[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

3 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Hello. I do not know if it is this or RP-0 that does it but how do I get rid of the 'not ro/rp-0 supported' bit in the name and description of a lot of my parts?

If you are using master or a dev build, do you have a Tree.cfg?  If not you need to compile one or look back on this thread to find one. Alternately take it from one of the releases in github.

If you are using the CKAN or release versions of RP-0 you should have a tree.cfg in the RP-0 folder.  Using CKAN most parts in the OP list will have supported parts. In that case you could make a small config file that includes the parts you want to remove that tag from. Each part would need one entry like this. Only the RP0Conf = true is needed to remove the note.

@PART[PartName]:FOR[RP-0]
{
    %TechRequired = improvedNuclearPropulsion   //set the tech or remove this line
	%cost = 7000								//set the cost or remove this line
	%entryCost = 180000							//set the cost or remove this line
	RP0conf = true
}

Edited by Bornholio

10 hours ago, Bornholio said:

If you are using master or a dev build, do you have a Tree.cfg?  If not you need to compile one or look back on this thread to find one. Alternately take it from one of the releases in github.

If you are using the CKAN or release versions of RP-0 you should have a tree.cfg in the RP-0 folder.  Using CKAN most parts in the OP list will have supported parts. In that case you could make a small config file that includes the parts you want to remove that tag from. Each part would need one entry like this. Only the RP0Conf = true is needed to remove the note.

@PART[PartName]:FOR[RP-0]
{
    %TechRequired = improvedNuclearPropulsion   //set the tech or remove this line
	%cost = 7000								//set the cost or remove this line
	%entryCost = 180000							//set the cost or remove this line
	RP0conf = true
}

Thanks, I will try this. 

Hi.

I get a strange bug when landed on the moon using FASA Apollo Saturn V Lunar. I am using R.O. on KSP 1.2.2, All required dependency mods plus a few extra I deemed useful.

Description: When going EVA leaving the LM The Astronaut (Jeb, in this case) seems to have a flamethrower attached to him :P. This is only an odd visual effect, otherwise it is an harmless bug and wastes no fuel (that I noticed so far). If I save, unload the game, and reload with Jeb already on the surface, it gets back to normal (no flame).

Also, it is extremely cumbersome and hard to climb out of the LM ladder back into the LM ascent module and even more difficult to board it... :P (but that´s probably a problem with the FASA Apollo mod)

Also, I noticed that both the LM and the Kerbal do not touch the moon dust, they seem to float 1 or 2 centimeters above it (the same happens with everything, I guess, the command module seems to float a little bit above the ocean when splashed down back on earth).

These are all harmless bugs (with the exception of FASA's LM difficult entry which can be quite annoying), they damage the visuals though...

I enclose a link to the output log and a picture of the effect.

Any suggestions?

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_13

Greetings!  I took a break from RO 1.1.3 and decided to try installing 1.2.2 manually.  I used Lilienthal's post from page 3 as a starting point.  I installed 1.2.2 through steam, got the general 1.2.2 updates through ckan, and downloaded the below list manually from github links.

My game crashes upon loading.  In the crash file it says error with model.dll.  I am at work and do not have access to my log files (which I will post), but wanted to see if anyone had any preliminary ideas.

As usual thanks in advance, the people on this forum are very helpful.

36 minutes ago, Galile-Ho said:

Greetings!  I took a break from RO 1.1.3 and decided to try installing 1.2.2 manually.  I used Lilienthal's post from page 3 as a starting point.  I installed 1.2.2 through steam, got the general 1.2.2 updates through ckan, and downloaded the below list manually from github links.

My game crashes upon loading.  In the crash file it says error with model.dll.  I am at work and do not have access to my log files (which I will post), but wanted to see if anyone had any preliminary ideas.

As usual thanks in advance, the people on this forum are very helpful.

There is currently NO need to install any mod manually outside of CKAN for the basic RO/RP-0 to work. You linked some older FAR commits which don't need to be installed, the released version is just fine for RO.

You do want to check the Deadly Reentry prerelease though from the GitHub page. It has some EVA and reentry fixes, you want to install this over the current one which comes with CKAN. Thanks :)

45 minutes ago, Galile-Ho said:

[... I installed 1.2.2 through steam, got the general 1.2.2 updates through ckan, and downloaded the below list manually from github links.

Hi, I also installed manually, 1.2.2, one mod at a time and check loading, but avoided ckan altogether since I tried first with ckan and had trouble.

If you installed ONLY the mods that you state here R.O. is not supposed to work, I guess, since the dependencies are more than these. 

Edited by Jaeleth

5 minutes ago, Jaeleth said:

Hi, I also installed manually, 1.2.2, one mod at a time and check loading, but avoided ckan altogether since I tried first with ckan and had trouble.

If you installed ONLY the mods that you state here R.O. is not supposed to work, I guess, since the dependencies are more than these. 

One of the problems I had with R.O. straight from ckan was, precisely, that ckan updated some mods beyond 1.2.2 and then there was... trouble... Although ckan is a wonderfully practical tool, try to leave it outside the loop this time, start with a fresh 1.2.2 install and go manual all the way.

