[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

12 hours ago, bob1122 said:

hi is realplume needed i already have waterfall and i like that mod

Hi,

so ROWaterfall features an entirely and beautifully configured plume selection when you use it with ROEngines. All other mods would need to provide their own configs for Waterfall, most of them (especially  part packs) will feature RealPlume since ROWaterfall *only* works when you have Waterfall installed and the engine is configured for it. Otherwise RealPlume will take over (if the engine is configured). No harm in trying it out, @Al2Me6 and his team did an amazing job on the Waterfall configs.

11 hours ago, Theysen said:

Hi,

so ROWaterfall features an entirely and beautifully configured plume selection when you use it with ROEngines. All other mods would need to provide their own configs for Waterfall, most of them (especially  part packs) will feature RealPlume since ROWaterfall *only* works when you have Waterfall installed and the engine is configured for it. Otherwise RealPlume will take over (if the engine is configured). No harm in trying it out, @Al2Me6 and his team did an amazing job on the Waterfall configs.

ok thanks

Hi there.

New to the party I am currently installing the latest RO/RP1 version but I have a little issue that is bothering me. When I'm in either editor (VAB or SPH) the earth ground is missing as if no texture or mesh applied (full black hole). Do you have a fix for such issue ? 

The only thing I found on the matter is a post on Reddit of some guy having the same issue : https://www.reddit.com/r/RealSolarSystem/comments/nobumb/black_ground_in_vab/

Regards.

Hello

Any chance to fix the bug with MLI on procedural tanks? I don't know if I am on the good thread but Multi insulation layers on Procedural Parts still revert to 20 once you revert your flight to launch or to VAB, whatever is the value you save before on your ship I am not even sure the MLI value stays to the value you first choose when you save your flight after a launch.

@NathanKell NathanKell released this 37 minutes ago

New features:

• Display the rated burn time and the rated total cumulative burn time together as "xx/yyy" in the part tooltip for engines that define both. Fixes the XLR11 displaying a rated burn time of 3600, for example.
  • Deprecate and hide some old, unused parts.
  • Deprecate and hide the procedural battery, since procedural service module tanks are the correct way to add batteries (they offer various levels of efficiency).
  • Kerbal EVA thrust reduced a bit to better represent coldgas Nitrogen

Bug Fixes

• Fix broken tech transfer on the RD-107/8 and RD-211/3 engines (#2485).
  • Fix the X-1/Conic cockpit
  • Mark the generated B9PS switcher for Waterfall configs as "switch in flight".
  • Fix the JPL config of the Baby Sergeant having the wrong propellant and not working.
  • CKAN-conflict other Waterfall configs (i.e. Waterfall-stock and Waterfall-Restock) that conflict with RO's configs.
  • Fix some extraneous cfg settings being applied to EVA kerbals

Contributors:

Thanks to: @jwvanderbeck , @NathanKell, @pap1723, @al2me6

Thanks to all who have given support in issues, comments and discord discussions. Your contributions are greatly valued!

• 2 weeks later...

@NathanKell NathanKell released this 19 minutes ago · 1 commit to master since this release

New features:

• Early jet engines now have more appropriate (slower) throttling behavior.
  • The Conic Cockpit now makes reference to it actually being the X-1 cockpit.

Bug Fixes

• No more squished Waterfall plumes! Requires Waterfall 0.6.7+
  • Fixed missing pressurant on various RN and other parts.
  • Fixed Viking/Vikas using up water using the wrong flow mode (i.e. from across the vessel).
  • Fixed X-1 cockpit's center of mass, increased its thermal limits.
  • Fixed wrong plume color on HTP RCS.

Contributors:

Thanks to: @raidernick, @NathanKell, @al2me6

Thanks to all who have given support in issues, comments and discord discussions. Your contributions are greatly valued!

Hello I got the same problem with KSP 1.10.1 RSS RO

The game is freezing on loading after having applied patches, it freezes on ProceduralParts, whatever is the proceduralparts version for KSP 1.10.1...........Here it is with the last version

Here is my log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk6y0k93aef0t7v/KSP.log?dl=0

Thank you for help, I think some RO mods, even updated, are making some mess with other ones. There only RSS and RO mods in my Game data folder. I checked with RSS mods only and the game loads and opens and runs perfectly. As soon as I add the RO mods, it freezes on loading

I installed it, and am having great fun, but how do I ignite the engines that say "Ignitions remaining: Ground launch clamps"? The stock TT-18A doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, what are some good part mods?

Edited by LHACK4142
added something

31 minutes ago, LHACK4142 said:

I installed it, and am having great fun, but how do I ignite the engines that say "Ignitions remaining: Ground launch clamps"? The stock TT-18A doesn't seem to do anything.

Did you ignite the engines is a separate stage prior to detaching clamps?

