[1.3.0] [Kopernicus] Interstellar Adventure Revived v1.2.9 - A Taste of the Upcoming Grand Update! [18August17]

ProtoJeb21

And now, for the big surprise!

NIOBE SYSTEM REVAMPS

EOTIA

kRwkUFv.png

KOLASI

4W8jenN.png

qqnAfPp.png

ATMISGI & MOONS

0GaI0xB.png

B5LVYW3.png

T8w6HpQ.png

SANNA

bC3G1Qx.png

cHh5hoF.png

KOKKSAUT (still WIP)

uik3dPA.png

EGERIA & NUMA

BI6pLMV.png

wpmG9U3.png

BiGdMyZ.png

Spoiler

Don't worry, once version 1.3 is finished, EVERY atmospheric planet (and maybe a few others) with have these EVE-based enhancements. But even with all of this, there's still a lot of work to get done. I have a few more Niobe system moons to make, cloud speeds to fix, and most importantly, I absolutely NEED to make the planet HD 219134 f, which will be named Agnostos. It's set to be a huge iron planet with liquid metal oceans and one small Dres-sized moon.

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

And now, for the big surprise!

NIOBE SYSTEM REVAMPS

<snip>

Reveal hidden contents

Don't worry, once version 1.3 is finished, EVERY atmospheric planet (and maybe a few others) with have these EVE-based enhancements. But even with all of this, there's still a lot of work to get done. I have a few more Niobe system moons to make, cloud speeds to fix, and most importantly, I absolutely NEED to make the planet HD 219134 f, which will be named Agnostos. It's set to be a huge iron planet with liquid metal oceans and one small Dres-sized moon.

Ooh! Can't wait for those EVE modelings! Btw it looks sweet! :rep:

Edited by Cabbink

On 22/06/2017 at 10:12 PM, columini said:

I have a really weird bug. I installed the mod through ckan with a few other mods and a lot of planets/moons are missing.

What's weird is that most of them are here, so I assume the mod got installed correctly but some of them are not working.

missing planets are : braciaca, all of trappist's planets, eotia, kolasi, dulcinea, galene, draugr. (and some moons)

Any idea how to solve this please? (KSP 1.2.2, linux 64 bits, mod verion 1.2.1)

There is an issue with this planet pack and case-sensitive filesystems, and because of it it's broken on Mac and Linux. Most references to texture files have mismatching case.

Like... From Carphos.cfg:

Material
			{
				texture = IA_Revived/TRAPPIST-1System/Carphos/Textures/Carphos_color
				normals = IA_Revived/TRAPPIST-1System/Carphos/Textures/Carphos_normal

But the actual files are named Carphos_Color.png and Carphos_Normal.png (notice the capital letters).

@ProtoJeb21 Would be great if you can review all .cfg files to make it compatible with other operating systems before 1.3 release. Thanks! :)

6 hours ago, badsjeb said:

There is an issue with this planet pack and case-sensitive filesystems, and because of it it's broken on Mac and Linux. Most references to texture files have mismatching case.

Like... From Carphos.cfg:

Material
			{
				texture = IA_Revived/TRAPPIST-1System/Carphos/Textures/Carphos_color
				normals = IA_Revived/TRAPPIST-1System/Carphos/Textures/Carphos_normal

But the actual files are named Carphos_Color.png and Carphos_Normal.png (notice the capital letters).

@ProtoJeb21 Would be great if you can review all .cfg files to make it compatible with other operating systems before 1.3 release. Thanks! :)

On Windows, the fact that "Color" and "Normal" are capitalized in the config but not in the file name makes no difference. Don't worry, I'll make sure that this isn't the case for 1.3. 

This is quite common issue for multi-platform software, not all filesystems are case-insensitive like FAT/NTFS. Thanks again for fixing this, I'm looking forward for the new release and all the visual goodies you are currently working on.

Okay I have two systems that I have an idea for:

Centauri system: all three stars part of this stems, and the two plants in it. I recommend a barrycenter object for this system.

