Jump to content

[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I can look into it.  Can you file a bug report at Github so I don't forget?  Be sure to include logs!  A copy of GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache would also be helpful!

will do... if i can figure out how to use github. also just saying i have a multitude of mods soooooooo maybe that's not such a good idea.... >.>

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AntiMatter001 said:

will do... if i can figure out how to use github. also just saying i have a multitude of mods soooooooo maybe that's not such a good idea.... >.>

Well, if it's caused by an interaction with another mod then I'm never going to be able to reproduce, but I might be able to see based on logs and config cache.  Sure, they're both huge files but I know how to search through them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, blowfish said:

Well, if it's caused by an interaction with another mod then I'm never going to be able to reproduce, but I might be able to see based on logs and config cache.  Sure, they're both huge files but I know how to search through them.

even through i haven't yet given the logs or update to the problem i'd like to thank you blowfish for your help ^-^ probably the most friendly mod-updater i've met 

 

EDIT: done it's on github. happy trolling through that mess.... (...sorry)

Edited by AntiMatter001
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mkalaska said:

Was just curious if B9 was like most mods and can be safely" loaded into a 1.3.1 version of KSP or should I hold off?

Maybe.

It's a parts mod, but it has plugin mods (e.g. RPM) as dependencies. If the dependencies work in 1.3.1, then B9 should Bfine.

....that pun was bad, and I should feel bad.

For the record, I am not a modder, so I can't guarantee it will work, nor can I help you if it doesn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a problem with the mk2b cockpit, even if i dont put anything on the cockpit (except for ladders) it's hatch is still obstructed, but the one with intake doesn't do this. maybe the hatch is behind it on the attachment node, but theres no ramp part from the airplane plus mod that gives a door/ramp part for mk2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nightguard said:

i have a problem with the mk2b cockpit, even if i dont put anything on the cockpit (except for ladders) it's hatch is still obstructed, but the one with intake doesn't do this. maybe the hatch is behind it on the attachment node, but theres no ramp part from the airplane plus mod that gives a door/ramp part for mk2.

Yeah, it's a known issue.  Unfortunately I don't have access to any of the original model sources so fixing it is going to be a ton of work (why I haven't gotten to it yet)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erman Kerman said:

Just out of curiosity, will you guys ever add more parts? Or will you just make it work for newer versions? Just wondering, not trying to push you! :D

All the original artists have left unfortunately, and I'm not much of an artist myself.  So for now it's just maintenance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blowfish said:

All the original artists have left unfortunately, and I'm not much of an artist myself.  So for now it's just maintenance.

ARTISTS AND PART MAKERS AND MODELERS WANTED

 

HELP WANTED

 

HELP MAKE B9 GREAT AGAIN!!!

lol

Edited by Nightguard
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i made an account to ask one question :P. among the parts B9 offers the y adapter (protective cap) and if you select the sub part battery it has a ludicris volum of 512,000 capacity. so i think this is way overpowered. I nerfed my own part by changing the base volume from 36 to 6 giving it 12,000 volume. It makes any fuels useless but lets be real here a 512k battery for 30 :P kerbal dollars is kind of overpowered . i dont know if there is anything you could do to make it balanced either : (

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

Hello. Is it possible to modify the size limits on the B9 procedural wing parts?

IIRC, it was possible trough config files or with re-compile (forked)version of B9 wings, can't recall details. But original author of this mod didn't recommend it because textures and shape angles of those parts no longer properly match with other parts or something. Therefore it is recommended to use 2-3 parts for very large wing surface area instead with just one piece. There was discussion about it long time ago in author original thread for B9 procedural wings development.

FPS performance between one piece wing and 3 piece wing parts are almost non measurable, so, I guess it was one lesser evil from two to choose, good matching parts for wings or just one wing piece for performance increase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 4:29 PM, Kuktar said:

Ok i made an account to ask one question :P. among the parts B9 offers the y adapter (protective cap) and if you select the sub part battery it has a ludicris volum of 512,000 capacity. so i think this is way overpowered. I nerfed my own part by changing the base volume from 36 to 6 giving it 12,000 volume. It makes any fuels useless but lets be real here a 512k battery for 30 :P kerbal dollars is kind of overpowered . i dont know if there is anything you could do to make it balanced either : (

I'm tempted to just remove the battery option from that part.  It's the only one using the battery tank type...

14 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

Hello. Is it possible to modify the size limits on the B9 procedural wing parts?

There's a dedicated B9 Procedural Wings thread, no idea here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

I assume not all problems with lights illuminating planets have been fixed:

Lights on: https://imgur.com/GNQFPfj

Lights off: https://imgur.com/8myk3FW

The part is A1 spot light. I am using EVE and scatterer, but I am not sure if they can cause any issues with B9 lights.

Sorry, I don't see where the light is illuminating the planet.  I see the vessel being illuminated but all I can see in the background are some city lights in both screeshots.

Edited by blowfish
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Sorry, I don't see where the light is illuminating the planet.  I see the vessel being illuminated but all I can see in the background are some city lights in both screeshots.

The illumination effect is not as apparent as it used to be, but it is possible to notice planet being slightly illuminated.

https://imgur.com/trpZnxK - yellow circle is where spotlights are located. Compare part of the ocean in the red circle to other locations. You can see that it is not monotonously dark, but has a lighter color with gradient. 

The difference is more apparent if you compare the same location with lights turned off: https://imgur.com/VANt2iz The area in the red circle as well as the rest of the ocean has the same uniform color.

 

As I said the effect is barely noticeable(or maybe my eyes are playing tricks?), so it might not be worth looking into, if it is too much trouble.

Edited by Mine_Turtle
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

The illumination effect is not as apparent as it used to be, but it is possible to notice planet being slightly imm

https://imgur.com/trpZnxK - yellow circle is where spotlights are located. Compare part of the ocean in the red circle to other locations. You can see that it is not monotonously dark, but has a lighter color with gradient. 

The difference is more apparent if you compare the same location with lights turned off: https://imgur.com/VANt2iz The area in the red circle as well as the rest of the ocean has the same uniform color.

 

As I said the effect is barely noticeable(or maybe my eyes are playing tricks?), so it might not be worth looking into, if it is too much trouble.

After turning the contrast waaay up I can kind of see a brighter patch there.  It looks like there may have been an update to the lightfix script (not mine) since I ran it.

Please create an issue at Github so I don't forget...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kcs123 said:

IIRC, it was possible trough config files or with re-compile (forked)version of B9 wings, can't recall details. But original author of this mod didn't recommend it because textures and shape angles of those parts no longer properly match with other parts or something. Therefore it is recommended to use 2-3 parts for very large wing surface area instead with just one piece. There was discussion about it long time ago in author original thread for B9 procedural wings development.

FPS performance between one piece wing and 3 piece wing parts are almost non measurable, so, I guess it was one lesser evil from two to choose, good matching parts for wings or just one wing piece for performance increase.

I wished to create flying wings and re-entry gliders that were not limited to 1m thickness wings. Textures are not an issue for me, nor is FPS at this stage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, blowfish said:

After turning the contrast waaay up I can kind of see a brighter patch there.  It looks like there may have been an update to the lightfix script (not mine) since I ran it.

Please create an issue at Github so I don't forget...

I have identified the source of the problem: UKS shipyard. B9 spotlights are fine and do not light up the planet as I have assumed. Sorry for the false bug report.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...