[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

54 minutes ago, Clockwork13 said:

Is there any version of this that works with 1.3? Currently RO just causes my game to crash.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=0

like on the previous page mentioned a lot, RO is working in 1.3.1, if you use the right downloads and dll. Nathankell has allready a youtube series running, where he is testing RO and RP-1 in 1.3.1

Hello, im in the process of a reinstall (manual, ugh) and was wondering if there is any point in doing a post with all the updated repos for 1.3? Mostly for my own benefit. Cause right now you have to google every single one to find the 1.3 updates.

3 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Hello, im in the process of a reinstall (manual, ugh) and was wondering if there is any point in doing a post with all the updated repos for 1.3? Mostly for my own benefit. Cause right now you have to google every single one to find the 1.3 updates.

enjoy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=417044107

4 hours ago, logaritm said:

hmm... i'm not sure i am missing something but i can't seem to throttle up with the aerobee liquid engine on my sounding rocket so it wont ignite when i start it

Likely, Remote Tech setting "Throttle Engines on Loss of Signal"

4 hours ago, logaritm said:

huh, i think it's remote tech since when i try an other design the engines immediately throttle to zero when i release the clamps, this is even when i have the throttle to zero on lost connection setting off

The toggle is easy to interpret as its reverse.  But I've also seen this with a install problem.  Think that time it was an extra RO in a /gamedata/gamedata/ folder. 

I don't suppose "ISRUhas been fixed for RO yet has it? Until that is done I have kind of lost interest in KSP because I only want to use SSTO's and bringing the fuel up would take many many trips so it's not really feasible until ISRU is fixed, also cryogenic fuels not working properly with cooling during time warp.

Even if you could just use the current mining and just be able to have a model to turn that into Liquid Fuel, Oxidiser and monoprop into various fuel types, or even just 1 say Liquid Hydrogen for Liquid Fuel, Liquid Oxygen for Oxidiser and HTP for Monoprop, it would limit your engine choice, but it would give you the broadest choice of engines.

Edited by etheoma

On 23.1.2018 at 2:07 AM, Kobymaru said:

Do I understand correctly that my only option now is to CHEAT and manually perform ullage using the RCS controls that magically aren't locked down and have no signal delay?

I'd like to ask about this as well. On my install steering and throttle are not affected by signal delay, which really is not very realistic. Is this just happening on my install? Is there a way to change it? I'd really like to have my steering inputs delayed properly.

Thanks a lot for all your great work on RO!

Edited by Warp11

Having an issue using the procedural interstage fairing w/decoupler, I read the faqs and browsed the thread for troubleshooting ideas, but my problem is:

1. When attaching the interstage decoupler to the bottom tank in 2+ engine configurations, it seems that it only detaches during decoupling like...50% of the time. Keep in mind that I am making sure to attach the interstage at the very top node ---> Tank
  2. When Decoupling, occasionally only 1 of 2 engines start up when staging...is this an issue with me misconfiguring tanks for hypergolic fuels?

thanks for any help

Edited by jstnj

On 2/18/2018 at 4:20 PM, Bornholio said:

Likely, Remote Tech setting "Throttle Engines on Loss of Signal"

The toggle is easy to interpret as its reverse.  But I've also seen this with a install problem.  Think that time it was an extra RO in a /gamedata/gamedata/ folder. 

my GPU is currently borked so that's why im kinda late with any findings, anywho i have done some testing and i found two things, first i'm pretty sure the aerobee engine does not work, second is that the engine cutout only happens when I am attached to any type of launch clamps, if i just put it on the ground it launches fine, it seems like for a split second when it switches over from local control it throttles to zero and since realism overhaul has limited number of ignitions it can't reignite and shuts off, i wonder if this is easily solved with having the throttle start at max but i have not found a way to do that

Edited by logaritm

Currently suffering some install issues with beta 1.3.1 RO

Using https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=417044107

Running game between sections of mods - It works flawlessly up to ' Add The MEAT and SAUCE' section. Installing RO (dev) by copying the contents of its GameData folder to KSP/GameData folder as told. This includes replacing (deleting all other) ModuleManager.dll

the output.log :

[pastebin is giving issues. what is an alternative to pastebin?]

