[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Hello, I was building a Shuttle-like craft. When testing the RCS, using the cheat menu to set orbit, Ferram was throwing exceptions to the console and the game was dropping to 5 fps (in space). I'm using B9 pwings. And as far im concerned everything is installed correctly.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks.

I have a problem...i was trying to launch a SSTU ares 1 however the engines are broken...it just shows the engine plumes and wont let me manuly ignite the engines i carnt ignite them by staging and in the top right hand corner it says i have no PROBE control. This is all on ksp 1.2.2

17 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

Engines don't use real fuel. Any fixes?

Please read the OP again :

On 28/01/2017 at 2:38 PM, Theysen said:

If you're experiencing a bug, please post an output_log.txt (This can be found in your /KerbalSpaceProgam/KSP_Data/ folder)

How do you think anybody can help you with the informations you are giving.

16 hours ago, Abpilot said:

I have a problem...i was trying to launch a SSTU ares 1 however the engines are broken...it just shows the engine plumes and wont let me manuly ignite the engines i carnt ignite them by staging and in the top right hand corner it says i have no PROBE control. This is all on ksp 1.2.2

Same thing.
Looking at the wiki is also strongly advised : https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/wiki/False-KSP-Lessons#myth-rocket-engines-are-infinitely-restartable
You must have enough avionics in your probe to be able to control your ship (only if you're using RP-0, but who knows?).

Edited by hargn

7 hours ago, hargn said:

Please read the OP again :

How do you think anybody can help you with the informations you are giving.

Same thing.
Looking at the wiki is also strongly advised : https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/wiki/False-KSP-Lessons#myth-rocket-engines-are-infinitely-restartable
You must have enough avionics in your probe to be able to control your ship (only if you're using RP-0, but who knows?).

I was using the Orion capsule supplied for ares one in SSTU

So, I may possibly feel a little dumb after asking this. As I'm very new to modding KSP (a couple weeks ago was my first try), I've been downloading the .zip files suggested in the spreadsheet, then extracting the .zip, clicking thru to the gamedata folder, and manually copying what's in there to my KSP gamedata folder.

I just looked into the realismoverhaul-dev.zip file that I downloaded (dev branch recommended by the spreadsheet), and realized that I see 17 items...one is the gamedata folder.

So, here's the dumb question part: am I supposed to copy all 17 of those items into my main KSP folder, overwriting files?

Because if so, then I need to start completely over and do that for all the mods I installed. :-)

UPDATE:

Looks like the answer to this is "Yes...except where the answer is no." :-) Meaning, I copied all 17 items from the realismoverhaul-dev.zip file to my ksp folder, and now I have some RO FASA rockets to choose from (including the Saturn V, which is what I'm wanting to mess around with and what led me back to the zip file!). As I checked thru the zip files of the other mods suggested in the spreadsheet, I only found a couple others that needed more than just the contents of the gamedata folder copied. As with most things of this nature, mod creators have chosen to package their mods differently than others, so some *only* have a gamedata folder inside the zip, some don't, and some have a strange file structure that you have to dig deep into in order to find the gamedata folder...and sometimes it isn't even called gamedata.

Anyway, answered my own question, and now am getting back to figuring out how to get Jeb, Bill, and Bob to the Moon and back in the Saturn V. :-)

Edited by WildDoktor

12 hours ago, WildDoktor said:

So, I may possibly feel a little dumb after asking this. As I'm very new to modding KSP (a couple weeks ago was my first try), I've been downloading the .zip files suggested in the spreadsheet, then extracting the .zip, clicking thru to the gamedata folder, and manually copying what's in there to my KSP gamedata folder.

I just looked into the realismoverhaul-dev.zip file that I downloaded (dev branch recommended by the spreadsheet), and realized that I see 17 items...one is the gamedata folder.

So, here's the dumb question part: am I supposed to copy all 17 of those items into my main KSP folder, overwriting files?

