[1.3.0] [Kopernicus] Interstellar Adventure Revived v1.2.9 - A Taste of the Upcoming Grand Update! [18August17]

ProtoJeb21

6 hours ago, Skystike_X said:

Cool mod but can you add the proxima centari system please that would be greatly appreciated. :D

Storage wide, this mod is quite massive. And with scatter and eve add-ons, even more so. It would be a hassle to add another star system.

Just now, electricpants said:

I know about the rest of the system, too. :P

I was just specifically talking about Proxima Centauri.

Ok, but proxima only has one planet. I think protojeb won't add the system until more(if there are any more), if they would.

Uh...I haven't seen any comments about this on here so sorry if it's already been mentioned but uh. What happened to Moho here? Happened after installing this. Other than this, I absolutely love the new planets, can't wait to make trips to them. There's this weird cloud..thing..around it now. Moho didn't seem that appealing to me anyway but it doesn't look right so.

https://imgur.com/a/o46Zn

Edited by TheNoobHunter24

16 minutes ago, TheNoobHunter24 said:

Uh...I haven't seen any comments about this on here so sorry if it's already been mentioned but uh. What happened to Moho here? Happened after installing this. Other than this, I absolutely love the new planets, can't wait to make trips to them. There's this weird cloud..thing..around it now. Moho didn't seem that appealing to me anyway but it doesn't look right so.

That's a known (but rare) bug. Probably misconfigured stuff.  Idk.

11 minutes ago, TheNoobHunter24 said:

I guess I'll just deal with it. Again, not very interested in Moho so not concerning. And uh, one more thing. What kinda delta-v numbers would I be looking at for the transfers to the other star systems? 

Probably 6k to encounter a star, and 12k to slow down. I recommend warp mods.

17 minutes ago, TheNoobHunter24 said:

Another bug or something like that to report, this doesn't seem to be compatible with Stock Visual Enhancements, none of your planets have clouds with that installed, doesn't make sense though because it adds it's own stuff. 

I think you are confused about what EVE/SVE does. SVE does not procedurally add clouds to planets. A planet pack needs its own cfgs for EVE. As far as I know, this planet pack does not have any. So, no, you won't see any clouds.

I know that...this mod originally had planets with clouds on them, but when I tried running it with SVE, for whatever reason, the clouds on this mod go away.

I know that EVE is just like a framework thing to add clouds to the planets, and SVE is the clouds and stuff that you made specifically for the stock planets. This mod came with its own configs for EVE, and unless there's a bit I'm missing, it SHOULD be able to run side-by-side with SVE because the configs in this are for the new stars, none of the stock planets.

Edited by TheNoobHunter24

37 minutes ago, TheNoobHunter24 said:

I know that...this mod originally had planets with clouds on them, but when I tried running it with SVE, for whatever reason, the clouds on this mod go away.

I know that EVE is just like a framework thing to add clouds to the planets, and SVE is the clouds and stuff that you made specifically for the stock planets. This mod came with its own configs for EVE, and unless there's a bit I'm missing, it SHOULD be able to run side-by-side with SVE because the configs in this are for the new stars, none of the stock planets.

Hmm. I don't know then. Are the EVE cfgs included in the prerelease? 

On 8/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, TheNoobHunter24 said:

Whoops...that was my attempt to add a proper accretion disk to Lich using @Artyomka15's (I forget the name) plugin. As you can see it went very wrong.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:32 AM, TheNoobHunter24 said:

Yeah they are. There's two folders when I got it, (which should be whatever is currently on Spacedock) MAIN, and VISUALS, visuals has all the stuff for EVE for the clouds on the new planets.

Alright, you have it downloaded correctly. If you want the EVE enhancements just copy and paste whatever is in the VISUALS folder to your GameData folder along with the main mod. I haven't used SVE at all, so until I can figure out how to work with it, it will remain incompatible with IA-Revived. Just stick with the pre-packaged visuals for now.

On 26/08/2017 at 0:46 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Whoops...that was my attempt to add a proper accretion disk to Lich using @Artyomka15's (I forget the name) plugin. As you can see it went very wrong.

LOVE THIS MOD! Thank you for all the hard work that's gone into it.

I am however having that random Moho turns into Disk and looks trippy issue, wondering if there is a fix?

not massively fussed to be honest, everything else is amazing.

Just wanted to check I hadn't installed wrong, check if there's anything I could do & say thanks! 

So, hate to bring this up again but I'm trying to colonize Thallo... the land masses in reality do not match the biome map.  I'm landed on solid high ground and it insists that I'm in "The Sagen Sea" and the CRP resource concentrations reflect the "sagen sea" idea.  I remember the last time I posted about this, someone, possibly @ProtoJeb21 , said that a proper biome map for the rocky planets was being worked on... any updates on that?  I have tens of thousands of Kerbal realtors banging on my door wanting to know when they can sell lots on Thallo to the billions of Kerbals that want to move there... :wink:

I don't know anything about these mods though id love to learn.  I have been writing code for a living for years, but in the industrial automation field which isn't really similar to game code. Im a space nut too (4 telescopes), but Its this issue with kopernicus that brings me here.

This issue with kopernicus not being able to chose the proper star to face solar panels towards.

In my field, when there is no sensors or feedback for the control system to make a multiple choice decision,  a control list selector is made for operations to make a manual selection instead of letting the control system make the choice.    Could something like this be an option to give a fix to the current issue?  I know some softwares allow you to code a control list selector to populate based off of a list.  so if the list has 3 items in it, 3 selections will be visible in the selector box, if there are 5, 5 will be visible

Is the distance of the closest star to a solar panel a value that is available?  If so could this be the default facing for solar panels, then maybe make the second closest star the alternate facing, have a window letting you chose default or alternate?