-

From the looks of it it errors after a printing of the text 'smallRadialEngine.pressureFed = False'

On the error i get this output to the log : (this has occurred in my first attempt, this is my second attempt at following the spreadsheet)

tBBjbN3.png

I also get this on startup :

OeqolQk.png

hmm, seems like i also have some kind of compatibility problem since the game crashes during the module manager patching and also seem to happen so abruptly that KSP has no chance to log it or it crashes just after it's done patching

also the game loads fine when realism is not added :/

Edited by logaritm

I'm having a few issues running RO with KSP 1.3.1 64bit. (I'm following the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=417044107)

1. I followed it exactly, and periodic checks (starting / runnning KSP and starting new sandbox and new career games) work just fine until I get somewhere around line 68 "Add Optional Mods". From that point on, no engine I add to a rocket or space plane will show any delta-v.

2. The ProceeduralParts mod fails and I have to remove it to even get KSP running.

3. I don't understand line 70 on the spreadsheet. This is my first time modding KSP, so maybe I don't understand the "shortcut" terminology. For instance: I don't know where to get "rp1.dll", and I don't know where to get a plugin folder "from a release". "Modular Fuel system has several folders that will not be used and a plugins folder is not included. Get aplugin folder from a release then replace the .dll with the one in the link"

Notes:

Here is what the version checker says at startup:

• The currently installed version of B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts was built to run on KSP 1.3
  • The currently installed version of Kerbal Construction Time  was built to run on KSP 1.2.2
  • The currently installed version of StageRecovery was built to run on KSP 1.3
  • The currently installed version of  VenStockRevamp was built to run on KSP 1.3

And finally, a list of the addons:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 3.2.0.3

Toolbar - 1.7.16.5

Advanced Jet Engine - 2.10

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.13

Community Category Kit - 2.0.2

Community Resource Pack - 0.8

Connected Living Space - 1.2.5.7

Contract Configurator - 1.23.3

Deadly Reentry - 7.6.2

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.9

Firespitter - 7.6

FShangarExtender - 3.5.2

JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3

RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.3

Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3

HyperEdit - 1.5.6

<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.6

KRASH - 0.5.26

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2

MagiCore - 1.3

ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7

RCS Build Aid - 0.9.5.1

RealSolarSystem - 12.0

RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.5

ShipManifest - 5.2

SolverEngines - 3.4

StageRecovery - 1.7.2

TextureReplacerReplaced - 0.5.4

TAC Life Support - 0.13.6

UbioWeldingLtd-Continued - 2.5.2

VenStockRevamp - 1.9.8

Waypoint Manager - 2.7

WildBlueTools - 1.41

[x] Science! - 5.11

Help?

Thanks!

Edited by WildDoktor
Cleaning up the post a bit for clarity and brevity

@Phineas Freak and co, can you help me to troubleshoot an error during KSP loading in regards to RO configs? I suspect it's a parts pack but I'm having trouble finding the root cause. I just pulled the latest dev RO build including the RealEngines configs you made a couple days ago, but please know that I have been getting the same "2 errors related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/RO_RCS_Config.cfg" during loads for at least 3 weeks now.

Please see the logs linked and let me know if I can give any further details!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fKBpVoJdxSSaC_g2aBn6cfhWWfNBrmtp

@jstnj Things that i noticed:

• There a ton of NullRefs because of TweakScale. TS is not suported by RO anyway so you are going to have bad luck with it's functionality.
  • Have you installed any "stock" contract packs? Because there are also some errors because of the missing stock celestial bodies.

Now on the actual error: the 1 and 2 kN Generic Thrusters are a bit broken right now and that's where these two errors come from. You can ignore them for now. I'll see if i can fix it and make a PR.

Edited by Phineas Freak

On 2/25/2018 at 6:39 PM, WildDoktor said:

I'm having a few issues running RO with KSP 1.3.1 64bit. (I'm following the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=417044107)

1. I followed it exactly, and periodic checks (starting / runnning KSP and starting new sandbox and new career games) work just fine until I get somewhere around line 68 "Add Optional Mods". From that point on, no engine I add to a rocket or space plane will show any delta-v.

