[1.3.0] [Kopernicus] Interstellar Adventure Revived v1.2.9 - A Taste of the Upcoming Grand Update! [18August17]

ProtoJeb21

Glad to see this is still getting updates.  In the meantime, here's some pics from my recent mission to Thallo - roundtrip there and back, 8 days.  Uses B9, KSPIE, FAR, Kerbal Foundries, and of course stock parts...

and on the ground...

the spaceplane docks with the other thing and then lands vertically wherever.. can also land on the KSC runway.  Neither module needs refueling at any point during the mission.  Spaceplane propulsion is 1x horizontal antimatter-thermal ramjet nozzle plus 2 downward facing antimatter-thermal turbojet VTOL engines.. using hydrazine as ejection mass.  Stardrive section has 4x Kerbstein advanced fusion engines powered by lithium hydride, and a 10m alcubierre warp drive capable of 100x the speed of light.  Landing site is on the western shore of the inland sea on the sunward side of Thallo, near the equator.

Quick Question. This Uses an old monule manager. Is it alright if i use a newer version?

Edit: Looks like it's alright! Now to head to lich and Back with Kerbals and survive! :D

Edited by Cabbink

On 6/18/2017 at 3:20 AM, ss8913 said:

Glad to see this is still getting updates.  In the meantime, here's some pics from my recent mission to Thallo - roundtrip there and back, 8 days.  Uses B9, KSPIE, FAR, Kerbal Foundries, and of course stock parts...

and on the ground...

the spaceplane docks with the other thing and then lands vertically wherever.. can also land on the KSC runway.  Neither module needs refueling at any point during the mission.  Spaceplane propulsion is 1x horizontal antimatter-thermal ramjet nozzle plus 2 downward facing antimatter-thermal turbojet VTOL engines.. using hydrazine as ejection mass.  Stardrive section has 4x Kerbstein advanced fusion engines powered by lithium hydride, and a 10m alcubierre warp drive capable of 100x the speed of light.  Landing site is on the western shore of the inland sea on the sunward side of Thallo, near the equator.

Wait How Did you do that in 8 Days? I used no Warp Drives and it took me 37 MILLENIA to reach Trappist-1. How?

1 hour ago, Cabbink said:

Wait How Did you do that in 8 Days? I used no Warp Drives and it took me 37 MILLENIA to reach Trappist-1. How?

I used warp drives... 10c on the way there, 100c on the return since the craft was lighter.

I have a really weird bug. I installed the mod through ckan with a few other mods and a lot of planets/moons are missing.

What's weird is that most of them are here, so I assume the mod got installed correctly but some of them are not working.

missing planets are : braciaca, all of trappist's planets, eotia, kolasi, dulcinea, galene, draugr. (and some moons)

Any idea how to solve this please? (KSP 1.2.2, linux 64 bits, mod verion 1.2.1)

Edited by columini

46 minutes ago, columini said:

I have a really weird bug. I installed the mod through ckan with a few other mods and a lot of planets/moons are missing.

What's weird is that most of them are here, so I assume the mod got installed correctly but some of them are not working.

missing planets are : braciaca, all of trappist's planets, eotia, kolasi, dulcinea, galene, draugr. (and some moons)

Any idea how to solve this please? (KSP 1.2.2, linux 64 bits, mod verion 1.2.1)

It is Possible That The Mod Needs to be updated. As I see, Your Ksp Version is 1.2.2, and you have 1.2.1. I recomend re-install.  Good Luck!

13 hours ago, Cabbink said:

It is Possible That The Mod Needs to be updated. As I see, Your Ksp Version is 1.2.2, and you have 1.2.1. I recomend re-install.  Good Luck!

Well i tried to get a clean intall of ksp 1.2.2 with just the current IA-revived mod from spacedock and no other mods (except kopernicus and modularFlightIntegrator obviously)  and I have the same bug.

(I also tried it with ksp 1.2.1 and the mod doesn't work in this version)

3 hours ago, columini said:

Well i tried to get a clean intall of ksp 1.2.2 with just the current IA-revived mod from spacedock and no other mods (except kopernicus and modularFlightIntegrator obviously)  and I have the same bug.