Sweeps-11. A hot mega jupiter whizzing around it's star in 1.8 earth days. Would be quite fun to try to orbit. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWEEPS-11

And if you don't want to add these, I can add it to my IA revived expansion for the Challenge Planet pack.

@ProtoJeb21 I hate to bother you while you are busy working on this amazing addition mod. 

I plan on adding it to my vast mod list, I am working on getting a Twitch Stream series and a You-tube side series off the ground. So, I come with a curious question, and I searched the "In this Topic" to be sure I didn't miss it. Yet, I can be blind at times, legally so if we ask my Ophthalmologist. 

ANYWAYS, enough rambling. Does this play well with Research Bodies

Thanks for the amazing work and have a fantastic night/day, 

Necro

8 hours ago, zeineizoku said:

@ProtoJeb21 I hate to bother you while you are busy working on this amazing addition mod. 

I plan on adding it to my vast mod list, I am working on getting a Twitch Stream series and a You-tube side series off the ground. So, I come with a curious question, and I searched the "In this Topic" to be sure I didn't miss it. Yet, I can be blind at times, legally so if we ask my Ophthalmologist. 

ANYWAYS, enough rambling. Does this play well with Research Bodies

Thanks for the amazing work and have a fantastic night/day, 

Necro

I really don't know how well this mod would work with Research Bodies. To be honest, I've never used that mod at all and I barely know what it does. But it's possible that how well IAR works with RB depends on its compatibility with Kopernicus, the plugin that is used to make IAR and all other planet packs work.

6 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I really don't know how well this mod would work with Research Bodies. To be honest, I've never used that mod at all and I barely know what it does. But it's possible that how well IAR works with RB depends on its compatibility with Kopernicus, the plugin that is used to make IAR and all other planet packs work.

okay that makes sense I will need to go into the Kopernicus thread and research how well it works with Research Bodies then. From a consumer perspective I would not see that it could be too difficult to make said mods work with each other. At that point it really just comes down to what the mod devs, you etc. really wants to do a do and feels like doing. 

As for an in a nutshell description of RB, you probably know now but for those who read that don't know, it just adds "Gated Planet Travel. You need to 'Discover' the planets with Telescopes and the 'Observatory' Research building added with the mod. 

Thanks for the timely reply @ProtoJeb21 Good luck on your System creating adventures. 

The Niobe system is basically complete now! I've got images of Agnostos, its moon, and new textures for Nerrivik and Kokksaut.

jFFza8J.png

4SXAMvG.png

34fgR4k.png

FlS8FBt.png

Also a surface view from Numa for those who want even MORE eye candy:

tdjXocc.png

I too these a few days ago. Yesterday, I began work on TRAPPIST-1 with the re-texturing of Irene. I'll post some screenshots one I have some more work done.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

On 7/25/2017 at 7:40 AM, Cabbink said:

Sweeps-11. A hot mega jupiter whizzing around it's star in 1.8 earth days. Would be quite fun to try to orbit. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWEEPS-11

Uh, I don't think @ProtoJeb21 will add SWEEPS-11, because it's 27,710 light years away.

Edited by electricpants

24 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Uh, I don't think @ProtoJeb21 will add SWEEPS-11, because it's 27,710 light years away.

Yeah. But hey! You want an advenadventure that takes 500 thousand years you are welcome to. I am making an expansion that has a equally distant object. It works, just very buggy. I just thought a distant hot jupiter would be cool.

17 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Yeah, I won't. I want just one really distant system, which for now is Lich. My goal is to make an exotic, distant system that would serve as an end-of-game challenge with huge rewards. Science multipliers for recovering any vessel from the system would be around 1000, especially since you need to go at 20% light speed to escape. Once all the planets of Lich are added - and once I figure out contracts - that system would have the highest rewards for completed contracts. 

While Lich has three planets to turn into bizarre, amazing worlds, SWEEPS-11 just has one...and it's only a hot Jupiter. 

