect install mistakes, regardless of install method, manual or trough CKAN.

While CKAN is improved a lot over the yers and users also become better with manual installs, mistakes still happens. It is good to detect those early, so that developers don't waste time in attempt to solve bugs that don't exist.

I had a problem using the B9 mk1 cargo bay (2m length) near the nose of a vertically launched rocket. The rocket kept flipping at around 90 m/s. Does the bay generate lift or have a drag problem?

It was behaving like I had a wing near the nose, or a very heavy drag part radially attached, none of which was the case. Replacing the B9 mk1 cargo bay with a stock fairing immediately fixed the problem.

My thoughts on diagnosing it:

1. I'm not an expert at reading cfg part files, but the only entry I see for "lift" depends on Ferram FAR. I have never installed FAR so I don't think the mk1 cargo bay is generating lift.
  2. If not a lift issue, is there a drag cube problem with the part? Excessive drag could cause a flip. I've used that bay in planes without issues, but the planes had it installed further back, not the nose of a rocket.
  3. I know many cargo bays don't properly shield parts inside from drag. My inside parts were small stock parts arranged on the centerline, so wouldn't cause the type of sideways lift/drag I seemed to get. The parts were small stock mono tank, OKTO 2 probe, battery, reaction wheel, and experiment storage unit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.