[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

8 hours ago, jstnj said:

@Phineas Freak downloaded the latest from the dev branch this afternoon just to be sure--I'm still getting the 2 errors related to that config file. Like I said...I suspect it might be a parts pack? Could be wrong though.

Is there any way to get a more verbose error message to see what is actually failing when trying to utilize the " RO_RCS_Config.cfg" file?

Just for info, I did get everything to load ok in my build.  I do get 4 errors reported with that file, but doesn't stop game from loading.  The spreadsheet pointed to the master build of Test Flight instead of the dev build.  Once I replaced that the only crash point for me was with the EngineVariant_Config file loaded a FASA part (LFE_Gemini_Transtage_Twin) caused the game to freeze on loading.   Removing that part allows my game to load okay.

One issues I'm having though is the stock variants of RO engines, for example the stock aerobee engine, isn't loading. Several others seem to be missing too. 

3 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

The spreadsheet pointed to the master build of Test Flight instead of the dev build. 

Thanks @Chippy the Space Dog; I had the master build of Test Flight installed, but as soon as I removed it KSP-RO started right up! I'm working on my first rocket now in sandbox, so I've yet to see if I run across the same type of error as you.

@WildDoktor  Sounds like you're at the same point as I am then.  Happy flying!  In career mode the stock aerobee seems to be more powerful than FASA's (judging by Nathankell's Rusty RP1 series on youtube) some I'm missing the early punch to the Karman line, but things all seem to be working except the stock versions of the rockets.  But RSS/RO is just so darn fun!

Well, I did a complete reinstall and everything is working. Even no errors reported on the loading screen, and stock engines are showing now.  I think my error was with Real Fuels.  Didn't notice that CKAN installed a version by itself.  I kept that version but overwrote it with the one from the modular fuel tanks link (as directed I didn't install MFT itself).  Anyway, whatever the issue was, everything is fine now. :)

17 hours ago, jstnj said:

@Phineas Freak downloaded the latest from the dev branch this afternoon just to be sure--I'm still getting the 2 errors related to that config file. Like I said...I suspect it might be a parts pack? Could be wrong though.

Is there any way to get a more verbose error message to see what is actually failing when trying to utilize the " RO_RCS_Config.cfg" file?

I'll drop a few links to things i have customized/stolen to fix things

RCS Errors, trying to figure out what fixed this  maybe the older RO_RCS had Need:/For: module manager problems that used to be ignored.  Make sure you are using latest MM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v5roxowbohroby/RO_RCS_Config.cfg?dl=0  from GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods  (this should be the same as current Dev branch)

Remotetech Contract Fix  if you get broken CC Contracts that require earth coverage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qcko5e8a8wq0ds/CC_RemoteTech.dll?dl=0

SCANSat Missions rounding negative initial scan coverage so never firing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5vricx1ydhk8zu/Scansat Missions Patch.zip?dl=0

8 minutes ago, Bornholio said:

RCS Errors, trying to figure out what fixed this  maybe the older RO_RCS had Need:/For: module manager problems that used to be ignored.  Make sure you are using latest MM

Just ran another test. When you follow the spreadsheet instructions and install Real Plume from CKAN, it installs a very old version of Real Fuels as a dependency with a default additional folder called Real Fuels - Stockalike.  Deleting that folder (as well as overwriting the Real Fuels folder with the manual download one, seems to get rid of the RCS config errors.

1 hour ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Just ran another test. When you follow the spreadsheet instructions and install Real Plume from CKAN, it installs a very old version of Real Fuels as a dependency with a default additional folder called Real Fuels - Stockalike.  Deleting that folder (as well as overwriting the Real Fuels folder with the manual download one, seems to get rid of the RCS config errors.

Please, could you share your GameData folder with the all working addons? I've spent 2 days to make RO/RSS work but still have the same problems you also had - "4 errors related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/RO_RCS_Config.cfg" and freezing on "FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Centaur/LFE_Gemini_Transtage_Twin/FASAGeminiLFECentarTwin"

Also Real Fuels works only from CKAN install. When I follow the instructions from the Bornholio's post the RF doesn't work at all.

Edited by Cognitive_demi

1 hour ago, Cognitive_demi said:

Please, could you share your GameData folder with the all working addons?

Here you go.  I had those errors too at first.

I installed Real Fuels by letting CKAN do it, then deleting the stockalike configs folder, then pasting the Real Fuels folder contents over the top of the one CKAN installed.

