[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

18 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

Hey @si2504, I might be completely wrong (apologies if I am) but I think the following string determines if a part is shown as compatible with RO:

%RSSROConfig = False

I think if you change that to True the part should show as compatible with RO.

That just tags the part as WIP for RO.

I don't know if this is the right place to look for help regarding the mod, but I'm having  trouble with engines on second stages of my early sounding rockets not firing because of 'vapor in feedlines'
Why does this happen? How can I prevent it?

36 minutes ago, Geryz said:

I don't know if this is the right place to look for help regarding the mod, but I'm having  trouble with engines on second stages of my early sounding rockets not firing because of 'vapor in feedlines'
Why does this happen? How can I prevent it?

This is because you need to provide ullage. Try starting the second stage engine before the first stage burns out.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:21 PM, Wuwuk said:

It's a good mod, but as I tried it myself. It's a bit of pain in the ass. You see, you can't attach some parts properly at all. They just won't attach, try it, try it for hours, you just can't go and get it right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

I have a question about the MLI that are the isolation layers you can toggle from 20 to 100 on each tank or whatever that need isolation to avoid boil of

Every time I toggle that over 20 , let's say 100 for example, and I save my ship, when I load again, those MLI are again to 20. It looks like you can't save them at more than 20. 

If I want to take off with MLI 100, I must do it on the launch pad. 

Is there a setting somewhere in the game to fix that?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

When is the procedural SRB's gimbal bug going to be fixed? It just doesn't work. Or is there a fix I can do. Also does anyone know how to make the ICBM reentry vehicles work. They seem to explode from G's and Overheating at normal operating conditions. The titan 2 overheats on a normal 7km/s reentry at 20-30 degrees.

Edited by vladbush

• 3 weeks later...

I am having two problems. Or perhaps it's just only two questions. And I don't know wether it's an RO or an RP1 problem.

1º: I can't choose the "mount" option in fuel tanks. I seem to remember you could choose different mount sets, but I don't see any option other than choosing the texture for sides and end.

2º: I seem to be having a problem with avionics control mass. Or perhaps there isn't a problem, and I just don't get the mechanics. Here's an example of what I mean, the control mass WAAAAY exceeds the actual weight of the vessell.

3 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I am having two problems. Or perhaps it's just only two questions. And I don't know wether it's an RO or an RP1 problem.

1º: I can't choose the "mount" option in fuel tanks. I seem to remember you could choose different mount sets, but I don't see any option other than choosing the texture for sides and end.

2º: I seem to be having a problem with avionics control mass. Or perhaps there isn't a problem, and I just don't get the mechanics. Here's an example of what I mean, the control mass WAAAAY exceeds the actual weight of the vessell.

1. Sounds like you're using Procedural Parts. The tanks that provide noses and mounts are from ROTanks.
  2. You type your own number into that field and click "apply".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Theysen,

I've removed the download link for your RO Engines mod due to the mod violating the CC BY-NC-ND (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) license, which does not allow derivatives of content. Specifically, ROEngines uses unauthorized content from US Rockets and Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets.

Once you've either removed the unauthorized content or reached an agreement with the mod author, then we can restore the link. Please let the moderator staff know if you have any further questions.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hi @Theysen,

I've removed the download link for your RO Engines mod due to the mod violating the CC BY-NC-ND (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) license, which does not allow derivatives of content. Specifically, ROEngines uses unauthorized content from US Rockets and Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets.

Once you've either removed the unauthorized content or reached an agreement with the mod author, then we can restore the link. Please let the moderator staff know if you have any further questions.

Eehhhhh Am I missing something, or what?

Edited by Sesshaku

37 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

That's for RO as a whole, I am not involved directly with ROxxxx mods like ROengines, though I did give permission to use my models in this mod only. The complaint i made was in regards to another mod that was repackaging my stuff which apparently was using assets from here also. There is a great deal of confusion and misinformation going on that is being resolved behind the scenes at the moment. The main issue seems to stem from the fact that the license of this mod is supposed to be All Rights Reserved and was not only mislabeled here but also on ckan. It will be resolved soon hopefully.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hi @Theysen,

Hi Angel, thanks for the headsup and information. As I can see, the issue is already solved - can you tell me quickly WHERE did you remove a download link for RO Engines? I honestly cannot recall that I  even had it in the RO OP. Thank you in advance :)

21 hours ago, JohnKurveen said:

I know updating each mod for each game update is a tonne of work, but with KSP reaching a "final" version, would it be possible to update all the RO mods to the 1.12 version?

While it will almost certainly happen eventually, RO and its related mods are a complex beast. It might be many months before it is officially compatible. 

With the exception of KSP Burst (regular and lite) causing the game to hang at "Loading Part Upgrades," and MechJeb2 Dev release and RSSVE giving the incompatible warning RO/RP-1 runs well on 1.12.  Also RemoteTech gives the in-game warning that it can cause problems with Kerbalism.

I have to admit defeat and that I am wrong.  RO/RP-1 does not work properly on 1.12.  I continue to encounter the issue of being unable to leave a building once inside.  I click the button to leave and then it disappears leaving me stuck.  Also, I  have not been able to enter the VAB/SPH.  

Edited by billtetley

10 hours ago, billtetley said:

With the exception of KSP Burst (regular and lite) causing the game to hang at "Loading Part Upgrades," and MechJeb2 Dev release and RSSVE giving the incompatible warning RO/RP-1 runs well on 1.12.  Also RemoteTech gives the in-game warning that it can cause problems with Kerbalism.

I have to admit defeat and that I am wrong.  RO/RP-1 does not work properly on 1.12.  I continue to encounter the issue of being unable to leave a building once inside.  I click the button to leave and then it disappears leaving me stuck.  Also, I  have not been able to enter the VAB/SPH.  

