[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

16 hours ago, rpayne88 said:

I've got a bit of a weird problem with the Mk2 Cockpit: nothing attaches correctly to its attachment point.  Regardless of what part I try to attach, stock, B9, ect., the part always clips into the cockpit and attaches ~500mm too high. ... SNIPPED FOR BREVITY ...Update: This seems to be the case with EVERY B9 part.

I think it's a common problem that's existed for several years. I avoid the B9 mk2 parts and use Mk2 Stockalike Expansion when I need more Mk2 parts.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:11 PM, DeadJohn said:

I think it's a common problem that's existed for several years. I avoid the B9 mk2 parts and use Mk2 Stockalike Expansion when I need more Mk2 parts.

Except that its EVERY B9 part, not just the Mk. 2.

8 hours ago, rpayne88 said:

Except that its EVERY B9 part, not just the Mk. 2.

I misunderstood your problem.  I thought you were having a problem because the profile of B9 mk2 parts weren't lining up with the profile of stock mk2 parts. That was a problem I had with KSP 1.7.3.

As I recall, the parts I used most often were the "S2" and "S2 wide" parts for SSTO cargo shuttles, and the "M27" cockpits for orbital tugs. I don't recall node placement errors with those parts. Maybe things have gotten worse since 1.7.3 or maybe some other mod is conflicting.

Check that the dependencies for B9 are good for your version of KSP. I no longer know the status of Firespitter; maybe that's broken in 1.10.1. Good luck getting things to work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! Thanks for the great mod!

I installed it yesterday with FAR, working fine until I removed FAR

Now when loading the game I get stuck loading a particular part I think - It says 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engines/Engine_T2_SRBS/T2/B9_Engine_T2_SRBS'. The game just will not load past that point.

Any ideas? I don't really want to use FAR anymore but it seems to work when that is installed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 7:20 AM, GM2021 said:

Hey! Thanks for the great mod!

I installed it yesterday with FAR, working fine until I removed FAR

Now when loading the game I get stuck loading a particular part I think - It says 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engines/Engine_T2_SRBS/T2/B9_Engine_T2_SRBS'. The game just will not load past that point.

Any ideas? I don't really want to use FAR anymore but it seems to work when that is installed.

Can you check for a leftover empty FerramAerospaceResearch directory in GameData?

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Can you check for a leftover empty FerramAerospaceResearch directory in GameData?

Thanks for they reply. I ended up fixing it by getting a fork of pWings that wasn't dependent on FAR. I have no idea how that was causing an issue with B9 Aerospace though. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been using the B9 modules (latest ones on CKAN, with CKAN set to allow KSP versions back a few versions) - everything seems to work except for some of the part animations; like the surface-attached landing lights, the little doors don't open anymore.. lights still function but the animations, no.  Not sure if this is a known issue or not.  Obviously this mod isn't "1.11 official" but thought I'd mention it since I don't see it mentioned going back to late 2019, in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 7:53 PM, Abducted_Cow said:

Erm, here is my log download if it helps. I am new to troubleshooting mods and navigating kerbal files so sorry if I do anything dumb: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjg41tv2ayxop15/Player.log?dl=0

I see a lot of errors coming from TweakScale,   In particular references to https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ... that seems like a good place to start

On 3/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, SilverlightPony said:

I don't have time to learn Waterfall right now but if someone else wants to make it work I'll gladly accept a PR.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, Reeeeee said:

Could this mod please please please get an update to 1.12? I don't mind how petty the update is, as long as its stable and able to be run on the later versions :(

Ummm, 1.12 hasn't even been released yet.

Also, what makes you think it won't work?  It's a parts-only mod, so should work without any problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It works in 1.12.  The only thing is that since .. 1.11 or so, none of the animated parts (like the opening doors on some of the lights, etc), none of that works.  Lights still work, just the animations don't.  Not sure if that's easy or hard to fix, I suppose someone, maybe me, could try a recompile against 1.12, but I haven't done it yet.

• 1 month later...

From using this mod in the current version. I've noticed no RCS sound, lights don't light up and parts can't be used be used as part of the EVA construction.  I've fixed the latter by pasting:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoPart
        packedVolume = 40
    }

Into parts which allows me to manipulate them in EVA. However I've had no luck managing to get the RCS to sound or the lights to light up. Could anyone set me off in the right direction?

Thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.