Triop

Gunfighters: The Ultimate Duel

Recommended Posts

O no, not another BDA dogfighter challenge.......

 

 

OWWWWWWWW YES, Let's destroy each other once again by building the JSF    > Ultimate Fighter popping some bullets !

 

What makes this challenge different from the others ?

- No planes will be public before a duel, uploading links must be send to me via PM.
- When I have the first 2 planes send in,the duel starts, the 3d plane will fight the winner etc etc.
- You have no idea who or what you are up against...

Edit:

When you get shot down you are allowed to enter a new or updated craft ready to fight again.

Mods used by the current winner will be public, not the craft.

 

 

I will host all fights, recording them for youtube.
I will test any duel 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2, making a clear judgement.
I will not participate myself, only judge.

 

The Rules:

- guns only, static, max of 2, No missiles.
- Radome is a must, don't get lost.
- mods allowed.
- Max 2 engines: Juno,ion rockets, you may even use jets,I don't care.
- Max number of wings = 8, more then you need.

Pj8R6xp.png


- No stacking engines or hidden wings, but you may hide your ammo inside the fuselage.
- No drones.
- Use any settings you like on the AI pilot flight computer and the Weapon manager.

Want to test your craft ? fight mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2begp0b1j3omp6d/BDA 1_1 Savage.craft?dl=0

KeaXXKz.png

 

I might have forgotten some info or rules, let me know when you have a question.

giphy.gif

Goodluck gentlemen.

Edited by Triop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of entering that ultra-heavy fighter of mine. If you remember, it has four FAT-455 wings and two FAT-455 tail fins as lifting surfaces, but this time it also has four FAT-455 tail fins as...tail fins. So it technically has only six lifting surfaces, but four tail fins. Is that illegal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drtricky said:

I was thinking of entering that ultra-heavy fighter of mine. If you remember, it has four FAT-455 wings and two FAT-455 tail fins as lifting surfaces, but this time it also has four FAT-455 tail fins as...tail fins. So it technically has only six lifting surfaces, but four tail fins. Is that illegal?

Sounds legit to me, I'm not the one who has to fight it. :lol:

Send it in and let us wait for #2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start date? I'm out-of-country until Feb 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Start date? I'm out-of-country until Feb 3rd.

No start date, you are just the next in line.

E.g: If you send in an entry on Feb 4th, you will be up against who ever is then #1.

Extra lol :lol::

Ru1hKui.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by Triop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@Triop Are you using KJR?

 

Edit, getting the point I think.

You mean reinforce using mods ?

Why not ?

I'm going to update the rules...

When you get shot down you are allowed to enter a new or updated craft ready to fight again.

Mods used by the current winner will be public, not the craft.

 

Edited by Triop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Triop said:

Edit, getting the point I think.

You mean reinforce using mods ?

Why not ?

Well, the recent updates seem to have increased the amount of torque objects experience, and that ultra-heavy fighter I mentioned unfortunately now needs either njmksr's super strong struts or KJR in order to perform fighter-like maneuvers with it's very large wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drtricky said:

Well, the recent updates seem to have increased the amount of torque objects experience, and that ultra-heavy fighter I mentioned unfortunately now needs either njmksr's super strong struts or KJR in order to perform fighter-like maneuvers with it's very large wings.

I think mods like these will make it more interesting, like mod vs mod.

Info from the #1 will be given, but not the plane itself, giving people not the advantage to try numerous times to beat it.

Looking forward to your entree. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is basically a double-blind KoTH? Interesting. I have some fighters kicking around from the last few BDA tourneys I could throw into the ring.

Max number of guns allowed? Fuel/min flight time requirements? Max part count? Any non-missile weapon, as long as turret traverse (if any) is 0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

So this is basically a double-blind KoTH? Interesting. I have some fighters kicking around from the last few BDA tourneys I could throw into the ring.

Max number of guns allowed? Fuel/min flight time requirements? Max part count? Any non-missile weapon, as long as turret traverse (if any) is 0?

Max number of guns allowed?  10

Fuel/min flight time requirements? No

Max part count? No

Any non-missile weapon, as long as turret traverse (if any) is 0? Yes

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rules seem a little restrictive. I've got this old fighter, the SPLICER V-G that I want to enter but it has wayyyy too many wings (like at least 12) and 4 engines. I understand the guns and missiles, but the engine, wing, and radome limitations make no sense. Part of the 'V's signature look is the frontal shock cone intake. Can I just hide the radome in the fuselage?