9 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

*snip*

Okey dokey then. How about the centauri system? It would be quite exotic with its two very odd planets.

Also, here's another multiplanet system with a planet that would be in the zone, but dip into the hazardous areas. A survival of the fittest world if you will.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_40307

Edited by Cabbink

14 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

The Niobe system is basically complete now! I've got images of Agnostos, its moon, and new textures for Nerrivik and Kokksaut.

[snip]

Also a surface view from Numa for those who want even MORE eye candy:

[snap]

These planets look beautiful with those EVE configs! I'm looking forward to the update! :D

15 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Okey dokey then. How about the centauri system? It would be quite exotic with its two very odd planets.

Also, here's another multiplanet system with a planet that would be in the zone, but dip into the hazardous areas. A survival of the fittest world if you will.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_40307

I'm not too sure I even want to add in any new systems. When 1.3 and 1.4 are finished, there may not be enough room for something like HD 40307. However, it is a system I have been considering for quite some time. I even have names for the star and all its planets! So, if there's any room left for a sixth system, it will likely be HD 40307.

35 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I'm not too sure I even want to add in any new systems. When 1.3 and 1.4 are finished, there may not be enough room for something like HD 40307. However, it is a system I have been considering for quite some time. I even have names for the star and all its planets! So, if there's any room left for a sixth system, it will likely be HD 40307.

Ah. Oh well. Always room for EVE enhancements for 1.3!

2 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Ah. Oh well. Always room for EVE enhancements for 1.3!

It's not just EVE visuals coming in 1.3. I've been planning on adding quite a lot of new objects while COMPLETELY reworking many others. A good example will be the Sancho moon system...but you'll have to wait and see.

Well, I truly messed up Theros (it isn't loading up), but at least Irene has come out nicely!

oadwn9m.png

Irene, while a water-gas dwarf, retains a very similar yet more detailed texture, with quite jagged regions where the ice meets the water, as well as multiple giant lakes regions caused by excess heat being distributed around the heat by the 129 atm atmosphere.

Gee, ProtoJeb, isn't that thicker than Jool's atmosphere?

Well, yes...and no. One of the major things coming for 1.3.0 is a realism update to multiple objects in the Kerbol system, with Kerbin and Jool getting the most attention. Along with their radii and orbits being changed to 1/10 real space, along with getting 1/100th real scaled masses, I will be increasing Jool's atmospheric pressure to a more realistic value. It's going to be somewhere between 1500 and 2000 atmospheres of pressure. While that's quite a lot of atmosphere, it's still rather realistic without being too overkill. Just remember to find a good heat shield parts pack before 1.3 comes out.

2 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Well, I truly messed up Theros (it isn't loading up), but at least Irene has come out nicely!

oadwn9m.png

Irene, while a water-gas dwarf, retains a very similar yet more detailed texture, with quite jagged regions where the ice meets the water, as well as multiple giant lakes regions caused by excess heat being distributed around the heat by the 129 atm atmosphere.

Gee, ProtoJeb, isn't that thicker than Jool's atmosphere?

Well, yes...and no. One of the major things coming for 1.3.0 is a realism update to multiple objects in the Kerbol system, with Kerbin and Jool getting the most attention. Along with their radii and orbits being changed to 1/10 real space, along with getting 1/100th real scaled masses, I will be increasing Jool's atmospheric pressure to a more realistic value. It's going to be somewhere between 1500 and 2000 atmospheres of pressure. While that's quite a lot of atmosphere, it's still rather realistic without being too overkill. Just remember to find a good heat shield parts pack before 1.3 comes out.

Isn't Irene locked? Or am I thinking of the wrong object?

7 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

Isn't Irene locked? Or am I thinking of the wrong object?

It is, but I'm going for an ocean world/gas dwarf hybrid look for it. Same with Carphos, except it has two giant polar ice caps instead of a back side one. I'm trying to keep the looks of the Trappist planets as close as I can to the official NASA renditions while still adding what I think they may look like.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.