[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Hi, is the breaking ground expansion compatible with this mod collection? I saw some screenshots with rovers in your site but am not sure if those come with some mods aswell?

EDIT: I guess u dont support it for good reasons, but please add it to your installation instructions that it's not recommended or smth.

Edited by lonza

18 hours ago, lonza said:

Hi, is the breaking ground expansion compatible with this mod collection? I saw some screenshots with rovers in your site but am not sure if those come with some mods aswell?

EDIT: I guess u dont support it for good reasons, but please add it to your installation instructions that it's not recommended or smth.

Having Breaking Ground installed doesn't do anything, it isn't configured as of now. If you're looking for Robotics you may have a look at Infernal Robotics 

3 minutes ago, lonza said:

Hey again, I just wanted to design my first Sounding Rocket but somehow the deltaV and speed calculations dont work. Do u have an idea what I might have to do? https://imgur.com/a/K5JEGQA

Mechjeb is working, your fuel tanks are just empty, you will have to fill them with fuel. (click that button above "tool tank")

14 minutes ago, ValiZockt said:

Having Breaking Ground installed doesn't do anything, it isn't configured as of now. If you're looking for Robotics you may have a look at Infernal Robotics 

Mechjeb is working, your fuel tanks are just empty, you will have to fill them with fuel. (click that button above "tool tank")

okay, thank you it worked! Inf Robo seems to be for 1.7 atm. I'm at 1.8.1. but thanks, will follow its development

Edited by lonza

1 hour ago, lonza said:

Hey, is there some guide for early airplanes in RO? They always struggle to left/right before lift-off and loose a wing... https://imgur.com/a/b6Cu9mZ

Any tips? Or should I just avoid them for now?

I do it the following way -

remap controls, so you can control steerable wheel separately from the rudder. (Ideally have rudder controlled by a joystick). Use wheel control when the speed is low, use rudder when going fast. This way you are less likely to oversteer.

11 hours ago, siimav said:

Also I would suggest installing KSPWheel if you haven't done that already

Hm I'm not sure if end-users need to install it. On the mod page he says its merely for modders to be used in their own mods?

25 minutes ago, lonza said:

Hm I'm not sure if end-users need to install it. On the mod page he says its merely for modders to be used in their own mods?

RO is an exception. It has configs that modify stock wheels when KSPWheel is present.

Edited by whale_2

So i landed successfully, how can i recover the plane to retank it and fly it again? If i hit recover, it seems to be disassembled. And is there a way to set an aim on my navbal (e.g. the landing site)?

Also my nights are extremly dark, is there some mod to change this even if its not rly realistic?

(sry dont want to annoy you ;D)

Edited by lonza

On 5/27/2020 at 11:54 AM, lonza said:

Also my nights are extremly dark, is there some mod to change this even if its not rly realistic?

Tried to increase the vacuumLightLevel or the ambient Light in the Settings.cfg of PlanetShine, which didnt work...

also scatterer's config.cfg disableAmbientLight = False didnt change it.

Any other ideas?

On 5/27/2020 at 6:54 AM, lonza said:

So i landed successfully, how can i recover the plane to retank it and fly it again? If i hit recover, it seems to be disassembled. And is there a way to set an aim on my navbal (e.g. the landing site)?

The regular Realism Overhaul utilizes stock mechanics for recovering vessels. If you recover a vessel, you'll be reimbursed for the value of the recovered parts, but the vessel will be disassembled and you will have to build it again to re-fly.

At the risk of incorporating significant complexity, Realistic Progression 1 (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki) introduces the mechanics I believe you are after. By using the Kerbal Construction Time mod, RP-1 offers the ability to recover a vessel, re-fuel it & re-fly it with minimal lead times.

Edited by hypervelocity

24 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

The regular Realism Overhaul utilizes stock mechanics for recovering vessels. If you recover a vessel, you'll be reimbursed for the value of the recovered parts, but the vessel will be disassembled and you will have to build it again to re-fly.

At the risk of incorporating significant complexity, Realistic Progression 1 (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki) introduces the mechanics I believe you are after. By using the Kerbal Construction Time mod, RP-1 offers the ability to recover a vessel, re-fuel it & re-fly it with minimal lead times.

Hm yeah I'm already using it. Thanks, I will try to find it in the menus.

5 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

If under RP-1, select "Recover to SPH/VAB" to be able to re-utilize the vessel. Note you will need to roll it out again from the KCT menu.

Ah right, the recovery is also via the KCT menu. thx again!