Im just throwing out ideas here,  I haven't actually been able to run this mod yet but it looks fantastic, I saw this solar panel issue with another mod though and its unfortunate that such a big bug exists in a mod that so many others depend on.  I badly want this mod to work as good as it possibly can, this is exactly the sort of map im looking for in Kerbal.   Thanks to all who make these mods, they are the heart and soul of this game as far as im concerned. 

On a side note when I try to run the game with this mod, kopernicus shows up red in the KSP Add-on Version Checker.  The game goes thru its loading, the music starts, but the menu never shows up, the junk in the bottom right keeps spinning but the rest of the screen is black.   I haven't tried unloading all the mods and figuring out if this is the issue but I was going fine until kopernicus and IA were installed.   Im just wondering if I need to leave the game sit like this for awhile before getting impatient and shutting it down.  I seem to remember long ago that initial load times could be massive until some files get created or something, then it loads fine.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

8 hours ago, ss8913 said:

So, hate to bring this up again but I'm trying to colonize Thallo... the land masses in reality do not match the biome map.  I'm landed on solid high ground and it insists that I'm in "The Sagen Sea" and the CRP resource concentrations reflect the "sagen sea" idea.  I remember the last time I posted about this, someone, possibly @ProtoJeb21 , said that a proper biome map for the rocky planets was being worked on... any updates on that?  I have tens of thousands of Kerbal realtors banging on my door wanting to know when they can sell lots on Thallo to the billions of Kerbals that want to move there... :wink:

Since Thallo has no custom biomes, it retains those of its template - Laythe. Biomes for the entire TRAPPIST-1 system are still a work in progress. 

5 hours ago, Woj said:

I don't know anything about these mods though id love to learn.  I have been writing code for a living for years, but in the industrial automation field which isn't really similar to game code. Im a space nut too (4 telescopes), but Its this issue with kopernicus that brings me here.

This issue with kopernicus not being able to chose the proper star to face solar panels towards.

In my field, when there is no sensors or feedback for the control system to make a multiple choice decision,  a control list selector is made for operations to make a manual selection instead of letting the control system make the choice.    Could something like this be an option to give a fix to the current issue?  I know some softwares allow you to code a control list selector to populate based off of a list.  so if the list has 3 items in it, 3 selections will be visible in the selector box, if there are 5, 5 will be visible

Is the distance of the closest star to a solar panel a value that is available?  If so could this be the default facing for solar panels, then maybe make the second closest star the alternate facing, have a window letting you chose default or alternate?

Im just throwing out ideas here,  I haven't actually been able to run this mod yet but it looks fantastic, I saw this solar panel issue with another mod though and its unfortunate that such a big bug exists in a mod that so many others depend on.  I badly want this mod to work as good as it possibly can, this is exactly the sort of map im looking for in Kerbal.   Thanks to all who make these mods, they are the heart and soul of this game as far as im concerned. 

On a side note when I try to run the game with this mod, kopernicus shows up red in the KSP Add-on Version Checker.  The game goes thru its loading, the music starts, but the menu never shows up, the junk in the bottom right keeps spinning but the rest of the screen is black.   I haven't tried unloading all the mods and figuring out if this is the issue but I was going fine until kopernicus and IA were installed.   Im just wondering if I need to leave the game sit like this for awhile before getting impatient and shutting it down.  I seem to remember long ago that initial load times could be massive until some files get created or something, then it loads fine.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

The solar panel bug is a common issue with Kopernicus itself. The game not properly loading might be a result of you using Kopernicus version 1.3.0-6, which actually has messed up many planet packs. For these issues you're having, I recommend reporting them on the Kopernicus forum page. Also, I suggest you run this mod in KSP 64 bit for the best performance.

So I've got an issue. When I try to run this mod I can't change scenes. Anything that requires I go to a black screen with the rotating planets wait animation will lock the game on those rotating planets.  If I try to start a new game, or even go to the settings screen from the main menu it will sit and idle on that screen and I have to tab out to force close the program.

Running 64 bit with other mods, without other mods, and clean install with only this mod all produce the same result. Interestingly, I had a setup with 60 or so mods and the Graphics Enhancement Assembly mod which did boot up, but I had to remove GEA because, while pretty, was just too much for my computer.

I don't have crash reports, because the game didn't crash, it just idles on the wait screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

4 hours ago, mharkan1 said:

So I've got an issue. When I try to run this mod I can't change scenes. Anything that requires I go to a black screen with the rotating planets wait animation will lock the game on those rotating planets.  If I try to start a new game, or even go to the settings screen from the main menu it will sit and idle on that screen and I have to tab out to force close the program.

Running 64 bit with other mods, without other mods, and clean install with only this mod all produce the same result. Interestingly, I had a setup with 60 or so mods and the Graphics Enhancement Assembly mod which did boot up, but I had to remove GEA because, while pretty, was just too much for my computer.

I don't have crash reports, because the game didn't crash, it just idles on the wait screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Are you sure to use the right release of Kopernicus? Try to reinstall it.

Ok, I sorted it out. I tried to check and see what version of Kopernicus I was using and then I noticed that the Interstellar adventure wasn't packed like other mods. I can't just drop the gamedata folder and merge them. I had to drill down and manually move the folders from "mainmod" and "visuals".

Thank you for replying, Nansuchao.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.