2. The ProceeduralParts mod fails and I have to remove it to even get KSP running.

3. I don't understand line 70 on the spreadsheet. This is my first time modding KSP, so maybe I don't understand the "shortcut" terminology. For instance: I don't know where to get "rp1.dll", and I don't know where to get a plugin folder "from a release". "Modular Fuel system has several folders that will not be used and a plugins folder is not included. Get aplugin folder from a release then replace the .dll with the one in the link"

Notes:

Here is what the version checker says at startup:

• The currently installed version of B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts was built to run on KSP 1.3
  • The currently installed version of Kerbal Construction Time  was built to run on KSP 1.2.2
  • The currently installed version of StageRecovery was built to run on KSP 1.3
  • The currently installed version of  VenStockRevamp was built to run on KSP 1.3

And finally, a list of the addons:

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

Toolbar - 1.7.16.5

Deadly Reentry - 7.6.2

Firespitter - 7.6

FShangarExtender - 3.5.2

JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3

Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3

HyperEdit - 1.5.6

<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.6

KRASH - 0.5.26

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2

MagiCore - 1.3

RCS Build Aid - 0.9.5.1

RealSolarSystem - 12.0

ShipManifest - 5.2

SolverEngines - 3.4

StageRecovery - 1.7.2

TextureReplacerReplaced - 0.5.4

UbioWeldingLtd-Continued - 2.5.2

VenStockRevamp - 1.9.8

Waypoint Manager - 2.7

WildBlueTools - 1.41

[x] Science! - 5.11

Help?

Thanks!

Hey, let me see So line 69 on is going to need at least using a "master" install from github.  (ALL THESE ARE TECHNICALLY OPTIONAL)

B9 Proc wings only needs master  move B9-PWings-Fork-master.zip \B9-PWings-Fork-master\GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings\ folder into your gamedata folder (or the alternate texture one)

Real fuels : this one causes most problems,   from master ModularFuelSystem-master.zip  move only the \ModularFuelSystem-master\RealFuels\ folder into your gamedata.  The next step  is to get a plugins folder from one of the releases,  preferable this one https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/releases/tag/rf-v12.4.1  Move RealFuels_v12.4.1.zip \GameData\RealFuels\Plugins\ folder instide of the \RealFuels\ folder.  The link in the https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/wiki/RO-RP-0-DEVELOPMENT-CHANGES-(Training,-Tooling,-Maintenance-Costs-and-Facilities) Wiki page gives us these dlls to use https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oify23mazfma7h7/AACDhQF1JoxG8hxKlhA_Px7Za?dl=0.  Take that RealFuels.dll and replace the one in \GameData\RealFuels\Plugins

Test Flight Install the Dev branch of Test Flight  https://github.com/KSP-RO/TestFlight/tree/dev  TestFlight-dev.zip  \TestFlight-dev\GameData\TestFlight Folder into your gamedata folder

Persistent Rotation:  https://github.com/dkavolis/PersistentRotation  Has a 1.3.1 Master version  PersistentRotation-Release.zip \PersistentRotation-Release\GameData\PersistentRotation Folder into your gamedata folder

Kerbal Renamer  From master https://github.com/KSP-RO/KerbalRenamer it is annoying set of folders deep to the gamedata folder KerbalRenamer-master.zip \KerbalRenamer-master\KerbalRenamer\GameData\KerbalRenamer

KSC Switcher  https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher  KSCSwitcher-master.zip  \KSCSwitcher-master\Switcher\GameData\KSCSwitcher Folder into your gamedata folder

Principia  Download the release posted in the description at https://github.com/mockingbirdnest/Principia#principia

Thanks a ton Bornholio! The explanation of the Real Fuels install makes sense now.

Unfortunately, I now have an even worse problem. Before I read your reply I decided to start KSP again. I didn't make any changes; simply started the "shortcut" that I've been using.

