Ship decides it's beyond physics at 160 odd m/s

Hey guys,this is my first post here with a technical issue i have been trying to find a ready made solution to but to no avail.

i have a craft weighing approximately 3,200 tons with just over 1000 parts, the launch is very smooth beside's a small side step but then procceds on a stable path out towards space. 

At around 160 m/s the game freezes for 4-5 seconds then it seems as though the ships breaks apart from about 15 different places simultaneously, and the weirdest thing is when it breaks up the entire craft and all debris are flung at a ridiculous speed straight out into the solar system without accelerating or decelerating. the only way to stop its journey to the end of the universe is to time warp which seems to reset its knowledge of time and space and everything physics.

Any help is greatly appreciated xD

Most likely you are having TONS of lag. which causes physics to somewhat break. Also the drag at that speed MAY cause it to rip apart depending how aerodynamic it is and how structurally sound it is. That in a combination with the odd physics at low FPS is what causes this.

Thanks for the help, i will wind down all my settings and give that a shot, howevere i have another issue of after kerbal has a fit sometimes my ships save file gets put in like a limbo.

Where the file will load and the ship will be in the construction bay, but the load file screen will not disapear and the engineer will tell me for all intensive purposes there is no craft in the bay. This also prevents me launching or altering the ship. i sent this problem off to the guys at kerbal support with my save file but they havent had the chance to get back to me yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.