Valitech Space Agency Mod

actionxboy

Hi guys! I've recently decided to create my own mod called Valitech Space Agency. I've created the part in blender, added a config stripped from the game to test it, and loaded it in unity to give it the final piece. After about 3 hours of hard work and labor, I loaded it up in it's own folder in the GameData and nothing showed up.  I then decided to put it directly into the Squad folder with no luck either. 

Any ideas on how to actually make the mod load up and work in-game? :/

P.S: As this being my first post, I don't know if this is the forum category it belongs in so apologies if it's in the wrong one :P 

Hi! I've been working on an engine for my mod for a little while now. I designed it, textured it, and gave it everything it needed to work(including the config). Despite everything I tried, it still does not show the slightest hint of showing up in game. 

Any ideas on how to fix it?

40 minutes ago, actionxboy said:

None of my notifications showed up and there was no activity according to the forums so I didn't know that people replied :l

Here is a Dropbox link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/clxqcyp9ssuwz9j/AAD1oS5F0eenAeuM6aAmfQika?dl=0

Hrmm... nothing jumps out to me in the cfg. Can you post some Unity screenshots of it with your hierarchy and the mesh visible?

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hrmm... nothing jumps out to me in the cfg. Can you post some Unity screenshots of it with your hierarchy and the mesh visible?

I think this is it:

(I can't figure out how to put in the image)

Edited by actionxboy
Removed HTML due to it not working

If you look at the log file - search on your part name you'll see that it fails on the "PlasmaCharges" ( assuming you haven't created a resource cfg for it).

You can create a cfg file to define the new resource - see the squad folder under Resources/ResourcesGeneric.cfg

You might also notice that the liquidEngine2 is already defined by squad in the T-45 config - just rename your engine (the third line in your Part.cfg) to something unique - like ValitechLiquidEngine2

Don't know if you've seen it but a good source of info (some outdated, some old but still good)

Edited by wasml

9 hours ago, wasml said:

If you look at the log file - search on your part name you'll see that it fails on the "PlasmaCharges" ( assuming you haven't created a resource cfg for it).

You can create a cfg file to define the new resource - see the squad folder under Resources/ResourcesGeneric.cfg

You might also notice that the liquidEngine2 is already defined by squad in the T-45 config - just rename your engine (the third line in your Part.cfg) to something unique - like ValitechLiquidEngine2

Don't know if you've seen it but a good source of info (some outdated, some old but still good)

Thanks for the help :D I'm going to try that out once I start working at like 4(robotics :/)

I'll let you know if it works or not 

I've done a little bit of work on my mod(AKA adding an engine, resource generator, and a resource definition) and I've ran into an issue.  My engine provides no thrust -_-

It's getting all the necessary fuel(I had to turn on infinite fuel because the fuel tank is still in beta) but it is showing no signs of thrust with its 80302 thrust and around 8000 ISP I believe.

I have no idea what's wrong with it(when I tried to edit an Ion Engine the same thing happened)

Here's the link for the mod if someone could debug it for me and tell me whats wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2aml1qcpmm8ow6/Valitech Space Agency V0.04.zip?dl=0

3 hours ago, actionxboy said:

I've done a little bit of work on my mod(AKA adding an engine, resource generator, and a resource definition) and I've ran into an issue.  My engine provides no thrust -_-

It's getting all the necessary fuel(I had to turn on infinite fuel because the fuel tank is still in beta) but it is showing no signs of thrust with its 80302 thrust and around 8000 ISP I believe.

I have no idea what's wrong with it(when I tried to edit an Ion Engine the same thing happened)

Here's the link for the mod if someone could debug it for me and tell me whats wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2aml1qcpmm8ow6/Valitech Space Agency V0.04.zip?dl=0

Did you goto any of the link that wasml posted ? I know they are old but engines haven't change much and looking at your engine you don't have a thrustTransform on it is your problem you have to add it to your model also

and forgot the forums got nuked some of them are gone :(

Edited by Mecripp2

7 minutes ago, actionxboy said:

Yup? Are you in it too?

Alumni, I'm a senior in college now. Was the head of one of our mechanical subteams ('B' mechanism for the secondary objective, plus the drivetrain) and the pit crew. Was planning on trying to go to college for mechanical engineering, then on a whim decided to try and enter the safety animation contest... next thing I know I'm an art major, and now I'm making models for KSP. Team 1511 if the name rings a bell. :)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alumni, I'm a senior in college now. Was the head of one of our mechanical subteams ('B' mechanism for the secondary objective, plus the drivetrain) and the pit crew. Was planning on trying to go to college for mechanical engineering, then on a whim decided to try and enter the safety animation contest... next thing I know I'm an art major, and now I'm making models for KSP. Team 1511 if the name rings a bell. :)

Nice :P It's my first year of high school.

It's my first year in FRC as well, and I've decided to be in the marketing group for Team 537 despite not knowing how to write a decent essay :/

I started modeling last Tuesday and I'm almost finished with 3 parts(as well as the cfg for them).  Have you created any mods?

12 minutes ago, actionxboy said:

Nice :P It's my first year of high school.

It's my first year in FRC as well, and I've decided to be in the marketing group for Team 537 despite not knowing how to write a decent essay :/

I started modeling last Tuesday and I'm almost finished with 3 parts(as well as the cfg for them).  Have you created any mods?

Just a few small ones. :) They're linked in my sig.

59 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Just a few small ones. :) They're linked in my sig.

Cool! I got the engine working :P but the radial fuel tanks are not cooperating with me -_- they will be placed and not be able to be picked up again.  Would you be able to take a look at it and see if you can figure out what the issue is?

Link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk7fpedfowribiz/Valitech Space Agency V0.04.zip?dl=0

6 hours ago, actionxboy said:

Cool! I got the engine working :P but the radial fuel tanks are not cooperating with me -_- they will be placed and not be able to be picked up again.  Would you be able to take a look at it and see if you can figure out what the issue is?

Link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk7fpedfowribiz/Valitech Space Agency V0.04.zip?dl=0

Your likely missing a collider in unity if you can't pick a part up. 

11 hours ago, actionxboy said:

5 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Your likely missing a collider in unity if you can't pick a part up. 

This post has info on how to do the Unity setup.

Also, re: folder naming conventions, don't use the ' symbol. I don't even use spaces.

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

This post has info on how to do the Unity setup.

Also, re: folder naming conventions, don't use the ' symbol. I don't even use spaces.

Hi! I'm back with the engine, fuel tank, and generators all set up(besides the bad paint jobs which I'll fix in time). This is a link to V0.04 of the mod with the previously mentioned items. Keep in mind the engine needs a lot of electricity to run at first, but it's alternator should make it better over time.  Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7m0meomkuminor/Valitech Space Agency V0.04.zip?dl=0                       All of the directions are inside the 'readme.txt'.

Edited by actionxboy
New link repairing gimbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.