Now it gets to a certain point and just hangs. I even left it there for 4 hours accidentally, and when I came back it hadn't moved. :-(  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lox4WkUjdc7BTtvox9Bvw5dbxB60kpd6 

In case the image doesn't come thru, I get a garbled messege that says "4 errors" at the end. Then it says "4 errors related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/RO_RCS_Config.cfg". And it hangs at the following:

FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Centaur/LFE_Gemini_Transtage_Twin/FASAGeminiLFECentarTwin

I literally did nothing to this install between 3 days ago and yesterday, but now it just hangs. 

However: Before I started the above, since I was having the issue with no delta-v for any rocket, I decided to create a brand new folder, put a fresh copy of the steam ksp folder in it, and went thru the instructions again. Everything worked until I got to line 82 and install RO. Then I get the same exact error as above. I figured I somehow messed up the install, so I went back to the original folder and started the game, and got the above error.

I'm thoroughly confused now. :-)

7 hours ago, WildDoktor said:

In case the image doesn't come thru, I get a garbled messege that says "4 errors" at the end. Then it says "4 errors related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/RO_RCS_Config.cfg". And it hangs at the following:

FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Centaur/LFE_Gemini_Transtage_Twin/FASAGeminiLFECentarTwin

Read a couple posts above, it seems that the config errors due to the RCS file is known by PhineasFreak. Additionally, i recommend just uninstalling FASA in favor of BD Design Bureaus Saturn mod here which is more up to date and better supported.

I just read Phineas Freak's "How to get support for modded KSP installations", so I thought I'd edit this post to conform to that template. Here goes:

KSP:  1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

Problem: Latest (dev) RO causes KSP to error out and crash before it fully loads

Mods installed:

Spoiler

Toolbar - 1.7.16.5

B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1

Bluedog Design Bureau - 1.1.6

Deadly Reentry - 7.6.2

Firespitter - 7.6

FShangarExtender - 3.5.2

JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3

HyperEdit - 1.5.6

<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.7

KRASH - 0.5.26

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2

MagiCore - 1.3

Procedural Parts - 1.2.12

RealChute - 1.4.5

RealFuels - 12.4.1

RealFuels Stockalike Configs - 3.2.3

RealSolarSystem - 12.0

RemoteTech - 1.8.9

SCANsat - 1.1.8.4

ShipManifest - 5.2

SolverEngines - 3.5

StageRecovery - 1.7.2

SXTContinued - 0.3.22

VenStockRevamp - 1.9.8

Waypoint Manager - 2.7

WildBlueTools - 1.19

[x] Science! - 5.11

Reproduction steps:

Fresh install of KSP 1.3.1 into new folder, follow the spreadsheet to  install everything but RO, test KSP…works fine. Now install KO (latest dev). Game crashes

Log:

Output_log.txt

Edited by WildDoktor

All works apart from RO

I have installed all of the mods in the order shown on the Golden spread sheet and ran the game between each mod install. Once i install RO i have errors relating to various configs within RO

such as GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_RCS_Fixes.cfg

GameData/RealismOverhaul/RealPlume_Configs/Bobcat/RD0110.cfg

GameData/RealismOverhaul/RealPlume_Configs/Bobcat/RD0124.cfg

GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_RecomendedMods/TACLS/RO_TACLS_Tanks.cfg

ETC

1 hour ago, C3nturionsparta said:

All works apart from RO

I have installed all of the mods in the order shown on the Golden spread sheet and ran the game between each mod install. Once i install RO i have errors relating to various configs within RO

such as GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_RCS_Fixes.cfg

I'm trying to ID which files are crashing my install.  So far only identified RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/Squad/RO_Squad_Engines.cfg though there are others in almost every config folder that I haven't tracked down yet.

I can confirm though that RO_RCS_Fixes.cfg isn't crashing my game.

Edited by Chippy the Space Dog
typo

On 3/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, Phineas Freak said:

@jstnj Well, it seems that my statements may be a bit...wrong. They are broken but in another way.

I assume that you are using the dev version of RO? I did some quick tests but i could not get the errors appear with the newer dev versions.

@Phineas Freak downloaded the latest from the dev branch this afternoon just to be sure--I'm still getting the 2 errors related to that config file. Like I said...I suspect it might be a parts pack? Could be wrong though.

Is there any way to get a more verbose error message to see what is actually failing when trying to utilize the " RO_RCS_Config.cfg" file?