Spoiler

iwRNxvg.jpg

I'm sorry if this issue has been raised before (I haven't seen it mentioned on the last few pages, so I don't think it has). I recently downloaded the dev RO/RP-1 mod suite. After a fair amount of early troubleshooting (Thanks @Bornholio and @JohnMcLane for your help), the mods seem to be stable and working as designed. However, after unlocking the RD-108, I found that it didn't have any alternative configurations. Indeed, right-clicking on it in the VAB didn't even reveal the "Engines GUI" menu that almost every other engine has. The configs are listed in the R&D center, but they don't show up in the engine description menu, and can't be chosen because the Engines GUI button doesn't appear. 

Here's my output log. Mod list below:

Spoiler

RSS Master and 4092 Textures

RO Master and required mods

RP-1 Master and required mods

(All mods below are either github master or latest release unless otherwise specified)

[X] Science (with stutter fix .dll)

Filter Extensions

Toolbar

B9 Procedural Wings

ATK Propulsion Pack

B9 Part Switch 

Background Resources

Custom Decals

Community Category Kit

Community Real Agency Pack

Connected Living Space

Field Research

Cryogenic Engines & Tanks

DMagic Orbital Science

Dynamic Battery Storage

FASA

FRE (Latest release. Master is currently broken)

Freedom Textures

Hangar Extender

KCT (With fix .dll), and Magicore

Kerbal Renamer

Kopernicus (1.3.1 v. 3. Oceans absent on later releases)

KRASH 

KSC Switcher

KSP Addon Version Checker

KW Rocketry

Mainsailor's Complete Procedural Parts Textures

Mechjeb2

MemGraph

Niche Parts

Persistent Rotation

Principia

Procedural Fairings (For Everything)

Procedural Parts

Remote Tech

Retractable Lifting Surface

RSS Date Time Formatter

Ship Manifest

Soviet Engines

SXT

Taerobee

Test Flight (dev branch master)

TAC Life Support

Ven Stock Revamp

Wild Blue Tools

5 hours ago, gemini4 said:

I'm sorry if this issue has been raised before (I haven't seen it mentioned on the last few pages, so I don't think it has). I recently downloaded the dev RO/RP-1 mod suite. After a fair amount of early troubleshooting (Thanks @Bornholio and @JohnMcLane for your help), the mods seem to be stable and working as designed. However, after unlocking the RD-108, I found that it didn't have any alternative configurations. Indeed, right-clicking on it in the VAB didn't even reveal the "Engines GUI" menu that almost every other engine has. The configs are listed in the R&D center, but they don't show up in the engine description menu, and can't be chosen because the Engines GUI button doesn't appear. 

Here's my output log. Mod list below:

Hide contents

RSS Master and 4092 Textures

RO Master and required mods

RP-1 Master and required mods

(All mods below are either github master or latest release unless otherwise specified)

[X] Science (with stutter fix .dll)

Filter Extensions

Toolbar

B9 Procedural Wings

ATK Propulsion Pack

B9 Part Switch 

Background Resources

Custom Decals

Community Category Kit

Community Real Agency Pack

Connected Living Space

Field Research

Cryogenic Engines & Tanks

DMagic Orbital Science

Dynamic Battery Storage

FASA

FRE (Latest release. Master is currently broken)

Freedom Textures

Hangar Extender

KCT (With fix .dll), and Magicore

Kerbal Renamer

Kopernicus (1.3.1 v. 3. Oceans absent on later releases)

KRASH 

KSC Switcher

KSP Addon Version Checker

KW Rocketry

Mainsailor's Complete Procedural Parts Textures

Mechjeb2

MemGraph

Niche Parts

Persistent Rotation

Principia

Procedural Fairings (For Everything)

Procedural Parts

Remote Tech

Retractable Lifting Surface

RSS Date Time Formatter

Ship Manifest

Soviet Engines

SXT

Taerobee

Test Flight (dev branch master)

TAC Life Support

Ven Stock Revamp

Wild Blue Tools

Already fixed in this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/pull/1809 and it is actually in the "dev" branch of RO. So make sure to redownload the branch and replace it with your current RealismOverhaul in your GameData.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:23 AM, Cognitive_demi said:

Please, could you share your GameData folder with the all working addons? I've spent 2 days to make RO/RSS work but still have the same problems you also had - "4 errors related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/RO_RCS_Config.cfg" and freezing on "FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Centaur/LFE_Gemini_Transtage_Twin/FASAGeminiLFECentarTwin"

Also Real Fuels works only from CKAN install. When I follow the instructions from the Bornholio's post the RF doesn't work at all.