Kerbal X link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me as another with questions about Max wings = 6; I'm attempting to do some wing accounting on various designs to see whats legal and not; how exactly is this being counted? Up to 6 stock wing boards/structural wings? Wingboards+Canards/Tailfins? 6 of anything in the Aero tab with a lift rating? Or am I overthinking this and 6 wings means no more than 6 contiguous airfoil structures attached to the airframe, ie port/starboard front canards, main wing, tailplane?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

The rules seem a little restrictive. I've got this old fighter, the SPLICER V-G that I want to enter but it has wayyyy too many wings (like at least 12) and 4 engines. I understand the guns and missiles, but the engine, wing, and radome limitations make no sense. Part of the 'V's signature look is the frontal shock cone intake. Can I just hide the radome in the fuselage?

Kerbal X link

12 wings and 4 engines... :blink:

That is why is set these limits, next jet will have 20 wings and 6 engines and so on and so on.

I'm willing to change 6 to 8 wings, but that's it.

BDA also has a inline radome, you don't need to use the nosecone one.

If you have a jet you want to participate, please send it via PM.

 

 

 

10 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Count me as another with questions about Max wings = 6; I'm attempting to do some wing accounting on various designs to see whats legal and not; how exactly is this being counted? Up to 6 stock wing boards/structural wings? Wingboards+Canards/Tailfins? 6 of anything in the Aero tab with a lift rating? Or am I overthinking this and 6 wings means no more than 6 contiguous airfoil structures attached to the airframe, ie port/starboard front canards, main wing, tailplane?

I've changed the number of max wings to 8.

As for your questions, yes. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Triop said:

As for your questions, yes. :wink:

Well, I'm no less confused for that answer. Pretty sure some of the asked questions contradict each other.

Maybe it'd be clearer for the silly clueless me with an example. How many wings does the plane in the image have? 2? 4? 5? 8? 14? 17? 20? 22?

Thanks! :)

screenshot308.png

Edited by Eidahlil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

Well, I'm no less confused for that answer. Pretty sure some of the asked questions contradict each other.

Maybe it'd be clearer for the silly clueless me with an example. How many wings does the plane in the image have? 2? 4? 5? 8? 14? 17? 20? 22?

Thanks! :)

screenshot308.png

I count 4, no, 2..... ^_^ OK, MAX 4 WINGS PER SIDE ! :confused:

giphy.gif

Edited by Triop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this good? There is one wing under the big one to support the engines, but it's still only 4 wings per side, not including the tail surfaces.

D5FYKfg.png

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Is this good? There is one wing under the big one to support the engines, but it's still only 4 wings per side, not including the tail surfaces.

 

It's a perfect example. ^_^

I've got your jet, when #2 gets uploaded to me the fun starts. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, we have a duel.

In the left corner we have NotAnAimbot's F-2F+ Super Predator !

He will be up against Eidahlil's Karnazh !

LglEc36.png

I will start the battles and will be back later with my judgement + video.

Goodluck @NotAnAimbot  and @Eidahlil :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Why did it copy you twice? I can't seem to delete this one...

8 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

That's a lot of guns. I hope the F-2 can survive it.

Indeed...

Edited by vsully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, sorry to say NotAbot, but there is no escaping Eidahlil's  bullet rain....(Some say there is actually a Kerbal in it.)

When I said max guns 10 it was more like joke, bit it is out there and legit. :lol:

Congratz to Eidahlil  wonder what you would build if I set the max guns to 20....:o

Number 3 ? Eidahlil his "Bullet Rain" is ready...:cool:

 

I did about 8 simulations, only once the F-2 won.

3 videos in the spoiler:

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Triop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Triop said:

When I said max guns 10 it was more like joke, bit it is out there and legit.

Oh, searching the thread I see it, but I completely missed it, since it's not among the rules in the first post, maybe it'd be good to update it? Pretty sure the craft actually has 13 guns, so it has too many and is not valid. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eidahlil said:

Oh, searching the thread I see it, but I completely missed it, since it's not among the rules in the first post, maybe it'd be good to update it? Pretty sure the craft actually has 13 guns, so it has too many and is not valid. :(

:blink:      :wacko:      :unsure:

Owwwwwwww Kayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

My fault, didn't check that...

Ok, I will update # of guns (10), and you send me a new bullet rain with 10 guns ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Triop said:

Wow, sorry to say NotAbot, but there is no escaping Eidahlil's  bullet rain....(Some say there is actually a Kerbal in it.)

Looks like the F-2 engaged hyperdrive in that second video

A real limit on guns might be nice, since the fights only amounted to frontal jousting in all but the last. Might as well just stick 20 GAU-8s and win every fight.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.