[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

I can’t click on items on the Tracking Station/Map views. Mouse-over works just fine, though. The window to selection and option (Navigate to, etc), just flashes, the view re-centers to Earth and I can’t zoom in much after that. I have a RSS/RO/RP-1 in v.1.8.1 with the recommended visual mods (and with Principia). Is there a known workaround for this? I suspect that I won’t be able to select targets whenever I get to orbit since it also requires clicking on things in the map view. 

Incidentally, the space Center sometime seems to have offset hotspots to click on buildings. This may be the same issue. I can fix this be leaving the space Center and coming back. But this doesn’t work for map/tracker view. 

Edited by Bongotastic

@Kerbal enginner bird boi RO isn't officially supported but I've been able to get it to work(Kopernicus doesn't work so use the modified version from the visual pack from this video, its in the description)other than that I just used the latest versions of all the mods and it worked. However RP1  doesn't work. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Elon Musk the god said:

@Kerbal enginner bird boi RO isn't officially supported but I've been able to get it to work(Kopernicus doesn't work so use the modified version from the visual pack from this video, its in the description)other than that I just used the latest versions of all the mods and it worked. However RP1  doesn't work. Hope this helps.

I've gotten an rp-1 install running on 1.9.1 but trust me you really don't want to do it. unlike the old versions of ro/rp-1 saves do transfer so you can always update once support is official, but kopernicus on 1.9.1 lags to hell and back and renders the game unplayable in my experience

Hi all,

I've encountered a strange bug where the TAC Life Support consumption changes are not applying correctly (ie. food in the RO two person pod lasts for 216 days, Kerbals still require electricity, etc.) I am having this issue on both my heavily modded install as well as a clean copy, so I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I can provide logs if needed but I have a feeling that this may be a global issue with something going wrong during the MM patching. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've installed all the mods (except for the visual enhancements for the moment) according to the instructions at https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.8.1

Things appear to be working okay though I don't have any of the du guff when I right click on an engine. The four lines between the Engine button and 'Rated burntime' as shown here https://imgur.com/a/K5JEGQA aren't present. How do I get then to appear?

Also is there a way to show all the patches that are running. Patch manager just shows ROEngines.

Lastly, all flights end in either an explosion or engine shutdown when about 10% of the fuel is remaining. I can never get over 95km. TestLite says something about complete engine shutdown so I suppose that's it working. Seems odd though that I'm collecting telemetry then building new sounding  rockets only to have the same failure.

Edited by GabhanRua
Resolved by installing TestFlight instead of TestLite

On 6/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, Probro said:

any chance this could be updated for 1.10? and does this come with RSS?

RSS needs to be installed separately. There's no need to update this as RSS is a requirement, and Kopernicus is a requirement of RSS, so until Kopernicus and RSS support 1.10...

On 6/25/2020 at 1:36 PM, GabhanRua said:

The four lines between the Engine button and 'Rated burntime' as shown here https://imgur.com/a/K5JEGQA aren't present.

I'm pretty sure that the screenshot was taken with testflight installed, whereas you said you have TestLite installed.  (TestLite is a newer replacement for testflight, and doesn't have the same display).  

On 6/25/2020 at 1:36 PM, GabhanRua said:

Lastly, all flights end in either an explosion or engine shutdown when about 10% of the fuel is remaining. I can never get over 95km. TestLite says something about complete engine shutdown so I suppose that's it working.

Are you trying to run that engine for more than it's rated burntime?  If so by how much, and what settings are you using for testlite?

5 hours ago, Ciko said:

Is it normal that both Raptor engines always in protective barrel casing? How can I disable it ? There is no menu for that

Make sure you have all the ROEngines dependencies installed. Specifically take a look at B9PartSwitch.

Edited by siimav

this is probably a stupid question but is airplane plus compatible? I just saw that it shoes it as compatible on AJE extended and was wondering if it works with RO. also KSPI-E is pretty realistic so i was wondering if it works with RO. what mod adds the experiment research time?

Edited by epicfailure2020

Hello,

I installed RSS+RO for KSP 1.8.1, and I have encountered some issues.  First of all, RSSVE isn't working; clouds and atmospheres don't render, as seen in these screenshots:

Spoiler

tOu7JdP2qRDntMODMkJKf1sjet1Tx8J3irq36BGz

NAZ3ugzBc0pyOtskqQIf28-YAmfQ3H1Go535aPxW

TGJDREJqlt1qjEPKJUy-0K7QwxBkg8A3ALY6YI3D

When Pluto is zoomed into as far as is possible in map view, a strange deep blue ring appears around it.

5XyLftc38Mv2UCGhDJa-ohj3y8Tvvm4eiCDF1UlZ

The other problem is that many parts are missing textures.  In the Part Selection Menu, the missing parts appear gray.  However, when the parts are placed, the missing textures are replaced with a glowing hot pink texture.

Spoiler

ejCPHjYQOaGjG24zeCAak7QC6u7JyTgG7WquqaeI

qDfh5-qn0sa0tZTBJ3Yut0z6Vm91z_thl2MnkuAx

My GameData folder:

Spoiler

KsehgI0nEymJI61OK02gNPcoEIb6KLbUVpuC_DsY
Yed1kvbevDc9PL4jktT1sZ-QDd19uVpa-hjug9x1

Is there something I'm missing?  I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so it has to be something on my end.

Thanks.

IS there a way to disable the fuel pressure function in the engine? I mean, that the engines can be turned on under any conditions, even without traction which gravity drives fuel into the lower part of the tank...Which line of code is responsible for this?

43 minutes ago, Ciko said:

IS there a way to disable the fuel pressure function in the engine? I mean, that the engines can be turned on under any conditions, even without traction which gravity drives fuel into the lower part of the tank...Which line of code is responsible for this?

Go to the RealFuels folder, open the RealSettings.cfg and set simulateUllage to false. 

11 hours ago, Ciko said:

Nevertheless I think that's expected for the pressurized tanks feeding pressure-fed engines. For the broader rest of engines (say liquid), you need to exert a force for the propellant to move to the bottom of the tank (ullage), usually done with the spacecraft's RCS ports.

Edited by hypervelocity