[1.3.0] [Kopernicus] Interstellar Adventure Revived v1.2.9 - A Taste of the Upcoming Grand Update! [18August17]

ProtoJeb21

On 9/12/2017 at 0:38 AM, mharkan1 said:

Ok, I sorted it out. I tried to check and see what version of Kopernicus I was using and then I noticed that the Interstellar adventure wasn't packed like other mods. I can't just drop the gamedata folder and merge them. I had to drill down and manually move the folders from "mainmod" and "visuals".

Thank you for replying, Nansuchao.

Did.. this make your panels work?

So, a potential pitfall for building things on these planets... I built a very nice base on Thallo.. started the reactor up, everything was good.. fortunately I didn't have any staff in it though because when the construction ship left... as soon as I got about 4km from the base, the entire thing explodes.  I push F3 and it says "<part> "splashed down hard" and was destroyed" ... so while it was built on solid land, it seems that after you get outside of physics range, it uses the biome map to calculate where the thing is, and suddenly, "oh you're over water at <x> km above the surface, where x is the altitude of the hill on the island that the base was built on" and .. sploosh... entire base destroyed.

I will look and see if I can make a working biome map for at least Thallo to see if I can fix this issue, but.. I'm not sure what other people do *with* these planets, but for me at least, I want to colonize them.  Call me crazy or w/e :)

42 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

When I install this mod, when KSP loads to the main screen nothing appears except the KSP Loading icon in the bottom right.  I can hear the menu sound but there is nothing on screen.  Only happens when I install this.

Likely you did not place this mod in correctly.  This mod comes with kopernicus in it. I think you might need to remove the old version packed with it and add the newer one.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:27 AM, Cabbink said:

Likely you did not place this mod in correctly.  This mod comes with kopernicus in it. I think you might need to remove the old version packed with it and add the newer one.

I am getting the same thing, on both MacOS and Windows. Used CKAN and it installed Kopernicus 1.3.0-8 when it did dependency resolution.

(Is using CKAN a known bad idea?)

In the KSP.log, I see it throwing errors like this:

[ERR 23:32:40.992] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class RuntimeUtility:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.<Awake>b__1_0 (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Then it starts spamming this in a loop:

[EXC 23:33:12.870] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

Edited by dvp

On 9/25/2017 at 4:27 PM, Cabbink said:

Ok so I copied the main mod folder EXCLUDING Kopernicus (I already have the latest version), but this still happens.

EDIT: Upon checking the logs I get the same NullReferenceException as @dvp

Edited by funkcanna

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 7:33 AM, funkcanna said:

Ok so I copied the main mod folder EXCLUDING Kopernicus (I already have the latest version), but this still happens.

EDIT: Upon checking the logs I get the same NullReferenceException as @dvp

Maybe that's the problem? Because the same thing is happening to me, and at first I thought it was just incompatible with the new Kopernicus. 

Let's hope it gets fixed when it's updated to 1.3.1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

I read a paper several months that shows the presence of strong flares coming from TRAPPIST-One:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.10130.pdf

I've heard that Kerbalism doesn't work well with Interstellar planet packs. How do you plan on making a CME feature for TRAPPIST-One?

I've...never even used Kerbalism :/

UPDATES: There's been a lot of changes to the moons of Sancho, with every single one being moved to a new orbit. Two new moons have been added. I also did some work on improving the TRAPPIST-1 planets. I will probably have to re-retexture some of the planets. For now, enjoy some eye candy:

QI2u7Ku.png

bbwVPah.png

2pwho8O.png

72iP97s.png

lByUgl2.png

I7JJ9cd.png

G8CzjXS.png

p9hVAQw.png

2N6OMG2.png

vlq15co.png

09HwQ43.png

18 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I've...never even used Kerbalism :/

UPDATES: There's been a lot of changes to the moons of Sancho, with every single one being moved to a new orbit. Two new moons have been added. I also did some work on improving the TRAPPIST-1 planets. I will probably have to re-retexture some of the planets. For now, enjoy some eye candy:

[snip]

:o Stunning! Great job on the visuals!

Today I've been doing a LOT of work on a stock system overhaul for v1.3, as well as an expansion pack with the HD 34445 system. It can be downloaded separately from the main mod, so you can either have just the HD 34445 system or merge the expansion and the main mod together. The stock system overhaul will be with the main mod. So far I've re-sized Jool, its moons, Kerbol, and Kerbin, while changing the orbits of just about everything else. I've been trying to get Eeloo into orbit around Dres, but for some reason Kopernicus ignores the "referenceBody" line of Eeloo's config and plops it smack inside the Sun. Annoying. Along with Eeloo, a few other objects cannot have certain orbital parameters changed, like Gilly's eccentricity. However, the most crucial aspects of this overhaul are working. Both Kerbol, Kerbin, and Jool have been properly re-sized to 1/10th the radius and 1/100th the mass of their real-life counterparts (Sol, Earth, Jupiter). In addition, I've completely re-textured Pol and Tylo while changing their sizes and orbits, a first for me. Pol is now a dark (but still pollen-like) volcanic world with incredibly high ridges and multiple lava lakes. It is about the size of Moho and will have a rather thick atmosphere in the future. The new Tylo is between the size of Kerbin and Eve and retains much of the Original Tylo's terrain features - jagged mountains, large impact basins - but is a dull blue in color. Still has about 80% Kerbin's gravity due to a lower density. I will also continue to try and re-texture Vall to be like an improved version of the stock Vall. 