Because if so, then I need to start completely over and do that for all the mods I installed. :-)

UPDATE:

Looks like the answer to this is "Yes...except where the answer is no." :-) Meaning, I copied all 17 items from the realismoverhaul-dev.zip file to my ksp folder, and now I have some RO FASA rockets to choose from (including the Saturn V, which is what I'm wanting to mess around with and what led me back to the zip file!). As I checked thru the zip files of the other mods suggested in the spreadsheet, I only found a couple others that needed more than just the contents of the gamedata folder copied. As with most things of this nature, mod creators have chosen to package their mods differently than others, so some *only* have a gamedata folder inside the zip, some don't, and some have a strange file structure that you have to dig deep into in order to find the gamedata folder...and sometimes it isn't even called gamedata.

Anyway, answered my own question, and now am getting back to figuring out how to get Jeb, Bill, and Bob to the Moon and back in the Saturn V. :-)

Technically, all you need is what's in the GameData folder.  Some mods might also include a Ships and/or Subassemblies folder which you could copy over as well so you have access to those when AllowStockVessels is true (though I tend to put ships into the Ships folder in my specific savegame files if I plan on using them).  But, for the most part, none of the other folders or files are required.

2 hours ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Any forecast, when a RO version or 1.3 or 1.4 is gonna hit ckan

It's hard to say, but CKAN support would probably be a while after the 1.3 or 1.4 versions are ready for release. And only the developers can give you an idea of when things will be available for release.  :)

They will probably say soon®... :wink:

Hey guys,

i have a little question regarding SRB's cost in game, are they realistic??? I mean i can launch a rocket with a payload capacity of 32T in LEO by using 2 UA1207 SRM's for about 52K while i can do the same and even better (35T LEO) with 4LFB's using NK33's for about 33K. I read online that the use of LFB's in real life is a lot more expensive but the game does not realy reflect that.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:51 AM, FlyDeltaJets said:

I finally got RO up and running, but I keep getting a No Connection error with my rockets.  I copied the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file to my RemoteTech GameData folder, but nothing seems to work.  I'm assuming I should see the red dots for ground stations in map mode, correct? I don't see any of those.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I hate to bump my own post, but I really want to get RO working.  Any suggestions?

KSP: 1.2.2 Windows 10 64bit

Problem: None of the docking ports work. I try to dock them together going at less than 0.1 m/s with the docking indicator lined up, but they will never dock together. 

Mods Installed: Mods are installed through CKAN so I just provided screenshots of that it has all the information you will need.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f5qah2mzaznmxd/KSP RO 1.2.2 MODS 1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s4ypbucxp4w0rf/KSP RO 1.2.2 MODS 2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v32z1iho942xm9j/KSP RO 1.2.2 MODS 3.png?dl=0

Reproduction steps: Build two Craft with the same type of docking port than attempt to dock them together. (in orbit or on land)

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvnerqa8vro4lhw/KSP RO Unity Log.docx?dl=0

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx3zmwedhpandd3/KSP RO 1.2.2 MODS Apollo Docking System not working.png?dl=0

This screenshot shows what is happening with all the docking ports. I approached going less than 0.1 m/s with the indicator aligned, but I bumped into the other space craft instead of docking. I'm pretty sure that the two latches jutting out from the docking port aren't supposed to be there, but they are on all of them The bumpers on the docking ports were not deployed either.  

Also I've tried reinstalling everything and that didn't fix it. I also can't find much information on this issue either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79xvomtqt0m07xu/KSP RO 1.2.2 Mods Apollo Docking System Docked in VAB.png?dl=0

So I tested the docking ports out in the VAB and I think that the model is messed up for them and that's the reason I can't dock. When docked together in the VAB they do not match how they would look while docked in space. I Cheated two docked vessels into orbit then undocked them and when I did they did not explode, but forcefully separated from each other at a rapid velocity as if the docking ports were clipping into each other. 

Edited by kingbrabx
New information about problem

On 3/23/2018 at 5:52 AM, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Any forecast, when a RO version or 1.3 or 1.4 is gonna hit ckan

1.3.1 support will be soon, I've been merging all the open PRs and fixing any glaring issues in prep, you can already get a working 1.3.1 release off the dev branch

Perhaps I should have asked here instead of making a thread....