Post your last output_Log.txt from the KSP_x64_Data Folder.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, Bornholio said:

I'll drop a few links to things i have customized/stolen to fix things

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v5roxowbohroby/RO_RCS_Config.cfg?dl=0  from GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods  (this should be the same as current Dev branch)

Remotetech Contract Fix  if you get broken CC Contracts that require earth coverage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qcko5e8a8wq0ds/CC_RemoteTech.dll?dl=0

SCANSat Missions rounding negative initial scan coverage so never firing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5vricx1ydhk8zu/Scansat Missions Patch.zip?dl=0

Hey @Bornholio thanks for the tips. Unfortunately all these fixes (including someones suggestion to delete unneeded RealPlume configs) didn't cause the errors to go away. I guess this is kind of a minor issue, the only reason I care about it is because MM wont cache my startup if there are errors...really annoying.

I'm still open to any more tips, and I am willing to do some extra troubleshooting if someone can help me figure out how to get more useful logs to figure out what the RCS configs are erroring out on :D

Sorry to bother you again, @Theysen. I followed your advice and re-downloaded the RO and RP-0 masters. I didn't change any of my other mods. Now, on attempting to load, I get 15 MM errors, and my game crashes after module manager finishes loading. I wasn't having this problem before, so should I just use the earlier RO file I had downloaded and copy the RD-108 fixes from the new file?

Output log here.

Recently started playing RO again. Haven't played for maybe a year. I've run into a problem with reentry - I can't. My heat shield always blows up, even if it still has ablator left (which, a lot of times, gets burned up quickly). Is it supposed to be this difficult? Some background info: I am using the heatshields acquired relatively early in a career game; NOT the lunar rated heat shields. I am, however, only returning from a low earth orbit. I have tried both steep and shallow descent profiles. I've also made my spacecraft as lightweight as practical. Thanks in advance! 

Hello!!. I have a problem. I installed the RSS and the RO with the CKAN, also installed with them some mods that I think are needed for the RO and the RSS to work, my problem is that one or several of those mods that were installed there is one that makes the engines take on the ignition reaching a point where they accelerate to full power after a while and the Mechjeb fails to control the thrust of the engines. Which of all the mods is the one that causes that effect? Or it will be a kind of plugin

I finally got RO up and running, but I keep getting a No Connection error with my rockets.  I copied the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file to my RemoteTech GameData folder, but nothing seems to work.  I'm assuming I should see the red dots for ground stations in map mode, correct? I don't see any of those.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to use Realism Overhaul for realistic solar panels, electricity consumption, and so on, but without rescaling parts like command pods to human-size, and using the Stockalike RF engine configs? I'm working on an install with roughly 10x upscaled planets, and I want all the physics and part performance to be as realistic as possible, but keeping the multiples-of-1.25m scale factor, as appropriate for meter-tall Kerbals.

I know the answer is probably somewhere in the configs, but I wanted to confirm that deleting the Engine_Configs folder that comes with RO and replacing it with something else won't break everything, and I can't find which config has the changes to parts like command pods and reaction wheels.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:04 PM, Cavgrei 14 :D said:

Hello!!. I have a problem. I installed the RSS and the RO with the CKAN, also installed with them some mods that I think are needed for the RO and the RSS to work, my problem is that one or several of those mods that were installed there is one that makes the engines take on the ignition reaching a point where they accelerate to full power after a while and the Mechjeb fails to control the thrust of the engines. Which of all the mods is the one that causes that effect? Or it will be a kind of plugin

Do you mean the engines can't be throttleable at all? Part of RO simulates the fact that most liquid fueled engines are not throttleable. 

On 10.03.2018 at 6:04 AM, Cavgrei 14 :D said:

Engines IRL także time to go to full thrust. It's kind of core-ish part of RO. Moreover, many of them can't be throttled. I'd advise using SMART A.S.S instead of Automated Ascent, as that might be the cause of the problem. 

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to debug wrong engine configurations and need your help, maybe someone can point towards a direction.

As background info, I installed RSS, RO and RP-1 as described on reddit following this spreadsheed https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=417044107. Most of it was clear and I'm only having a few errors related to FAR, which I think are not related to this issue here at hand. After playing the first few missions, I'm now mission 20 unlocking late 1960's technology, I encountered engines that were not correctly configured.

I'm picking the F1 engine as example. In the engine preview the configurations show properly with 7740.5 kn thrust (ASL). However, when checking the engine configuration "Configure F1- Series" there are two engines popping up (instead of one) and both having only 1800.0 kn thrust (ASL). I documented the issue with screenshots, see imgur album https://imgur.com/a/B6wn3.

Which mod, file is corrupt here and needs to be fixed? Has someone else encountered similar issues?

Best regards

What would I need to change in the files of this mod to make it so that the models did not re-scale?   Keep all the statistical changes, but just leave the rendered models the right size so they are compatible with parts that are not included in the re-scale.  

Also - I'd like to keep the pods scaled to Kerbals, it looks funny.  Sue me.