Screenshot time!

YKUlQdz.png

New Tylo casting a shadow on Jool.

JihfMyb.png

New Pol, with Jool and New Tylo in the background.

8Ln8Uaf.png

New Pol's Jool-facing hemisphere.

doxOaWB.png

How Kerbol (with Scatterer) looks from Kerbin after some orbital and size changes.

UIYBiUB.png

A full view of the HD 34445 system. The planets have been named Gration, Oupis, Loxo, Hekaerge, Lelantos, and Kronion, which are all from Greek mythology and mainly associated with hunter or archery figures.

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Greek mythology must be contagious lol :) quite a few planet packs are going that route now

No wonder, considering how many names there are to choose from. Although I think I may have named HD 34445e (Gration) after the same deity you named Gratian after.

The new Jool system is coming out VERY nicely. I finally figured out how to give Jool rings, and Vall has been retextured as well. I may make it lighter in the future, but otherwise it's quite nice.

HQoZAgj.png

2ROQ6LK.png

I've also added two similarly-sized moons around HD 34445f/Hekaerge: Crotus, a pockmarked yellow selena-class satellite, and Diktynna, a mainly oceanic moon based off of Ahch-To from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. The six gas planets of HD 34445, as well as Diktynna, will be getting EVE and Scatterer patches soon with the help of @The Cuttlefish Empire.

CeD8kx8.png

yYcjpeO.png

jRZqMU6.png

5 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

The new Jool system is coming out VERY nicely. I finally figured out how to give Jool rings, and Vall has been retextured as well. I may make it lighter in the future, but otherwise it's quite nice.

HQoZAgj.png

2ROQ6LK.png

I've also added two similarly-sized moons around HD 34445f/Hekaerge: Crotus, a pockmarked yellow selena-class satellite, and Diktynna, a mainly oceanic moon based off of Ahch-To from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. The six gas planets of HD 34445, as well as Diktynna, will be getting EVE and Scatterer patches soon with the help of @The Cuttlefish Empire.

CeD8kx8.png

yYcjpeO.png

jRZqMU6.png

If you want to improve detail in the rings, you can change the opacity settings and use the solid-noise feature in GIMP.

Just now, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

Alright, good luck with that :D 

Once my body recovers. I've spent so much time working on the HD 34445 system and new Kerbol additions that I could sleep for over half a day if I could. Unfortunately, there's school tomorrow. Fortunately, there's no school the day after. Unfortunately, there IS school the day after the day after. 

32 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Once my body recovers. I've spent so much time working on the HD 34445 system and new Kerbol additions that I could sleep for over half a day if I could. Unfortunately, there's school tomorrow. Fortunately, there's no school the day after. Unfortunately, there IS school the day after the day after. 

I hear you man. I've got my University Physics I lecture at 9:30 am. Here's what I do: work on the KSP stuff in between lectures. If you use solid noise to make the ring textures, you can make planets that look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/Al31t

Scatterer compatibility is underway. Thanks to the great help of @The Cuttlefish Empire, Yarku and Kolasi now have working Scatterer patches, and look amazing.

Screenshot_422.png?width=339&height=300Screenshot_423.png?width=311&height=300

I also finished a new moon for the HD 34445 system and improved the ring textures for Dres, Jool, Hekaerge, and Kronion. What I did was shaved off a tiny bit on each end of the ring maps, then set Gaussian Blur to between 15 and 30, depending on how diffuse I wanted the rings to be. It didn't come out exactly as I expected, but I do like the results. In addition, Kronion gets a moon of its own: Styx, a horrific tidally heated world with oceans of hydrochloric acid (wee!) and "sand" made from glass-like particles. Not a nice place to be. Its appearance is based off of descriptions of the River Styx and Tartarus from Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. Wait, what even is the plural of series?

bQWkSwW.png

kDmHluA.png

nII7nhK.png

I will be releasing the HD 34445 expansion much earlier than update 1.3, and as its own separate mod. It'll be something cool for you guys to enjoy while me and TCE finish up v1.3.0. Here's a list of things that I need to get done:

• Completely change Dres into an oceanic planet with icy continents.
  • Figure out how the hell to put Eeloo and Minmus in orbit around Dres.
  • Improve textures of the Trappist-1 planets based off of my newest ideas and the latest findings.
  • Possibly add the two new potential Trappist planets shutcheon and I found on Exoplanet Explorers.
  • Retexture Selphar, improve Yarku's surface, and give the former three new moons.
  • Finish changes to the Cervantes system.
  • Improve every single atmosphere in the mod.
  • Improve textures of the K2-3 system.
  • Finally complete the Lich system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.