These were first day issues when some mod authors had their .ckan meta files marked with 1.2.9 and CKAN then pulled those for a 1.2.2 install.

I installed RSS/RO/RP-0 several times during the past weeks via CKAN and it works out of the box. Please try that again with a fresh 1.2.2 install. If we wouldn't support CKAN anymore we would state that, until then it is the preferred and proposed way of installation. :)

Just now, Theysen said:

These were first day issues when some mod authors had their .ckan meta files marked with 1.2.9 and CKAN then pulled those for a 1.2.2 install.

I installed RSS/RO/RP-0 several times during the past weeks via CKAN and it works out of the box. Please try that again with a fresh 1.2.2 install. If we wouldn't support CKAN anymore we would state that, until then it is the preferred and proposed way of installation. :)

Check. I have no problems with the install though. It is working. Except for the odd (yet harmless) bug I reported above :)

8 hours ago, Jaeleth said:

Check. I have no problems with the install though. It is working. Except for the odd (yet harmless) bug I reported above :)

:)

@Theysen @Jaeleth thanks for all your help!  tried a fresh install with ckan and it works fine!  

Edited by Galile-Ho

12 minutes ago, mabdi36 said:

Does RO work for 1.2.2? Because an "Incompatible mod" window pops up when I boot KSP 1.2.2.

The title pretty much confirms that RO works in 1.2.2.

[1.2.2] Realism Overhaul v11.5.1 - 06/12/2017

:cool::cool:

Now please tell the name of the mod and upload an output.log as stated in red in the OP if you run into issues. As long as you installed through CKAN there are no incompatibilities or non functioning mods installed and RO should play like usual :) Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Theysen

16 minutes ago, mabdi36 said:

Does RO work for 1.2.2? Because an "Incompatible mod" window pops up when I boot KSP 1.2.2.

Make sure you install first with ckan only the required dependencies, and not the recommended or desirable extra mods. When all is working with the basic, then go for the others, one by one and check and save a copy of your gamedata folder in each step. It is a safe way of doing things, immo.

1 minute ago, Jaeleth said:

Make sure you install first with ckan only the required dependencies, and not the recommended or desirable extra mods. When all is working with the basic, then go for the others, one by one and check and save a copy of your gamedata folder in each step. It is a safe way of doing things, immo.

I don't use CKAN.

1 minute ago, mabdi36 said:

I don't use CKAN.

I was following Theysen's advice... But if you choose to go manual, like I did on my second try, you must even be more carefull (and it is a lenghty process). My guess is that it might be a wrong mod version, probably you downloaded a 1.3 ready mod, it happened to me... But it's just a guess... Follow Thysen's advice and provide him the log file.

Just now, Jaeleth said:

I was following Theysen's advice... But if you choose to go manual, like I did on my second try, you must even be more carefull (and it is a lenghty process). My guess is that it might be a wrong mod version, probably you downloaded a 1.3 ready mod, it happened to me... But it's just a guess... Follow Thysen's advice and provide him the log file.

Quick question, how d you post files?

1 minute ago, Jaeleth said:

Yes... That was one of my problems too... :P I don't like dropbox and alike. So I found this one, it is the simplest file sharer around, no emails, no logins, just post the file and copy the link back to here...

http://www.filedropper.com

or this one so we don't even need to download anything :)

https://pastebin.com/

Hello!

I was trying to build an Araine 4 replica and noticed your config used a model from KW rocketry and another model from RSB as the European HM7 series of engines. However, the KW model is hilariously over-sized even after rescaling, having a 5 meter tank butt; the RSB model's size is good, but like all RSB parts, lacks a bottom attachment node. Would is be possible to have a bit of tweak from you guys about this particular config?

1 hour ago, wb99999999 said:

Hello!

I was trying to build an Araine 4 replica and noticed your config used a model from KW rocketry and another model from RSB as the European HM7 series of engines. However, the KW model is hilariously over-sized even after rescaling, having a 5 meter tank butt; the RSB model's size is good, but like all RSB parts, lacks a bottom attachment node. Would is be possible to have a bit of tweak from you guys about this particular config?

I was also trying to add some bottom nodes to the HM7 by RSB and will likely push them into the Repo. I am still trying to implement a toggle for the bottom node as it usually isn't used in the RSB set. (I ran into the same problem trying to build an Ariane 4 like you did and the KW Rocketry bottom is horrible, I agree).

I'm brand new to the RO scene. I followed Tyler Raiz's tutorial, to a T. It loads for a while, then crashes. Here is the output_log:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initialize engine version: 5.4.0p4 (b15b5ae035b7)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumdx.dll 22.21.13.8178]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     6106 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\KSPAssets.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\KSPAssets.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\TDx.TDxInput.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\TDx.TDxInput.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\TrackIRUnity.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\TrackIRUnity.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\xmldiffpatch.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\xmldiffpatch.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\XmlDiffPatch.View.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\XmlDiffPatch.View.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.054 seconds
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Users\gibso\Documents\New folder\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.
<RI> Input initialized.
desktop: 1360x768 60Hz; virtual: 3280x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 1.476325 ms
Release Build

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[KSP Version]: 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64) (x64) ==============================

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Input Devices]: