How many Kerbals do you have stationed on the Mun ?

Triop

Mun is a busy place in my career save, with probe landers, mining rigs and contract stuff strewn all around it, 2 relay satellites, a station and a tourist shuttle/lander in orbit. But all kerbals that land on it come up as soon as their mission there is done and the craft is refueled. There is no permanent population.

...On Eve, on the other hand... :(

...But ssshhh. It's considered bad luck at KSC to talk about anyone who landed on Eve.

I've got one engineer crewing my mining base in a Mk1 Lander Can. I'm considering expanding it to include a Mk2 Lander Can and sending a pilot down there so that I can still land my unmanned fuel lifter when the relay satellites are out of position, but that'll probably be the maximum amount of crew I'll ever have there (in my current, stock save, at least. I'm thinking of starting a new save with a life support/colonization mod when I've accomplished all I want to in stock, and I might build a more extensive Mun base there.)

I have 5 in orbit; 2 running the science lab, 1 engineer who has been moonlighting as a surface-to-orbit shuttle pilot, and 2 low level scientists sitting around waiting for the training bus.   I've got a pilot being delivered so that engineer can get back to real work.

Then there's two more engineers on the surface working Munbase Alpha to generate fuel and supplies.

So, a semi-permanent population of 6, with 6-8 temporary visitors on top.

My Kerbals are pretty evenly distributed between Mun, Minmus, Kerbin and deep space (aka Dres)

2 ON the Mun, at a mining outpost.  3 more on a station in low Mun orbit, if that counts.  Similar at Minmus.  3 more semi-permanently stationed in LKO.  About 35 at KSC or in transit to/from training missions in near-Kerbin space, preparing for the big push to go interplanetary--there's a Duna/Ike launch window coming up, and the fleet of stations, ISRU bases, science landers, training landers, in-system tugs, CommNet relays, etc. is big enough to meet the legal definition of "invasion".  :-D

2 scientists in orbit, 1 engineer for running the drills on the mining rig. I mine mun rather than minmus to save travel time.

The rest of my kerbals just go there to grab XP. Then they head to minmus.

I've also temporarily stationed kerbals on the surface for the purposes of testing surface base designs for other destinations

well I guess I am IT..(no really I am an IT as in IT admin, get it..)

I have 94 orbiting mun on my space station and over 130 on Duna in various stations and vehicles..IE : JamTown 1 has 30.

where as JamTown 2 (inflatable) has 65 and they were all launched on board. most rovers have at least 3 Kerbal's with extra seating,, you never know when you need to pick up passengers.

I need more time just to work with them all on the planet.

Just Having a so much FUN

screenshot680.png

screenshot700.png

Jammer

I've got an engineer and a pilot at a mining outpost, and 2 scientists at a lab near the north pole.  The engineer is for the ISRU boost and the pilot is to drive my cruiser rover to farm surface sample contracts.  Even though Minmus seems to be the community's choice, I prefer using the Mun for fuel because it makes logistics a lot easier. No plane change and shorter transit times trumps low gravity and flat ground IMHO.  My career game is still getting off the ground though, so perhaps in the future I'll migrate outwards.

2 in a small space station and 5 in a WIP mega rover/base.

I use the Mun rather than Minmus on my save because the latter is very, VERY poor in ore (there's no location above 1%...) while the Mun's northern basin reaches a staggering 10%!

Also, I use EL, and the basin, while not excellent for it (5% metal ore) is surrounded by very rich terrain.

Last but not least: I exhausted Minmus' only resource: science points, so now there is no more motivation to go to the second mun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.