Trying this mod for the first time. I recently deleted all other mods and reinstalled KSP. I'm now trying it with RSS (which works), but when I add RO things get weird. I can't click and enter the VAB/Space Plane Hanger etc. I can enter the Astronaut Complex but I can't leave it!  This happen to anyone else? Any ideas? 

2 hours ago, MacGregor said:

Trying this mod for the first time. I recently deleted all other mods and reinstalled KSP. I'm now trying it with RSS (which works), but when I add RO things get weird. I can't click and enter the VAB/Space Plane Hanger etc. I can enter the Astronaut Complex but I can't leave it!  This happen to anyone else? Any ideas? 

I've never seen that.  RO is a large and complex set of mods.  My guess is that either that something is missing/incorrectly installed, or you installed a version of something that is incompatible with either your version of KSP or with some other mod(s).

So some basic questions?  

What version of KSP?   

What operating system are you installing on?

Which version of RO?

How did you install it?  CKAN (highly recommended) or manual installation?   Did you follow the install guide?  (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.10.1 for RO + RP-1, or https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Advanced-Install-for-1.10.1 for just RO).

Hello,

I installed the mod using CKAN but when i open the VAB unity crashes, I have already tried reinstalling the game and the mods but this doesn't work. Any ideas? 

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow2dlwww547eooj/Player.log?dl=0

video: https://youtu.be/z-LMWxs79DE

Edited by alekkat
additional info

@NathanKell NathanKell released this yesterday · 1 commit to master since this release

Config Changes

• Fix X-405H configs so they can use RF mixture variance. Note actual delivered performance has not changed although the Isp shown in the game is different.
  • Tweak reliability and tech transfer on the Juno 6K and 45K engines so they gain some transfer from AJ10s and their reliability ceiling fits better with their type and era.

Bug Fixes

• Fix Asteroids, Comets, and Flags being marked as non-RO parts.
  • Fix missing rated burn time on the E-1_KS config.
  • Fix interaction between the vessel rotation module and unloaded vessels.

Contributors:

Thanks to: @siimav, @NathanKell

On 8/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, AVaughan said:

I've never seen that.  RO is a large and complex set of mods.  My guess is that either that something is missing/incorrectly installed, or you installed a version of something that is incompatible with either your version of KSP or with some other mod(s).

So some basic questions?  

What version of KSP?   

What operating system are you installing on?

Which version of RO?

How did you install it?  CKAN (highly recommended) or manual installation?   Did you follow the install guide?  (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.10.1 for RO + RP-1, or https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Advanced-Install-for-1.10.1 for just RO).

I'm using  the most up to date KSP version 1.12 

My PC runs Windows 10  20H2

My version of RO is the latest v14.4.1.0

I did use CKAN. I think I've been following the install guides, but either way its still not letting my click on most stuff at the space center. 

Edited by MacGregor

44 minutes ago, MacGregor said:

I'm using  the most up to date KSP version 1.12 

My PC runs Windows 10  20H2

My version of RO is the latest v14.4.1.0

I did use CKAN. I think I've been following the install guides, but either way its still not letting my click on most stuff at the space center. 

realism overhaul is not yet compatible with 1.12. downgrade to 1.10 as shown in @Theysen's post

Edited by mcwaffles2003

I have recently started a new play-through on RO and just flew a plane over the grasslands and shores with four science experiments running.  Thermometer, barometer crew report and telemetry i think was the last one.  however after watching all the timers hit zero in both zones for all experiments and coming back to land, I got zero science after recovery.  I had no new science after being back at the KSC and the archives show that almost all the experiments i've done so far are worth zero science.  My game settings were set to normal and I didn't add any mods that alter science payout.  Is it supposed to be this way so you have to use science from rocket stuff early on, or did I do something wrong  during setup?

4 hours ago, IronHide4 said:

I have recently started a new play-through on RO and just flew a plane over the grasslands and shores with four science experiments running.  Thermometer, barometer crew report and telemetry i think was the last one.  however after watching all the timers hit zero in both zones for all experiments and coming back to land, I got zero science after recovery.  I had no new science after being back at the KSC and the archives show that almost all the experiments i've done so far are worth zero science.  My game settings were set to normal and I didn't add any mods that alter science payout.  Is it supposed to be this way so you have to use science from rocket stuff early on, or did I do something wrong  during setup?

That is in fact an RP-1 question and not an RO question.

Regardless, the answer is: since a few versions ago, there is no uncrewed science to be gained below 40km altitude. The only flying low science on Earth are the crewed supersonic experiments. This was done to discourage flying a Cessna around to take pictures, since that doesn't make sense.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, IronHide4 said:

You don't recover science after landing, it is constantly transmitted if you have an antenna and that antenna is turned on. Also, many basic science experiments (thermometry and barometry) are worth no science on earth in different biomes. To get science while flying biome to biome I believe starts with photography.