A while ago, I had a mod that let me go directly from building to building, or to the KSC. Not sure what it was called, but QuickGoTo seems to have that function. Maybe give that a try, and see if it lets you bypass the problem?

@NathanKell NathanKell released this 2 hours ago

Major Updates:

• Redesigned convection. Includes using FAR's calculation of exposed area, which considerably increases convective heating. Heat shield presets changed to compensate and for accuracy. A number of parts have had their temperature limits and thermal masses revised.
  • Support TestFlight v2.1's differnation between current and cumulative burn time. Configure restart penalties for engines restarted too quickly (or after too long a delay). Lower over-burn penalties for reliable engines that were tested for long periods without failure. Add a number of missing TF engine configs.
  • Support Waterfall plumes for all engines, defaulting to RealPlume if Waterfall is not installed.
  • In conjunction with the latest AJE, mark centrifugal-flow compressor jets as such for reduced transonic and supersonic performance.

New features:

• Speed up the TestFlight configuration patches
  • Add an X-1 cockpit from Airplanes Plus
  • Add the missing 1.25m (X-15) cockpit from Ven's Revamp
  • Add basic support for CarnationRED Flexible parts (#2424)
  • Improve SSPX support
  • Support ReDIRECT
  • Support Restock+
  • Improve Modular Launch Pad support to work around issue in B9PS
  • Support new hollow interstage from ROTanks
  • Add small radial sep motor
  • Go back to allowing physicsless parts
  • Adjust maximum speeds for small/early landing gear
  • Add a speculative upgrade to the E-1 based on its configuration in Kolyma's Shadow
  • Give consistent compressor models to jets even when Ven's Stock Revamp is not installed (#2467)
  • Add a crew capacity of 1 and a science lab to the Early Station Science Module due to the need for both in Kerbalism's science handling

Bug Fixes

• Add missing Turpentine resource to tanks (#2436)
  • Fixed a bug in KSP's analytic convection that led to ships being too cold at night in atmosphere on Earth (and probably too hot on Venus)
  • Fix wrong category for pylons and hardpoints (#2438)
  • Fix mass of SCANSat lowres radar (#2440)
  • fix TU configs for Tiny Tim
  • Increase LMAE and LMDE reliability to appropriate values
  • Add missing MMH+MON10 config for RCS and generic engines
  • Unhide KTDU417, KVD1, RD256
  • Use corrected performance numbers for Nike M5E1 and Star 37 solid motors
  • Disable applying KSPWheel to the stock mini landing leg, since that breaks it.
  • Correct the mass of the Transtar config (#2472)
  • Fix an issue where char animations on heat shields were broken

Contributors:

Thanks to: @lpganon, @pap1723, @al2me6, @Capkirk123, @vader111, @NathanKell, @jwvanderbeck, @siimav, @DRVeyl, @vevladdd

Thanks to all who have given support in issues, comments and discord discussions. Your contributions are greatly valued!

@NathanKell NathanKell released this 3 hours ago

Hotfix to fix TestFlight data accrual, fix issues with rated vs current burn time (and wrong UI), and restore TestLite compatibility.
Original changelog for v13.1:

Major Updates:

• Redesigned convection. Includes using FAR's calculation of exposed area, which considerably increases convective heating. Heat shield presets changed to compensate and for accuracy. A number of parts have had their temperature limits and thermal masses revised.
  • Support TestFlight v2.1's differnation between current and cumulative burn time. Configure restart penalties for engines restarted too quickly (or after too long a delay). Lower over-burn penalties for reliable engines that were tested for long periods without failure. Add a number of missing TF engine configs.
  • Support Waterfall plumes for all engines, defaulting to RealPlume if Waterfall is not installed.
  • In conjunction with the latest AJE, mark centrifugal-flow compressor jets as such for reduced transonic and supersonic performance.

New features:

• Speed up the TestFlight configuration patches
  • Add an X-1 cockpit from Airplanes Plus
  • Add the missing 1.25m (X-15) cockpit from Ven's Revamp
  • Add basic support for CarnationRED Flexible parts (#2424)
  • Improve SSPX support
  • Support ReDIRECT
  • Support Restock+
  • Improve Modular Launch Pad support to work around issue in B9PS
  • Support new hollow interstage from ROTanks
  • Add small radial sep motor
  • Go back to allowing physicsless parts
  • Adjust maximum speeds for small/early landing gear
  • Add a speculative upgrade to the E-1 based on its configuration in Kolyma's Shadow
  • Give consistent compressor models to jets even when Ven's Stock Revamp is not installed (#2467)
  • Add a crew capacity of 1 and a science lab to the Early Station Science Module due to the need for both in Kerbalism's science handling

Bug Fixes

• Add missing Turpentine resource to tanks (#2436)
  • Fixed a bug in KSP's analytic convection that led to ships being too cold at night in atmosphere on Earth (and probably too hot on Venus)
  • Fix wrong category for pylons and hardpoints (#2438)
  • Fix mass of SCANSat lowres radar (#2440)
  • fix TU configs for Tiny Tim
  • Increase LMAE and LMDE reliability to appropriate values
  • Add missing MMH+MON10 config for RCS and generic engines
  • Unhide KTDU417, KVD1, RD256
  • Use corrected performance numbers for Nike M5E1 and Star 37 solid motors
  • Disable applying KSPWheel to the stock mini landing leg, since that breaks it.
  • Correct the mass of the Transtar config (#2472)
  • Fix an issue where char animations on heat shields were broken

Contributors:

Thanks to: @lpganon, @pap1723, @al2me6, @Capkirk123, @vader111, @NathanKell, @jwvanderbeck, @siimav, @DRVeyl, @vevladdd

Thanks to all who have given support in issues, comments and discord discussions. Your contributions are greatly valued!