Jump to content

[1.10.1] Realism Overhaul [27 Jul 2021]


Theysen
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright... Not sure if I'm meant to post here or not but I assume that I can:

 

Anyone able to help me with why (and possibly how to disable) the feature that stops timewarp whenever a probe/satellite (or anything) loses signal? Trying to warp to a new build and it keeps stopping because of (what I assume is the reason anyways) a message pop up that says "WARNING" or "RELAX" (I'm sure you all know what I'm on about there). Right now, I am warping when I'm at the space centre, not controlling the probe. 

 

It also annoys me with this when I'm warping to a maneuver! 

09etPSH.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mgzsman06 said:

Alright... Not sure if I'm meant to post here or not but I assume that I can:

 

Anyone able to help me with why (and possibly how to disable) the feature that stops timewarp whenever a probe/satellite (or anything) loses signal? Trying to warp to a new build and it keeps stopping because of (what I assume is the reason anyways) a message pop up that says "WARNING" or "RELAX" (I'm sure you all know what I'm on about there). Right now, I am warping when I'm at the space centre, not controlling the probe. 

 

It also annoys me with this when I'm warping to a maneuver! 

09etPSH.jpg

Kerbalism may be doing this. Select the craft from the Kerbalism window and go to the config tab. Unclick the notification boxes and see if that does it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

v14.8.0 for KSP 1.10

 

Config Changes

  • Decrease RD-0212 mass and Isp, increase thrust (#2535)
  • Restore the thermal rebalance values that got lost at #2452
  • R-4D fuel ratios and fuel changed (#2531)
  • Un-hide restockplus RSRM (#2545)
  • Fix scale of KTDU417 with restock (#2547)
  • Slightly increase thrust on LR87/91 AJ-9-Kero
  • Change title and description on LR89 series engine
  • Fix transfer for speculative Kero LR87/91
  • Decrease AltairIII fuel amount (#2552)
  • Add engine configs for the RL-10A-4N and RL-10A-4-1N extendable-nozzle variants, used by Atlas II and III.
  • Add support for new ROEngines parts.
  • Add J57-P-8, RD-9B (#2548)
  • Adjust size and CoM offset of jet engines (#2548)

Bug Fixes

  • Fix KTDU425 rated burn time not being displayed (#2534)
  • Fix detection of Persistent Rotation Upgraded.

Contributors:

Thanks to: @lpgagnon, @al2me6, @siimav, @ZombieZilla, @undeadfake, @Capkirk123, @NathanKell

Thanks to all who have given support in issues, comments and discord discussions. Your contributions are greatly valued!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stuck stages

Hello, I've been playing RO for a while now and I've noticed that whenever I detach stages, they remain trailing behind me through ascent, all the way up to orbit. Once I timewarp they vanish. I think it's been happening since I got RO, but I'm only saying something now because I don't want to keep dealing with it. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oErJL8WPS-EaWU166e90Na7bGYpgF4Y/view

(the object 20 km away is a little connector piece that was not affected by this for some reason)

Edited by Froost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ksp player said:

Whenever I install RO, the loading bar always stops, but the loading tips and the images keep on playing.

What KSP version?

Did you follow the install guide?  (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Installation)

My RO + RP-1 install works for me. 

It does take a while to load, and sometimes the progress bar seems to stop.  If you are low on RAM, and paging to disk, then that will really slow down progress and could easily make you think it has stopped.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having a very bizarre problem with LR89 engines. When I try to fire them, the fuel gauge comes up, the throttle, thrust, and temperature readouts in the detail menu ramp up, but mass flow and ISP stay at zero. No fire, no actual thrust generated. Meanwhile, the LR105 and LR101s fire up just fine. I thought maybe it was the Atlas booster decoupler, but same issue when directly connected to the tank. I checked and the part is fully researched and owned. I haven't found any errors or exceptions in the log either.

Is there something I'm missing or is this broken?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Omnipius said:

I'm having a very bizarre problem with LR89 engines. When I try to fire them, the fuel gauge comes up, the throttle, thrust, and temperature readouts in the detail menu ramp up, but mass flow and ISP stay at zero. No fire, no actual thrust generated. Meanwhile, the LR105 and LR101s fire up just fine. I thought maybe it was the Atlas booster decoupler, but same issue when directly connected to the tank. I checked and the part is fully researched and owned. I haven't found any errors or exceptions in the log either.

Is there something I'm missing or is this broken?

Uninstall PersistentThrust

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 2:51 AM, ksp player said:

I'm on 1.12.2, but the thing is that when I try to change my version on steam, the folder with RO doesn't change with it.

I would strongly recommend creating a new folder to add mods to, instead of the normal Steam installation location. RO in particular must be played on 1.10.1 and is not tolerant of newer versions at all.  You can literally just copy/paste your game files to another folder and it will still work.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say Steam isn't changing the game files, but if you copy them over manually it will work fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SilNaZ said:

Could you link it? Is it the dev branch? I went to the mod config and it said it was for 1.10.1

 

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/dev

You would need to download the entire source tree and extract the GameData folder (green Code button on the upper right).  However, using a dev version is a bit dangerous.  Don't expect it to always work or be complete.  It's in development for a reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 5:08 AM, ksp player said:

 What mod is this? I found this in the loading screen, I know the orion parts are from rocapsules etc. but what about the sls part?g3qaHne.png

I think that will be ReDirect if I am correct or ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about RO Tanks:

The service module tanks' descriptions start with a red warning "Not intended to hold fuel". How am I supposed to add an RCS tank, since the other 3 types cannot hold hydrazine? 

EDIT - Any type of integral structure tank  with "Highly pressurized" type should work, it just happens that sometimes you have to remove the engines/RCS and add them again to force real fuels to identify the fuel mixture

Edited by mateusviccari
Found the fix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have got some issues on the RO fuel tanks. Even i use the sandbox mode and balloon tanks, the dry mass ratios of the tanks are still very low(eg.10T/40Twhen carrying kerosene+oxygen),  is this normal? It make me very difficult to build a useable rocket. On the other hand,the value of procedural tank seen to be more reasonable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 2:49 AM, anthonylau_ said:

I have got some issues on the RO fuel tanks. Even i use the sandbox mode and balloon tanks, the dry mass ratios of the tanks are still very low(eg.10T/40Twhen carrying kerosene+oxygen),  is this normal? It make me very difficult to build a useable rocket. On the other hand,the value of procedural tank seen to be more reasonable.

What tanks are you talking about there? Though I highly recommend using only procedural tanks (or Modular tanks, from ROTanks) instead anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...