1 hour ago, Antstar said:

As per the title, I am playing with RO, RP-0, all the default CKAN mods and nothing else.

I am trying to understand the difference between command and avionics. So, I know that with science core you are essentially drifting but if you asked for a SAS hold you may still be able to get that. And I know that with command and enough avionics you have full control over vehicle. But what if you have command but no avionics, like the Mariner probe in image???

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Thanks

Any assistance would be great :wink:

13 hours ago, Antstar said:

Perhaps I should have asked here instead of making a thread....

Any assistance would be great :wink:

Simply put - the mariner probe is not configured for RP-0 mechanics which involve avionics. Think of avionics as mass limit a probe core can deal with. As soon as it gets above the mass limit you can’t control your rocket / craft at all until you add a sufficient probe core to it (most preferably to the next stage). Think of it like the real life equivalent in a Atlas V for example, the probe itself won’t steer the whole booster but rely on the rockets internal guidance computers until separation. That’s what avionics try to incorporate. If a probe core isn’t configured for the avionics this mechanic is neglected and you  mariner could steer the whole launcher on its own. 

On 3/31/2018 at 5:07 AM, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

I will name my firstborn raidernick.

.cacklingLaughter

also i'm going around pestering folks  come over to the testing camp

Remaining Mods for release holding up RO/.RP0
NONE
  And Now RO is released

If you have RF Stock configs installed you will get 2 errors in Ro_RCS_Config.cfg and MM cache will not save.

BcBy4Bn.png

Please if possible comment on issues and
add new issues to relavent GIT hubs
if you see problems with any mod or RO/RP0

sign in

Edited by Bornholio

[1.3.1] Realism Overhaul v12.0.0 [03 Apr 2018]

Update available to make Realism Overhaul compatible to Kerbal Space Program version 1.3.1. Do note that also Real Solar System is now compatible to 1.3.1.

Changelog

• Tweak WAC/Aerobee, RL10 config costs
  • Add the LR87/91 configs as sepculative
  • Update X-405 config to match specs in Vanguard Engineering Summary
  • Tweak Russian Engine reliability and config costs
  • Various craft fixes for Raidernick model changes
  • Update Raidernick configs for proton changes
  • Move entryCost from S-3 to S-3D
  • Global engine config changes
  • Fix testflight configs of various engines
  • Added RealEngines support
  • Fix mass of several avionics packages
  • Fixed some part tags
  • Fixed various BDB and FASA configs
  • Added missing brackets to resource configs
  • Added new part module AdjustableCoMShifter
  • Fixed trailing whitespace/newlines in many files
  • Turn off relaying for all SPUs
  • Fix X-405 verniers using the wrong HTP mixture
  • Updated CMES for KSP 1.3.1
  • Added new Bluedog parts
  • Add generic engine config for BDB X-405H
  • Fix generic RCS thruster mass and scale
  • Various SSTU config fixes
  • SXT updates including mass fix for sputnik
  • Update netkan to remove dead mods and add a few new ones

Thanks to NathanKell, Raidernick, eggrobin, pap1723, PhineasFreak, ctiberious, blowfishpro, AnticlockwisePropeller, Bornholio, smartdummies, aw1621107, AlphaMike741, Ash19256, ahmedcharles, MikeOnTea, m4gus88, DocRockwell, Schnobs and glilienthal for their contributions to this release!

Special thanks to Eggrobin, Ferram and blowfishpro for getting all the dependencies updated.

Edited by Theysen

On 3/31/2018 at 8:54 PM, Bornholio said:

.cacklingLaughter

also i'm going around pestering folks  come over to the testing camp

Remaining Mods for release holding up RO/.RP0
NONE
  And Now RO is released

If you have RF Stock configs installed you will get 2 errors in Ro_RCS_Config.cfg and MM cache will not save.

Please if possible comment on issues and
add new issues to relavent GIT hubs
if you see problems with any mod or RO/RP0

:o 1.3.1 RPO release soon? how stable is the DEV branch?
awesome work guys!