(I also tried it with ksp 1.2.1 and the mod doesn't work in this version)

are you using the right version of kopernicus for 1.2.2?  trying to use a 1.3.0-compiled kopernicus could easily explain it...?

8 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

are you using the right version of kopernicus for 1.2.2?  trying to use a 1.3.0-compiled kopernicus could easily explain it...?

Well for my ckan install, I used kopernicus 1.2.2-6

And for the clean install that I did, I used the kopernicus version provided in the IAR file.

Here are the exact step I followed:

1) I went to steam, right click on KSP, properties, betas, "previous_1.2.2" to get the 1.2.2 version

2) Moved the KSP folder away from steam because I had some bad experiences in the past with steam auto updating my KSP and thus deleting my moded save files.

3) downloaded the file from spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/254/Interstellar Adventure Revived

4) extracted the files to the game data folder (IA_Revived, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntergrator and ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll and ModuleManagerLicense.md)

5) run KSP.x86_64

Edited by columini

@ProtoJeb21 I Remember you saying that Lich and it's Planet are impossible, but I am Attempting at least a fly by & Return. I will not use any engine mods, but via file editing, i will increase thrust limmiter(Faster Burns). Wish Me Luck!(I will need it :/)

Edit: The Only Engine Mod I will Use is Alcubire(Translation, not acceleration) so I still have to do the burn. I just do not want to wait 40 Years to get there.

Edited by Cabbink

IT IS DONE! I GOT TO LICH! Don't Mind That It' "Orbit" Is an Eccentricity of ~0.99836113, and two other things:

A. It Takes ~10 Years to orbit

B. How Close I Orbit(76 Million m, or 1/5 of a lunar distance)

Yes that white dot is Lich.

bEWKLb3.png

Edited by Cabbink

On 6/29/2017 at 10:34 AM, spacedoctor42 said:

Arctus seems to be partially phased into Carphos, I suspect there's something amiss in it's orbital settings.

If you are talking about the title screen, then thats a universal bug becuase of how it scales the sizes to kerbin. This planet's moon is much closer, so it phases through the screen. It should not in the tracking station. If its in the tracking station, i can't help you.

On 6/30/2017 at 7:05 PM, Cabbink said:

If you are talking about the title screen, then thats a universal bug becuase of how it scales the sizes to kerbin. This planet's moon is much closer, so it phases through the screen. It should not in the tracking station. If its in the tracking station, i can't help you.

I was not aware of that, it's fine then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought of a new star system for the game: I present Upsilon Andromedae! It has 4 planets, 3 named (2 super Jupiter's, 1 Brown dwarf ) and 1 unnamed planet, around jupiter's size. It's a binary system as well, so I would really like to see All of this, including the brown dwarf exoplanet! :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upsilon_Andromedae

@ProtoJeb21

Edited by Cabbink

21 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

Thought of a new star system for the game: I present Upsilon Andromedae! It has 4 planets, 3 named (2 super Jupiter's, 1 Brown dwarf ) and 1 unnamed planet, around jupiter's size. It's a binary system as well, so I would really like to see All of this, including the brown dwarf exoplanet! :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upsilon_Andromedae

@ProtoJeb21

*cough* Upsilon Kandromedae Mod *cough*

The first version of UK is almost ready. Currently @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures is taking a look at the v0.1 test version. 

@Cabbink I saw you said above that it works with 1.3? 

Basically just replace Kopernicus with the 1.3 update and it should all be gravy?

Thanks, since you seemed knowledgeable and was answering questions I figured I would ask. Thanks for the help.

4 hours ago, zeineizoku said:

@Cabbink I saw you said above that it works with 1.3? 

Basically just replace Kopernicus with the 1.3 update and it should all be gravy?

Thanks, since you seemed knowledgeable and was answering questions I figured I would ask. Thanks for the help.

Correct. Report any problems to protojeb21.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.