[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Standard game, RRS + RO and I want to apply the following patch. It does not get applied at all (i.e. description does not get updated) and the main purpose is making this engine throttle enabled. What am I doing wrong ?

@PART[*]:HAS[#engineType[LR79]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
  {
    @CONFIG[LR79-NA-11]
      {
        @minThrust  = 50
    @ignitions = 20
    @throttleLocked = false
    @description = Main engine for MB-3-II propulsion system - test1
      }
  }
}

Edited by Cagz
Typo fixes

@Cagz  Looking at the final state in ModuleManager.ConfigCache, the patch you want would be:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]:HAS[@CONFIG[LR79-NA-11]]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
	{
		@CONFIG[LR79-NA-11]
		{
			@minThrust  = 50
			@ignitions = 20
			%throttleLocked = false
			@description = Main engine for MB-3-II propulsion system - test1
		}
	}
}

NOTE: this overwrites the existing LR79-NA-11 "MB-3-2 on Thor" engine configuration with these new settings. If instead you intend to add an additional config, that would require a different patch.

For anyone in my situation of wanting realism but kerbalized food for thought:

35 F1 engines flew

42 J2 engines flew

Largest pressure vessel (2,827m^3)

Heaviest tracked vehicle 14,200 tons

Leading me to be ok with a very large rocket (700 tons to orbit?)

Edited by Xt007

It might technically run, but 4 GB of ram is probably not enough for a good experience.  The GeForce 410M is also a fairly weak graphics card.

Up until a few years ago I used to play on an i7-860 and a Radeon HD 5770 with 12 GB of ram.  8 GB of ram should be enough for a minimum install, but you will probably want to close other memory hungry programs first. 

7 hours ago, AVaughan said:

It might technically run, but 4 GB of ram is probably not enough for a good experience.  The GeForce 410M is also a fairly weak graphics card.

Up until a few years ago I used to play on an i7-860 and a Radeon HD 5770 with 12 GB of ram.  8 GB of ram should be enough for a minimum install, but you will probably want to close other memory hungry programs first. 

So,what is minium reqirements for RO?

Hi, a lot of my jet engines have broken nozzles, no exhaust effects, and exert no thrust on the craft (even though the tooltip says there's thrust) 
Anybody seen this before?

Edited by KAO

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue for a while where all my Solid Rocket Boosters loose thrust/impulse after 20ish seconds of ignition. The stats say that the engine is still running, but it is stuck at 70% rated thrust and no fuel is being used. In reality there is no thrust being felt after this error occurs. Now I'm having the same issue for liquid rocket boosters where the mass flow rate goes to 0, no more fuel is being used, and no thrust is being felt. 

Is this an issue with RealFuels, RO, or something else?

Here is my KSPlog

And some screenshots of the issue

https://imgur.com/ycLRTA0

https://imgur.com/WmolZiE

• 4 weeks later...

I can see fission reactors in the tech tree, they don't say "NON-RO" on them, but they're not appearing in my parts list in the editor. Am I missing something? There's a few parts that have that same issue. When I check the radioactive "NON-RO Parts
 list in the editor, they don't show up there, either. I c

• 2 weeks later...

https://imgur.com/a/kRgaPDE

I've been having some problems with my realism overhaul save and as of right now the biggest thing bugging me is that my delta v readouts are broken. Is there a fix to this issue because so far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and a bunch of mods. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

*Image of issue included in the link

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

https://imgur.com/a/kRgaPDE

I've been having some problems with my realism overhaul save and as of right now the biggest thing bugging me is that my delta v readouts are broken. Is there a fix to this issue because so far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and a bunch of mods. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

*Image of issue included in the link

On my install (RO + RP-1) the stock dV readout is disabled because it isn't accurate.  the normal recommendation is to use MechJeb's dV display.  (KER's dV display is also inaccurate).

QUESTION:

What is the actual intended weight of a kerbal, for realism overhaul?

I do actuall have a problem with the procedual avionics on the mercury capsule. ITs set to control a 1.5T payload. The actual capsule weights 1.427 with all systems but the scape system  (rcs block, nose unit, the retropack, destabilizing flap, etc, even the small kick motor). Everithing fine untill you get a kerbal inside and ksp adds an other 100kg for the kerbal (without any chute or any inventory object).

Then the total mass is 1.527 T, exceding the actual 1.5T of avionics controllable mass, and making the flight uncontrollable, with the only option of tweaking down some of the food, water, lithium, or the RCS fuel.

Is that something intended, am I doing something wrong, or is the weight of the kerbal a little too much?
If the weight is not intended, i wont have any problems for looking for it on the config files, if you know wich one of the files is the weight in.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks in advance

On 6/3/2022 at 3:34 PM, Alex1234567890 said:

So,what is minium reqirements for RO?

16 gb RAM, at least a 3 GHz CPU if you want to see the 'green clock' (Yours will probably run it, but clock will be yellow all the time). Yeah your GPU is weak, but use the 2K textures and don't install scaterrer or EVE and you should be fine(fine as in getting ~10-15 fps, playable, but not great.)

I have been left from this game for 4 years. And recently I downloaded the game, installed mods including RO, and then I found the engines and RCSs using normal temperature fuel such as MMH+NTO are unavailable. The game version is KSP12.2.3, and I install the mods from CKAN.I found the cfgs in RO define Helium as engine fuel. That's unreasonble. Could anyone tell me how to solve it? I also want the flattable heat shield avialable in RO environment, but RO define almost all parts' max temperature at 1073K in a way I don't know. If someone kindly tell me how can I get that?

Edited by SplendidSky

Helium is definitely used in pressure-fed engines and fuel tanks.  To change RCS fuel, use the configuration tab in the PAWRO doesn't come with a config for the inflatable heat shield, so you will either have to make your own or find and use somebody else's.  RO's max part temperature settings are in the RO config for each part, in my experience with configs.

Edited by Entropian

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help:

1. Fresh KSP install - KSP version 1.12.3.3173 + both DLCs

2. RP-1 Express install from instructions in this thread using CKAN. Nothing else installed mod wise.

3. Start new sandbox game

4. Go into the aircraft hangar and there are no Mk.2 plane fuselages available or other Mk.2 parts apart from the Cockpits.

I've tried this with two fresh installs. The Mk.2 parts are there prior to installing RP-1 Express but disappear after it. Everything else seems to be in working order - is this a bug or just my install?

Edited by Toontoonizer