Rover–satellite collision

explosion-clipart-explosion.png

Make a catastrophic collision between a satellite (in a stable orbit around whichever celestial body you like) and a rover or a ground base (on the surface of the body)!

Mods are welcome! (except HyperEdit)

Screenshots are OK, but videos are preferable.

Edited by Teilnehmer

If a satellite crashes to ground base on the ground it is clearly not on a stable orbit. And if a ground base is not on a ground it is not really a ground base anymore.

So what exactly do you want us to do? And how do we get points/win?

Edited by tseitsei89

2 hours ago, tseitsei89 said:

If a satellite crashes to ground base on the ground it is clearly not on a stable orbit. And if a ground base is not on a ground it is not really a ground base anymore.

OK, I meant a rover basically. Forget the ground base.

2 hours ago, tseitsei89 said:

And how do we get points/win?

No points. Just fun.

It could work, If I had a satellite in a perfectly equatorial orbit a few meters above the ground I could built a really tall base or have a rover with a tall wall built on it drive infront of said satellite.

3 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

OK, I meant a rover basically. Forget the ground base.

No points. Just fun.

So build a rover and make it jump from a hill or a ramp so that it hits a satellite?

Is that what you mean?

What means of propulsion are allowed for the rover? Only wheels or liquid/solid fuel allowed...

14 minutes ago, tseitsei89 said:

What means of propulsion are allowed for the rover? Only wheels or liquid/solid fuel allowed...

I'd say wheels only, otherwise you're just launching a weirdly-shaped rocket at the satellite. At best, no rocket thrust after leaving the ground, but maybe for speed on run-up to a jump.

Edited by Jarin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.