USI Konstruction konstruction ports

4 hours ago, Baglison said:

When I try to dock them with the 'snap' option, nothing happens. They just bounce from each other. Also, when I compress(rotate) docked ports, my ship explodes.

Compress is the correct option - and works for me - however, do you have any parts on the opposing sides that might clip into each other after doing this?  This is the likely cause.

50 minutes ago, bigcalm said:

Compress is the correct option - and works for me - however, do you have any parts on the opposing sides that might clip into each other after doing this?  This is the likely cause.

No, I don't have any overlapping parts.

On 25/01/2017 at 8:28 PM, Baglison said:

No, I don't have any overlapping parts.

Hmm.  Is there any Kraken influence going on -- any docking can occasionally cause this (you'd likely notice before attempting to compress).  That said, it sounds unlikely - I'd strongly recommend getting the latest Konstruction release if you haven't already just in case it's a bug in your particular version.  If the worst comes to the worst, you don't actually have to compress -- effectively welding the ports together makes the join stronger, less wobbly and less prone to the Kraken, but as long as they're docked together you should still be ok.

One thing that should be noted -- if you're using KIS/KAS to move the docking port, it is inactive (won't act as a docking port) until the vessel is reloaded (jump to a vessel elsewhere and back to solve).

What I suspect is that you aren't actually docking - aligning those ports in the first place can be very tricky for a surface base and varying terrain can play havoc with attempts to dock vessels that docked perfectly when you tested back on Kerbin.  Could you post some pics so we can diagnose?

Edited by bigcalm
grammar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.